University And Weirdos

Guest GuptKaur

Attachment is a vice and gurbani says the household is the darkest hell, family is usually our greatest darkest attachment hence staying out could prove beneficial.
That flies directly in the face of basic Sikh principles. Don't take my word for it, here is Dhan Dhan Bhai Gurdas Sahib Jee

pMCIAn mY hMs imRg rwjn mY swrdUl

rwgn mY isrIrwgu pwrs pKwn hY ]

igAWnn mY igAwnu Aru iDAwnn mY iDAwn gur

skl Drm mY igRhsqu pRDwn hY ]376]

Bhai Sahib Jee clearly states that of all spiritual paths that exist, the path of householder is the greatest.

In the manner that money is not hell, it is how use it. Use it for un-sikh things and it becomes hell. Use it for betterment of society and it is a great boon. In the same way household itself is not hell either, use it as sangat then it can be sachkhand even.

Yes detachment is easy, one who stays in Naam i.e the All pervading balanced gyan of truth is detaching from the khel- Gurbani stresses the importance and priceless nature of Naam on just about every page for a reason..

Perhaps being detached is easy for you, then I bow my head to you. For the remaining 99% of the world, it is extremely tough.

-GuptKaur_ fitting in with uni is hard if your out your comfort zone.But come on this is the real world we have to adjust. We meet people like that. Put your self and beliefs across and ask them any questions and answer them. It's your flat as much as theres. So pleae don't avoid them uni is the time to make friends fror live esp. if similar fiels you'd be mazed how much work you can swing and just watch you quartely bonus!

Look you get up for amritvela and they fet in fron clubbing come end of year they will envy your commitement.

P.S don't let them take advantage of you and if its to much ask the uni to allow you to move halls provide evidence. Hopefully next year live with same like minded amritdhari / sikh friends.

pm if you want xtra advice, where are you studying my family deal in renting student houses are you mids based?

^^ Calm down please, it seems you gals are reading into truthteller's post too much. It's just a play of words, no one is calling women objects.

Nope. We didn't read into it too much. Referring to us as "goods" just stuck out a bit. At least he knows to be more careful next time.

I am calm. Was just disagreeing with something another poster had said, didn't realise it would portray me as less calm.

I appreciate you asking nicely though.

That flies directly in the face of basic Sikh principles. Don't take my word for it, here is Dhan Dhan Bhai Gurdas Sahib Jee

pMCIAn mY hMs imRg rwjn mY swrdUl

rwgn mY isrIrwgu pwrs pKwn hY ]

igAWnn mY igAwnu Aru iDAwnn mY iDAwn gur

skl Drm mY igRhsqu pRDwn hY ]376]

Bhai Sahib Jee clearly states that of all spiritual paths that exist, the path of householder is the greatest.

In the manner that money is not hell, it is how use it. Use it for un-sikh things and it becomes hell. Use it for betterment of society and it is a great boon. In the same way household itself is not hell either, use it as sangat then it can be sachkhand even.

Yes we can treat our family as sangat, and we can go further and treat the entire creation as sangat. Some of our family members may not be willing to treat us as sangat and may be into manmat activities, their attachment to us can be very great and dark- but regardless of their karam, we detach, recognising that all is just Him- the imagery is false- our family members and the entire creation and beyond is Simply One. It is once we detach(opposite of attachment is obv. detachment)- that our psychology is shifted out of that of kalyug and into truth.

Perhaps being detached is easy for you, then I bow my head to you. For the remaining 99% of the world, it is extremely tough.

Naam is God himself- remaining in it, we become detached. We can go deeper into it, hence becoming even more detached. It is simple, the tests are difficult but difficulty is just maya. Pleasure and pain are maya.

Nope. We didn't read into it too much. Referring to us as "goods" just stuck out a bit. At least he knows to be more careful next time.

I am calm. Was just disagreeing with something another poster had said, didn't realise it would portray me as less calm.

I appreciate you asking nicely though.

I read it just as it is written, there is no indication of calling women as "goods". Instead he was providing some valuable advise. It's true guys don't want girls that have been with other guys. In today's world many have the view to be rowdy when your young and then play the card i made mistakes when i was young and i moved past them. Seriously guys could careless that a girl moved past it because when it was taking place the girl knew full and well that it was wrong. And if girls don't want guys that have been with other girls then thats perfect.

Guest GuptKaur

I wouldnt advise Sikh females to live out it lessens your chances of finding suitable match for marriage as we all know the temptations out there when you dont have family to influence your behaviour your free to engage with all manor of vices thus no decent guy will want tainted goods for a long term partner short term tainted goods are everywhere. And a guy will get with you telling you he wants marriage but his real intentions are often very different if you have not kept your virginity.

Lol, a person (man or female) needs to go out and live in the real world themselves; they can't forever rely on their family to control them. If the only thing stopping me from sleeping with someone is the influence of my family, then I have a few problems and shouldn't be amritdhari. Not everyone is so easily tempted- I've not been tempted at all since being here for 3 months, in fact I've been blessed with amrit in those months. A Singhni would probably not do those things you're talking about. And if we are to go with what you're saying, then surely the same thing applies to boys who live out.

-But, the point is, not everyone is so bursting with kaam that they'll get tempted living out at university.

"Bhai Sahib Jee clearly states that of all spiritual paths that exist, the path of householder is the greatest."

You can treat your family as sangat but it is not always guaranteed they will treat you like sangat back. Your family could be really attached to you, but even living in that darkness proves beneficial to the bhagat because out of the greatest darkness can come the brightest light- the sukh comes from the dukh(darkness).

As said above, it can make for an incredibly strong bhagat.

I wouldnt advise Sikh females to live out it lessens your chances of finding suitable match for marriage as we all know the temptations out there when you dont have family to influence your behaviour your free to engage with all manor of vices thus no decent guy will want tainted goods for a long term partner short term tainted goods are everywhere. And a guy will get with you telling you he wants marriage but his real intentions are often very different if you have not kept your virginity.

Sorry my bad, he wrote Tainted goods which is just as bad.

As Gupt Kaur reiterated, women should not be referred to as 'Goods'. We are not here to please and appeal to men, we are here Only to please God.

Ganika had been a prostitute and gurbani says that she was set free- was she also Tainted Goods? Would you really risk calling a female Brahmgyani that?