Krav Maga

Hammertime007

It's not an art, but a collection of techniques, which varies between teacher to teacher. It's mostly taught to Police, who do not have time or money to invest in training their numbers in a curriculum based art to a high level. Police ae basically taught easy to remember, quite effective techniques. The ground/frontline army is also taught similar stuff. Special forces or higher level ops around the world learn more advanced 'princple' based arts i.e. to combat other high level fighters, rather than yobs on the street.

If you just want a few simple techniques (which will only be useful if you practice them regularly, and are able to think through and apply them on attack variations), then its fine. But if you want a high level art, based on intelligent fighting principles i.e. no blocking, evasive body and foot movements, efficient strikes (not commited attack or using muscle power), joint/muscle/bone/tendon/nerve manipulation and destruction, realistic responses against weapons etc... I would do some more research.

It's not a art, but a collection of techniques, which varies between teacher to teacher. It's mostly taught to Police, who do not have time or money to invest in training their numbers in a curriculum based art to a high level. Police ae basically taught easy to remember, quite effective techniques. The ground/frontline army is also taught similar stuff. Special forces or higher level ops around the world learn more advanced 'princple' based arts i.e. to combat other high level fighters, rather than yobs on the street.

If you just want a few simple techniques (which will only be useful if you practice them regularly, and are able to think through and apply them on attack variations), then its fine. But if you want a high level art, based on intelligent fighting principles i.e. no blocking, evasive body and foot movements, efficient strikes (not commited or using muscle power), joint/muscle/bone/tendon/nerve manipulation and destruction, realistic responses against weapons etc... I would do some more research.

The Israeli Defence Force learn Krav Maga as a part of their basic training...theyve been kicking the <banned word filter activated> out of islamists for years...so it seems to be effective...theres no point of having a art which takes 10 years to master...need an art which will make a person into a capable warrior as soon as possible...so in that regard it is worth learing for the average banda who wants to learn basic self defence..for those who want to master a art and become advanced expert fighters...then they will need to look elsewhere....but in a age where the gun , artillery and heavy ground vehicles dominate ground warfare...learning a close-combat art has lost its appeal...you can do all the pentre you want...you can do this block, that counter attack,, this punch,, this kick...but before you get close..most likely you will have bullet fly through your forehead...thats one of the main reasons the akaali nihangs were out of their depth against the british...they were near invincible in close quarters ...but having no artillery of their own..they too often charged staright into a discplined line of british gunfire...or were picked off in groups by british artillery....yudh changes and evolves...arts and tactics from old become obsolete over time...and armies need to adopt different tactics and equipment..

Actually ive always wondered how the fauj of akaal purkh will adapt to modern warfare...or have we just become a army of the past?..and have no intention of entering warfare ever again?...at the end of the day we are a fauj...

The Israeli Defence Force learn Krav Maga as a part of their basic training...theyve been kicking the <banned word filter activated> out of islamists for years...so it seems to be effective...theres no point of having a art which takes 10 years to master...need an art which will make a person into a capable warrior as soon as possible...so in that regard it is worth learing for the average banda who wants to learn basic self defence..for those who want to master a art and become advanced expert fighters...then they will need to look elsewhere....but in a age where the gun , artillery and heavy ground vehicles dominate ground warfare...learning a close-combat art has lost its appeal...you can do all the pentre you want...you can do this block, that counter attack,, this punch,, this kick...but before you get close..most likely you will have bullet fly through your forehead...thats one of the main reasons the akaali nihangs were out of their depth against the british...they were near invincible in close quarters ...but having no artillery of their own..they too often charged staright into a discplined line of british gunfire...or were picked off in groups by british artillery....yudh changes and evolves...arts and tactics from old become obsolete over time...and armies need to adopt different tactics and equipment..

Actually ive always wondered how the fauj of akaal purkh will adapt to modern warfare...or have we just become a army of the past?..and have no intention of entering warfare ever again?...at the end of the day we are a fauj...

Don't you think that the true weapons of today are blogs, Twitter and Facebook - they are a bit like an unmanned drone - allowing people such as you (and me!) to launch attacks without leaving the comfort of our homes? Why risk getting physically injured.

Don't you think that the true weapons of today are blogs, Twitter and Facebook - they are a bit like an unmanned drone - allowing people such as you (and me!) to launch attacks without leaving the comfort of our homes? Why risk getting physically injured.

Ultimately blogs, twiter and facebook can do so much...if we dont have forces on the ground who are willing to oppose the enemy physically..then we will get no where....the arab spring revolutions were spread via social networking sites and blogs, etc....but it still took thousands to become shaheed before they accomplished their goals....as che guevara states...'The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.'...sacrifice and kurbaani has won revolutions...dont get me wrong without todays social networking sites and the internet in general....our movemnt could not sustain itself...but ultimately sacrifice will get us our freedom....and may i add no revolution has been successful without the assistance of the shastar...as you have seen today in syria..peaceful demonstrations do not work against a tyrannical opressive government