The Mighty Bir Khalsa Warriors

Mehtab Singh

Someone must invite them to the UK, ask them to display Nishan sahib. Advise them against using tube lights (many carcinogenic chemicals inhaled if they are broken) and use sugar-cane/bambo sticks instead, and advise against hitting head with hammer or run over or anything-slow permanent damage ill become apparent when older. everything else is fine.

I cant really see the point myself..pointless circus act. Ok it does take skill and no doubt a lot of practise some of those stunts can easily go wrong. They are hardly warriors though. Stick them in a ring with any amatuer boxer, kickboxer, martial artist and I bet they wouldnt last long.

Would you ever see old school Puratan Singhs doing "circus" acts like this ? No...because it's pointless.. Khalsa train for warfare and uphold of dharam not for enterntaining crowds..

I cant really see the point myself..pointless circus act. Ok it does take skill and no doubt a lot of practise some of those stunts can easily go wrong. They are hardly warriors though. Stick them in a ring with any amatuer boxer, kickboxer, martial artist and I bet they wouldnt last long.

Would you ever see old school Puratan Singhs doing "circus" acts like this ? No...because it's pointless.. Khalsa train for warfare and uphold of dharam not for enterntaining crowds..

Of couse it is pointless to see anything positive by some people but that's life.

It was very good all of it.

Why do a few members here think Sikhs aren't allowed to engage in socailly acceptable and popular cultural practices of the day, they won the contest and were awarded - it showed the Singhs in good light. I'm sure no 100% confident puratan Singhs had a sense of humour and took part in popular cultural practices of the time e.g you see gatka performed in shows in India to this day, Nihangs on horseback with a spear hiittng a target a pace etc.

Okay hesitantly I take on board some comments about it being unprofessional, amateur etc. BUT thats in through western born eyes, I mean that would have been more polished had it been a show like Britains got talent but it was India based, and BTW I think even had that exact performance been on Brtians got talent it would have made it to the finals as it was AWESOME!

Ever heard of Holla Moholla?

I can no longer look at a tube light without a desire to smash it! Things will never be the same again in my house...

LOL. I know, right? @ DalSingh I did the same thing but someone ended up showing me anyways. It was thrilling but the ending was a bit too much with the indian flag being waved.

It was very good all of it.

Why do a few members here think Sikhs aren't allowed to engage in socailly acceptable and popular cultural practices of the day, they won the contest and were awarded - it showed the Singhs in good light. I'm sure no 100% confident puratan Singhs had a sense of humour and took part in popular cultural practices of the time e.g you see gatka performed in shows in India to this day, Nihangs on horseback with a spear hiittng a target a pace etc.

Okay hesitantly I take on board some comments about it being unprofessional, amateur etc. BUT thats in through western born eyes, I mean that would have been more polished had it been a show like Britains got talent but it was India based, and BTW I think even had that exact performance been on Brtians got talent it would have made it to the finals as it was AWESOME!

Ever heard of Holla Moholla?

The boys did very well have clearly got some skills. However, bleeding on TV and slicing yourself up 'for entertainment' is neither cool nor skilled. I like the stunts and liked Bir Khalsa the first time they performed in the talent show... the music and the gatka and the stunts, showing that they had impenetrable bodies and can take pain/punishment was very moving. However, they took it too far this time round... ripping off their clothes like wannabe bollywood actors and then requiring first aid and hospital treatment after their stunts reminds me more of Jackass than it does skilled martial artists. I dont like being negative or knocking fellow Singh brothers when they do something well... however, I think its important to be able to give some honest feedback as well.

WJKK WJKF

I didnt find it good, but portraying violence, and had blood in it, etc. Yes they are brave to do it, but to me I'm thinking children also watch it and in this day and age there is so much violence and wrong toys in the media, children learn from wat they see. They are going to look at this and some will think its ok to hit each other and think it ok...

I'm not knocking them down, but thats my own opnion, i dont want to see Singhs like that on tv, its scary, or maybe i'm a female, maybe Im looking at it from a different point of view. I personally didnt see no art in this, their performance on india's got talent was far better for me, which i enjoyed so much, and made me proud to be Sikh.

The boys did very well have clearly got some skills. However, bleeding on TV and slicing yourself up 'for entertainment' is neither cool nor skilled. I like the stunts and liked Bir Khalsa the first time they performed in the talent show... the music and the gatka and the stunts, showing that they had impenetrable bodies and can take pain/punishment was very moving. However, they took it too far this time round... ripping off their clothes like wannabe bollywood actors and then requiring first aid and hospital treatment after their stunts reminds me more of Jackass than it does skilled martial artists. I dont like being negative or knocking fellow Singh brothers when they do something well... however, I think its important to be able to give some honest feedback as well.

The Bir Khalsa group did not bleed for entertainment. These Singhs have done other events where there was no broadcasting going on and performed their skills. They are also training young Sikhs in Gatka. Their perfomances are waking up the sleeping bunch. They keep the Sikhi Saroop from head to toe. They took it upon themselves to wake up the sleeping Sikhs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64HhJm4yuV8&feature=related