Does Hair Make Someone A Sikh ? If Hair Is Important Why Not Mentioned In Sggs

Guest sardar to monah

As for your derogatory thinking towards Khanday Batay Da Amrit, just to clarify, by taking Khanday Batay Da Amrit one gives their head to the Guru. Everything is the Guru's. There is no paradox here between Naam Simran and Amrit, maybe if you have a legitimate/nonmalicious question, then ask it in a more clear manner.

I think it would be an insult to God if I foresake his blessing ( intelligence ) and believe in that story . Your story contradicts with sikhi principles .SGGS says god is formless . Soul does not have any form . so how can it have hair on its head and besides , you are quoting those shabads out of context . rom rom main base murar means god is all pervading . guru has taken example of rom because hair is shortest . then by your own logic we shouldn't cut our nail either . because if murari lives in rom rom , he sure lives in nails as well .and no one , I have not yet see anyone who washes sri Guru GranthSahib ji with his hair .there is no record of sikhs washing feet of guru with their hair . again that baani is metaphor of humility .

no Why should you cut your hair if God is WIthin?

Sikhs do not cut their hair so why do they cut their nails. Sikhs only cut the dead gray part of their nails, not the alive pink/red part. This is similar to combing and removing dead hair while retaining live hair. Just like we do not cut the pink/red part of our nails, why should we cut our perfectly live and healthy hair? If anything dead grey part of nails should be compared to dandruff or dead hair removed while combing.

http://www.searchsikhism.com/taru.html

Logic?

Surely religion and faith defy logic? If you don't feel "it" then you don't. When the times comes - if the time comes - for a person to learn the Truth that moment WILL occur.

If this is a bit too wishy-washy for the logical and scientific amongst us then I apologise for not providing firm evidence. Sorry for digressing from the topic at hand.

Kabir says bhaave lambe kesh kar , bhave ghaghar mundae meaning either keep your hair long or shave it all off . Kabir is saying real amrit is rabb da naam and not khande di paahul .

If khande di paahul was amrit then those bhagts in SGGS never took amrit , you getting my point?

Sunnat was not intended by Allah . It is not mentioned in quran .but muslims do it only for ritual because only some controversial hadiths mentioned it.

Same way kes are no where mentioned in SGGS . some pracharak says rabb di diti surat bhane , se <banned word filter activated> beiman but i did not found it anywhere .

so keeping hair is not important for non-khalsa . a person can be a true gursikh even if he doesnot keep hair .KINDLY DISCUSS

seriously, are you retarded?... did you have special help when you was in school?

Point 1: Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj is for humanity hence the message within is truely universal.... SIkh rehat does not just come from Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj. Learn the basics before writing such things.

Point 2: It is well documented that Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj gave Bhai Mardana Sahib 2 hukams, firstly to keep kesh, secondly to awake at amritvela. A true Sikh will follow the Hukam of their Satguru, so for someone to say that a true gursikh doesnt have to keep kesh is utter <banned word filter activated> from an unbalanced mind.

Point 3:Bhagat Kabeer Ji DID NOT say that khande di pahul is "not real amrit"... you have totally misunderstood gurbani.

if you are a genuine learner, and truely wish to understand Gurbani Sahib, you must jaap naam, by jaaping naam you will earn good fortune to meet good sangat and understand Gurbani Sahib.... and from good sangat and Gurbani sahib you will learn the basics of Gursikhi at minimum.

so keeping hair is not important for non-khalsa . a person can be a true gursikh even if he doesnot keep hair .KINDLY DISCUSS

Here is the answer to your question in steps.

1. In Sri Mool Mantar Sahib the universe is told Sri Waheguru Ji Maharaj is met through Guru Sahib Grace. Guru Sahib is defined as All the 10 Gurus instructions and including Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj instructions.

2. The ten Gurus and Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj only give their grace to those that follow their instructions.

3. Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj describes to the reader that following Guru Sahib Hukam is key to becoming a Gursikh.

4. Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj only calls those people, Gursikhs who follow ALL of the Guru's Hukams.

5. Sri Guru Gobind SIngh Sahib ji Maharaj has given the Hukam to keep the hair uncut.

6. People that cut hair are not following Guru Sahib's Hukam.

7. Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj says those that don't follow Guru Sahib Hukam are acting without the Guru.

8. Cutting hair is acting against Guru Sahib's Hukam, Therefore Sikhs that cut hair are not Gursikhs and are acting against the Gurus.

If you disagree with the above then say which point you disagree with and why?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj tells us NOT TO ARGUE WITH Moorakhs. You will never win the argument!! My request to all please leave sardar to monah to find his own way in life. Anyone who questions his own existence has a lot to learn.

I think these people come on these forums to put doubts into the minds of others so just don't bother replying to this nonsense anymore!!!

no Why should you cut your hair if God is WIthin?

Sikhs do not cut their hair so why do they cut their nails. Sikhs only cut the dead gray part of their nails, not the alive pink/red part. This is similar to combing and removing dead hair while retaining live hair. Just like we do not cut the pink/red part of our nails, why should we cut our perfectly live and healthy hair? If anything dead grey part of nails should be compared to dandruff or dead hair removed while combing.

http://www.searchsikhism.com/taru.html

All hair above the skin is also dead scientifically. It will hurt if you pull it as you are pulling the roots under the skin, if you have long hair try folding it near the base and then pull - does it hurt answer is NO. Also those who say hair stands on end on our arms if scared or cold thats just the muscles contracting under the skin. Hair above skin is dead. Cut any hair above the skin it will never hurt.

Nails grown beyond the finget tip.don't hurt as they are dead. Try cutting nails from the base or half way through, it's alive and HURTS!!!!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj tells us NOT TO ARGUE WITH Moorakhs. You will never win the argument!! My request to all please leave sardar to monah to find his own way in life. Anyone who questions his own existence has a lot to learn.

I think these people come on these forums to put doubts into the minds of others so just don't bother replying to this nonsense anymore!!!

Its not about arguing with moorakhs its about having a conversation, some of us have not been lucky enough to been raised Sikh. WE WANT to learn, and learn with things that make sense. NO hocus pocus ritual stuff. I know a lot of people my age 30+ have no interst in faith I want to learn, so if someone llike me posses a question is not nice to make the person feel small and say don't talk to ignorant people. Atleaset back yourself up.

Its not about arguing with moorakhs its about having a conversation, some of us have not been lucky enough to been raised Sikh. WE WANT to learn, and learn with things that make sense. NO hocus pocus ritual stuff. I know a lot of people my age 30+ have no interst in faith I want to learn, so if someone llike me posses a question is not nice to make the person feel small and say don't talk to ignorant people. Atleaset back yourself up.

How is a person wanting to learn, when the person comes in with the attitude of calling Sikhi practices hocus pocus ritual stuff? This shows the person is arrogant and anything you say to them will be disrespected. The disrespect has already started and they proved to others they are small minded.