Help Please - Sikh Sister Wants To Marry Hindu

Guest SinghSoorma

Liberalism and conservatism aside, I think the sister in question needs to have a long, hard look at herself. She seems to have joined the ranks of those females who place the wishes and desires of a man (a potential partner) before her own family and their feelings.

IF the family has given her nothing but love and understanding prior to this incident then she owes - out of common decency - to at least listen to their side of the argument. The fact that the guy openly dislikes her parents should cause alarm bells to ring. If the family are blameless, why would the girl want to associate with a man who dislikes them for no reason than they are not Hindu and therefore not worthy of respect?

Is a man really worth losing your family for? If, however, her family have been like some Panjabi families and considered their daughters to be second-class citizens then I'm not surprised she's confused.

Liberalism and conservatism aside, I think the sister in question needs to have a long, hard look at herself. She seems to have joined the ranks of those females who place the wishes and desires of a man (a potential partner) before her own family and their feelings.

IF the family has given her nothing but love and understanding prior to this incident then she owes - out of common decency - to at least listen to their side of the argument. The fact that the guy openly dislikes her parents should cause alarm bells to ring. If the family are blameless, why would the girl want to associate with a man who dislikes them for no reason than they are not Hindu and therefore not worthy of respect?

Is a man really worth losing your family for? If, however, her family have been like some Panjabi families and considered their daughters to be second-class citizens then I'm not surprised she's confused.

Good subjective response to the issue at hand +1

I will only say this one time.

Do not deviate from topic and do not make things personal. This is a rather sensitive topic, let's not ruin this too.

Next time I see something like that happening, you will be given a warning and put under QC. If you feel the urge to be childish, you can use the PM feature to death.

As I get time I will remove all off topic posts from this thread.

Edit: All off topic posts have been removed.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KopSingh

hey guys im a long time reader, but 1st time poster, and i will say it straight and blunt - anyone that does zabardasti (forceful nature) on sikhs (especialy) our girls should b dealt with by physical force. looking at some of the answers on this forum makes me angry, because this is EXACTLY why r community is in deep sleep and problems. If brahmins r now taking our girls by bullying the parents, then we have hit a new low! @_SinghSoorma_ , my friend if i was you, get the boys ready and do this hindu guy over, he doesnt even respect her mum and dad for gods sake man.

simple, because, this is why other communities are laughing at us. explain to this sikh sister what guru gobind singh has said about sikhs can ONLY marry another sikh, and tell her about "bipran ki reet". if she was my sister, then i would simply tell the hindu, either convert to sikhi at the gurdwara so he can have an anand karaj, or clear off! its as simple as that.

my mum told me a story about here in luton in 1980s after operation bluestar, how the sikhs in this country were FULL of so much josh n jigraa (bravery and passion) that once a sikh shopkeepers daughter had been trapped by some pakistani guy n made her run away from home. the khalistanis (as described by my mum) within 2 hours of hearing this smashed the muslim guys house door in carrying hathhiyar n brought the girl back home. u compare that to nowadays, where our girl does a runner etc n apnay just sit around.

@ KopSingh - I like the spirit of your above post. I certainly agree with many of your sentiments. But....I don't know maybe there's better ways to handle situations like these. Would it not be better to make somebody understand and realise the error of their ways, rather than scare someone into towing the line? But then on the other hand some people are besharam and all they understand is a firm hand. Its a tough situation.

Guest KopSingh

@Kaljugi fateh praava, i dont know if you have an account on youtube, but i was majboor (had no choice) but to create an account due to the number of crap uneducated comments written by hindus/muslims n even sikhs about khalistan/sikhi/our gurus etc. what i have found is that the indian born ppl (of whatever religion) GENUINELY 100% believe that sikhi existed only after april 13th 1699 and our gurus (nanak to tegh bahadur) are hindus?!

i swear on our gurus life, i have NEVER lost an argument, EVER on youtube, because im only interested in smacking sense into fools. so reading this story of one of our sisters with a non-believer, who has obviously fed her RSS or hindutva garbage, ive realised on the internet just like i defeated those brahmin mugs in every argument, the same could be done to this guy who's trapped our sister. But unfortunatly at times like this you HAVE to use force, otherwise, just like the pak males in this country have fed crap to our sisters of how guru nanak is a muslim, the hindus may well start that crap about our gurus being hindu in uk.

hey guys im a long time reader, but 1st time poster, and i will say it straight and blunt - anyone that does zabardasti (forceful nature) on sikhs (especialy) our girls should b dealt with by physical force. looking at some of the answers on this forum makes me angry, because this is EXACTLY why r community is in deep sleep and problems. If brahmins r now taking our girls by bullying the parents, then we have hit a new low! @_SinghSoorma_ , my friend if i was you, get the boys ready and do this hindu guy over, he doesnt even respect her mum and dad for gods sake man.

simple, because, this is why other communities are laughing at us. explain to this sikh sister what guru gobind singh has said about sikhs can ONLY marry another sikh, and tell her about "bipran ki reet". if she was my sister, then i would simply tell the hindu, either convert to sikhi at the gurdwara so he can have an anand karaj, or clear off! its as simple as that.

my mum told me a story about here in luton in 1980s after operation bluestar, how the sikhs in this country were FULL of so much josh n jigraa (bravery and passion) that once a sikh shopkeepers daughter had been trapped by some pakistani guy n made her run away from home. the khalistanis (as described by my mum) within 2 hours of hearing this smashed the muslim guys house door in carrying hathhiyar n brought the girl back home. u compare that to nowadays, where our girl does a runner etc n apnay just sit around.

finally someone who speaks my mind lol...

@Kaljugi fateh praava, i dont know if you have an account on youtube, but i was majboor (had no choice) but to create an account due to the number of crap uneducated comments written by hindus/muslims n even sikhs about khalistan/sikhi/our gurus etc. what i have found is that the indian born ppl (of whatever religion) GENUINELY 100% believe that sikhi existed only after april 13th 1699 and our gurus (nanak to tegh bahadur) are hindus?!

i swear on our gurus life, i have NEVER lost an argument, EVER on youtube, because im only interested in smacking sense into fools. so reading this story of one of our sisters with a non believer, who has obviously fed her RSS or hindutva garbage, ive realised on the internet just like i defeated those brahmin mugs in every argument, the same could be done to this guy who's trapped our sister. But unfortunatly at times like this you HAVE to use force, otherwise, just like the pak males in this country have fed crap to our sisters of how guru nanak is a muslim, the hindus may well start that crap about our gurus being hindu.

I suppose its like Guru Ji said "When all peaceful means fail, it is right and just to lift the sword [obviously meaning physical force depending on the situation]".

I only wish the police saw the situation in the same way. :biggrin2: