Mma (Mixed Martial Arts)

Guest MMASingh

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...

vjkk vjkf paji,

I have trained in a few martial arts: muay thai, wrestling and BJJ so I guess you could call this MMA. George St.Pierre a UFC champion has commented that he trains with the best of the best (best boxers, wrestlers and BBJ fighters) and then closer to his fight trains in bringing these 3 together.

http://www.simplyshredded.com/georges-st-pierres-workout.html

I thoroughly enjoy all 3 of these arts and find that I feel more confident that wherever I end up in a fight I have a skill set that can help.

In reality though I think, as with anything, alot will come down to the individual and how much discipline and dedication you put in to these.

• 3 weeks later...

are there any decent MMA clubs in the west midlands coventry/birmingham/leamington/nuneaton areas?

i wish all cities gurdwaras set up MMA training schools

vjkk vjkf paji,

I have trained in a few martial arts: muay thai, wrestling and BJJ so I guess you could call this MMA. George St.Pierre a UFC champion has commented that he trains with the best of the best (best boxers, wrestlers and BBJ fighters) and then closer to his fight trains in bringing these 3 together.

http://www.simplyshr...es-workout.html

I thoroughly enjoy all 3 of these arts and find that I feel more confident that wherever I end up in a fight I have a skill set that can help.

In reality though I think, as with anything, alot will come down to the individual and how much discipline and dedication you put in to these.

would you recommend BJJ for fitness and self defence? is training with a GI applicable?

• 4 months later...

As someone who has trained in Krav Maga, only for short period due to injury i would recommend it as a pure self defence system, simple and very effective. Although i feel you will get more out of it if you trained in thai boxing first, to perfect striking using all your limbs and this will ensure when you do take up krav, you can strike properly and the journey to become an instructor level, as many Krav systems do not have belts, is alot quicker. Plus alot of the instructors have either learnt thai boxing or do it alonside Krav.

PS i would highly recommend Krav Maga central, if your based in and around the Mdlands.