The Best Of British - Croydon To Wimbledon Tram

AnakinSkywalker

LOOK - How lady like, back in the raj, my pops would tell me strories of how civilivsed these Britishers were (OH yes BTW, in another thread they said there was no such word but there is), they looked down on Indians and they gave there seats up even though they had tickets and the whites didn't. They did not like them on the whole but they had manners.

LOOK - How lady like, back in the raj, my pops would tell me strories of how civilivsed these Britishers were (OH yes BTW, in another thread they said there was no such word but there is), they looked down on Indians and they gave there seats up even though they had tickets and the whites didn't. They did not like them on the whole but they had manners.

You're communicating with others in the English language Gurdsingh. As such, we'd expect you to know English rather better than the Hinglish Pinglish of the Indian sub-continent. Those who speak English know that the word for a person belong to Britain is a 'Briton'...or if there's more than one of them ; 'Britons'. During the Raj, Indians that didn't have a proper grasp of the English language and its laws of grammar referred to the Britons as 'britishers'. So you see its a word coined and only used by Indians in India. That makes it a Hindi or Tamil word or something but it certainly ain't English. But their excuse was that they lived in another continent and had a poor grasp of English. Whats your excuse ?