What'S Wrong With Badal?

singh135

Recent case of SDM Mann(relative of Simranjit Singh Mann) who recently committed suicide by jumping in a river might be the case of higher level of harassment. Higher officials who are not corrupt and do not pay any bribery to get hot posting or to keep their chair usually get harassed by upper level ministers. I strongly felt that Mann did got harassed to the extent level that he jumped in a river.

Also, sticking with thread, my relative at other posting was responsible for arranging viip's staying whenever they drop by in their area. he told me that badal is not vegetarian who eats chicken every night during his stay in govt' rest house. He is fan of a big custom fashioned desert which is ghurr along with other mixed stuff. Badal sr. never keeps money with him and whenever he goes to invited functions such as marriages, he will tell high officials to give their personal money to bride or groom on his behalf; such greedy personality.

Again personal stories and these people make sure that this doesn't get leaked out in paper form.

One thing I will say that I respect about Badal, is that he does come down hard on 'trouble-makers' in Punjab. Sure, there are lots of anti-Sikh activities going on in Punjab which need to be dealt with peacefully. However, revival of militancy will not help Punjab or do anything for Sikhi. It will only cause harm and put Punjab back another 20 years. I honest believe that Badal has got it right on that front... and I suspect that everyone on the forum will jump on me for saying it...

I for one will jump on you. How the likes of Pala Singh are mercilessly tortured in prisons on Badal's instructions is an outright travesty of justice. Pala Singh is/was a simple folk parchaarik, who the public connected with, and who irked SGPC members because they couldn't handle the truth of him exposing SGPC corruption. There was not a thread of any militancy in him whatsoever.

Basically, any Gursikh who meaningfully opposes Badal is picked up, thrown in prison and tortured, because Badal is scared of the awakening of the Khalsa Panth. Satgur Ji will do Mehar and Dushts like Badal will face justice in Lok and Parlok. Khalsa spirit can never be subdued.

I for one will jump on you. How the likes of Pala Singh are mercilessly tortured in prisons on Badal's instructions is an outright travesty of justice. Pala Singh is/was a simple folk parchaarik, who the public connected with, and who irked SGPC members because they couldn't handle the truth of him exposing SGPC corruption. There was not a thread of any militancy in him whatsoever.

Basically, any Gursikh who meaningfully opposes Badal is picked up, thrown in prison and tortured, because Badal is scared of the awakening of the Khalsa Panth. Satgur Ji will do Mehar and Dushts like Badal will face justice in Lok and Parlok. Khalsa spirit can never be subdued.

I knew people would. However, do you honestly believe that reviving the kharkoo movement will do Punjab any good? Going purely by what happened last time, I think not. Please explain to me why think it would.

Who said anything about reviving the Kharkoo movement? Fact is, Badal is denying the very basic of human rights to practising Sikhs. Driven by desperation and lack of justice by the executive, legislative and judicial branches of authority, some people may feel compelled to take justice in their own hands.

But, what do you do when faced by a tyrant, who pretends he is running a democracy?

(a) Sit back and do nothing, whilst continuing to watch the desecration of our history, culture and institutions?

(b) Raise a peaceful and political campaign, but get thrown in prison and tortured as soon as you begin to get politically popular?

( c) Resort to Kharkoo movement?

Some feel, given (a) and (b), they have no resort but to follow ( c). ( c) is not ideal by any stretch of the imagination and I'm not advocating it at all, but, as per Guru Gobind Singh Ji's instructions, when ALL peaceful means have failed, there is a point reached when it is righteous to draw the sword.

Like I said, I have full faith Satgur Ji will do Mehar and Dushts like Badal will face justice in Lok and Parlok.

One thing I will say that I respect about Badal, is that he does come down hard on 'trouble-makers' in Punjab. Sure, there are lots of anti-Sikh activities going on in Punjab which need to be dealt with peacefully. However, revival of militancy will not help Punjab or do anything for Sikhi. It will only cause harm and put Punjab back another 20 years. I honest believe that Badal has got it right on that front... and I suspect that everyone on the forum will jump on me for saying it...

If Badal comes down hard on trouble-makers then why are there human right violations still going on in Punjab and how come Badal is not put in jail for these mass violations? Badal himself let's these human right violations continue. Here is a video that discloses these human right violations, not just against Sikhs, but others as well.

Who said anything about reviving the Kharkoo movement? Fact is, Badal is denying the very basic of human rights to practising Sikhs. Driven by desperation and lack of justice by the executive, legislative and judicial branches of authority, some people may feel compelled to take justice in their own hands.

But, what do you do when faced by a tyrant, who pretends he is running a democracy?

(a) Sit back and do nothing, whilst continuing to watch the desecration of our history, culture and institutions?

(b) Raise a peaceful and political campaign, but get thrown in prison and tortured as soon as you begin to get politically popular?

( c) Resort to Kharkoo movement?

Some feel, given (a) and (b), they have no resort but to follow ( c). ( c) is not ideal by any stretch of the imagination and I'm not advocating it at all, but, as per Guru Gobind Singh Ji's instructions, when ALL peaceful means have failed, there is a point reached when it is righteous to draw the sword.

Like I said, I have full faith Satgur Ji will do Mehar and Dushts like Badal will face justice in Lok and Parlok.

ok

Well personally, I dont think that Badal is is anti-panthic in the way that is being alleged by some. I think that he is in the power game and is playing survivalist politics in the dirty jungle that is Indian politics. He knows that the Sikh vote in Punjab is not big enough to keep the Akalis in power, hence he has to make alliances with the BJP, the dodgey deras and cults, and keep the large number of Hindus and non-Sikhs in Punjab happy at the same time.

Regarding his attitude towards Sikhs, yes he is harsh, corrupt and power hungry, like all other Indian politicians. However, lets face it, we as a Sikh Community are a very difficult community to rule... everybody wants to be a leader and rule over their own piece of turf. Every jathebandi wants to be in charge of the Akal Takhat and have its control over the SGPC, so that its own version of Sikhi can be preached. We are also a very volatile community. We moan alot and we are ready to chop people up at the slightest insult. We have a habit of picking fights that we cant win, which result in more self sabotage that actually having any positive impact.

Anyone who is going to rule over us Sikhs... well good luck to them. They will need to use a mixture of carrot and stick. Form alliances, buy loyalty, make compromises and come down mercilessly on the opposition. We have a rose tinted view of history.... Anyone who thinks that Maharajah Ranjit Singh did not do the same, needs to go back to the history books and actually have a closer look as to how he created his empire and came close to uniting the all the Sikhs (he could not conquer the Sikh territories south of the Sutlej).

I am not saying that Badal is good. However, I think that allegations that he is actively trying to destroy the Panth are far fetched. Some of this comes down to would you be prefer to be ruled by a corrupt Sikh party or a corrupt non-Sikh party? I think Id take the corrupt Sikh party.