What'S Wrong With Badal?

singh135

Just like other classical Indian politician, Badal is no good. The only damaging part that i see by him and his kaka badal is that they control SGPC and using our institutions for their own political gains. However, keep in mind that all SGPC members are elected officials not dictatorially posted. So in the end the blame is not only on him but on our community who elected such people again and again.

Whether it's congress or akali or bjp; they all are same type of people. They don't have any religion; they are willing to sell everything just to get votes.

Again, where are the facts. We need to store news articles, interviews, clips and so on in order to support our claims. Just like it mentioned in above post that "The SGPC is making decisions that are anti-panthic." Now, how can we backup this claim.

Bebe Nanaki's house, under SGPC control, razed to ground within the years 2001-2003

http://news.ukpha.or...-by-custodians/

Rights to broadcasting Gurbani from Harimandar Sahib given to PTC Punjabi (Badal's channel). The agreed terms were never met, 2 Crore 1 Lakh to be taken in the start of the deal, 50 lakh to be taken every year, and a 10% commision to be taken which amounts to 1100 Crore. SGPC allowed PTC Punjabi to have the rights to broadcast but did not ensure that these huge payments were taken.

Raghbir Singh - Former Secretary of the SGPC talking about the misuse of funds and misdeeds being commited by the SGPC.

http://www.sikhsiyas...al-dal-leaders

http://www.sikhsiyas...gh_on_accounts/

Full length documentary made by Panch Pardani about the misdeeds of the SGPC. Greatly recommend watching this, they show a lot of the instances where the SGPC is guilty for misuse of funds.

http://www.sikhsiyas...regime-in-sgpc/

Sorry I didn't post proof beforehand. I'll try to find more if I can.

Whilst, I have no doubts, both badals are scums as you would expect from corrupt politicians....with that being said, i am still not aware what are key allegations/accusations against both senior and junior badal. Like for example, let just say if tom sikhs were given chance to prosecute them in court of law, what are key allegations/accusations that would stick in successful prosecution?? We as sikhs, should make a list of allegations/accusations against them... sort of list of things that could lead to successful prosecution in court of law as part of awareness campaign.??

Badal Senior is complicit in protecting human rights abusers. His govt has been protecting Sumedh Saini, a police officer, from CBI investigations/charges for massive human rights abuses post '84. What does Badal get in return from Sumedh Saini? Sainib being a senior police officer, imprisons and tortures Badal's political opponents.

As per mother of Prof Devinderpal Singh Bhullar, she said that she doesn't want Badal doing Ardas for clemency, because Saini is the one who murdered her husband and responsible for false cases against Prof Bhullar. Yet, Badal has effectively stayed prosecution against Saini in the Punjab courts, despite overwhelming evidence against Saini.

This is but one example. There must be countless others.

Thats great, this is what i m talking about...lets get list of allegations/accusations against them...rough draft and then draft made by international lawyers...spread it media outlets in india and abroad as part of awareness campaign...put them in a hot seat...i have always wondered if sikhs organization abroad can put pressure against likes of kamal nath, tyler, kumar then why can't they do the same against badals?

While I have no doubts, congress will win election this time around in punjab...But this awareness campaign against badals (if done professionally and legally) will ensure long term implications against junior and senior badals.

You only have too look at - Amitabh bachan allegations (true or false god knows), once they were spread in media, he jumped off his seat, deny those allegations and wrote to sri akaal takth sahib. (just shows effectiveness of media)

My original post- Whilst, I have no doubts, both badals are scums as you would expect from corrupt politicians....with that being said, i am still not aware what are key allegations/accusations against both senior and junior badal. Like for example, let just say if tom sikhs were given chance to prosecute them in court of law, what are key allegations/accusations that would stick in successful prosecution?? We as sikhs, should make a list of allegations/accusations against them... sort of list of things that could lead to successful prosecution in court of law as part of awareness campaign.??

On a another note, speaking generally against corrupt politicans in India....i wonder why sikhs are not supporting wikileaks vocally/financially as organization as its most effective organization against curroption (got documents exposing human right abuses, and data of black money of curropt politicians in India in swiss banks)...we should be lobbying wikileaks and assange (those who live in england) instead of wasting money on just say - 1984 events by old seniors (as painful it sounds) ...this day and age...we need to decide-

do you want to raise awareness of human right abuses in india/corrupt politicians standing behind fragmented small organizations (not known in western masses) and hope to may be attract few hundreds to your cause?

OR

do you want raise awareness of human rights abuses in india, corrupt politicans in india standing behind credible organization like wikileaks with maximum impact (as it has already won the hearts of millions of people across globe) ???

I try to see things from western googles..to me, when normal western joe blow/media outlets see small pockets of protest here and there from sikh organizations against GOI, nath, tyler, kumar or may be badals....they all see it as - bunch of tribal self interested groups fighting among each other...hope they get deported or go away..as painful it may sound..this is how normal western people perceive things...!!

We need to rise above from all these fragmented groups/tribal thinking and join group (sikh/non sikh) wikileaks in this case which can provide -exposing human right abuses in punjab/corrupt politicians in punjab with maximum impact to media and masses...!!

l do not think that any legal actions can be taken against Badal. What needs to be done is a list of promises he made and his record of delivering against them, for example:

Release of Sikh political Prisoners

Cases against those Police personnel guilty of human rights violations etc

Then we need a list of when he has betrayed or worked against the interest of the Panth (not people of punjab, but just Sikhs), for example:

Dera's , i.e. Ludihana Kand, Sacha Suda visits etc.

These need to be incorporated into a poster campaign, starting with youtube and facebook (harder for the Badals to control) and then expanding into print media.

Al we need is for someone to take forward who has the media skills to do this, unfortunatley l do not.

HI Just wanted to read the point where Mahrajah Ranjit singh could not conquer south of sutlej? i was under the impression he wanted to keep his kingdom strong and entacted and thus did not venture south ?

He did not venture South, because the Sikh kingdoms placed there did not want to be taken over by him so they voluntarily accepted a British protectorate. Therefore if Ranjit Singh went South and tried to invade those territories, it would be classed as an invasion of British owned soil and a declaration of war. By signing a treaty with the British in 1809, this was made official. The British would not move north, and Ranjit Singh would not move South. Ranjit Singh wisely signed the treaty as he knew that his army was not strong enough to take on the British at that time, otherwise he would have taken over those kingdoms as well.

The point I was trying to make by going back in time to Maharajah Ranjit Singh was that, many people dont realise that he was just as ambitious and power hungry as any other leader... he created his kingdom through a mixture of bribery, violence, diplomacy, invasion, buying loyalty and by placating other communities within Punjab. I was trying to draw parallels in the way that Badal is building his power base today, compared to how Ranjit Singh did it two hundred years ago.

I am curious to know how Badal will be judged 200 years from now, and how he will be lionized by his supporters and cursed by his enemies.