Help For The Homeless Sikhs!

Guest K Kaur

Hi, everyone I recently saw the homeless videos of a number of sikhs and I really felt really sorry for them. As it made me think about how lucky we are to be with our families and have all the resources we need, whilst these men and even women are sleeping in minus degree weather in the streets, dustbins and in derelict buildings. Some of these homeless sikhs rely on drugs to be their food so they won't feel hungry for a certain set of hours. I also felt very sad when I saw a video of an elderly man who was old enough to be my grandfather. The reason I felt upset was due to how we treat our own elders (with respect) and by seeing a number of older sikhs on the streets trying to survive with no money, no clothes, no support from no one, not even gurdwaras it just.makes me more determined to want to do something for these sikhs. I was going to suggest sikh sangat t.v to develop a charitable organisation with the help of their channel and sikhs all over the UK and abroad we can fund this (including myself). With the organisational profits we can shelter these homeless sikhs and arrange deportations for the sikhs that have been longing to go back to India to see their families etc. I just wanted to know what everyone thinks of this, and if you think in the long run it will be a worthy cause. Any opinions much appreciated

Thanks

Sikh Sangat ought to advise how to donate to this worthy cause on their web page. It is very difficult to navigate around the website to find the information then you have to have membership to use the search point. What's the point of that. Not everyone wants the facility to log on with passwords to a website that should be for the public domain, especially to use a website to offer money to the charitable cause that it is publicising !

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Kaur compassion is fine but they need a permanent or long term solution.

Most of all, they need is Sumat (good intellect) to understand what is good for them.

If you ask them whether they would like to go back, many will run away !

So how long can they survive on Charity ?

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Guest Manminder

Hi, I know there is a registered charity already trying to help these people. I think they are called SWAT, Sikh welfare awareness team. Maybe for those that want to help should reach out to this organisation. Search the name on google and you should get to their Facebook page.

Thanks