Bbc Asain Network - Having A Go At Sikhs

Hammertime007

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/console/b018586x

The show was meant to be all places of worship, instead it was mainly bout Gurdwaras

Some people were our so called own. shameful if they have issues they shouldnt air them shows and stations which are against us.

SO CALLED ASAIN NETWORK = BORING BROADCASTING CASTING CORPARATION

Singho there is a disconnect between the Sikh community and the Gurdwaras committees. Majority of the complaints in the show were just people having a go at Amritdharis. These cowards are just wanting to destroy Amritdharis names, but don't let these fools over shadow the problems taking place at Gurdwaras. And these problems exist at Gurdwaras where the committee are not accepting the Hukams of Sri Akal Takht Sahib. The Gurdwaras that do accept the Hukams have youth involved in helping out. If more want to get involved then they can ask the committee how they can get involved. But soon as you ask the committee of those Gurdwaras that don't follow Sri Akal Takht Sahib Hukams, they turn you away because you got a dastar on and wearing the 5 Kakkar.

These Gurdwaras need to be dealt with

Group of sikh lawyers should team up and create non profit entity and then send these ppl notices after notices.. Like in India, ppl say kacheriya deh chakar Vich fasa davo... It shouldnt take efforts of more than 3 or four lawyers.. This is the same way how American organization such as Sikh coalition responds to such bigotry tv channels, programs or discrimination cases.

That Manpreet girl should 1st go to all the Ramgharia Ravidas Gurdwaras and tell them to remove the ban on non Tharkhans and ''Ravidasis'''.I may be knocked for saying this but the Tharkhans not the Gursikhs from the Ramgharia background - the Tharkhans may I say again are the most hateful and restricted people in the qoum in terms of hate for Khalistan and Panjabis they see everyone else as low or a a pendoo apart from themselves not only this they worship Vishkarama and also other stuff totally anti sikh ,I predict in the next 10 years the Majority of Ramgharia ''''Temples''' as they call them will shut down and rightly so I myself have been turned away from my local Ramgharia Gurdwara for not being a Tharkhan they go prove your grandad was a tharkhan and so on

I think it would be a good idea if we all started complaining officially using set down complaints procedures.

The same complaint should be made to both of these organisations - lets fill up their mail bags with new and older concerns.

I can tell you this for nothing once the complaint stats start going through the roof it wont be worth their while to keep defending such clumsy and arrogant shows.

BBC Complaints

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints

OFCOM

http://consumers.ofc...cific-programme

have you all even listened to the programme? it was not "having a go" at sikhs it was a general and legitimate discusion of governance of gurdwaras and other places of worship the background to the debate being the closure/suspension of the daljit singh chicago gurdwara

in this case the progamme was balanced as some callers like balwinder kaur saund were critical of gurdwara committees - probably too much she should know better to balance it - but others like gurmel singh more positive - even the infamous "jasminder" had at least something positive to say about his gurdwara along with his usual negativity

if people don't like hearing criticism of gurdwara management committees they are better off starting with our own media whether it be the tv channels the punjabi press or even this forum as there is alot more negativity towards management committees by the contributors here than will even be heard on the bbc

I'll listen to this on iPlayer later on. Missed it yesterday.

EDIT: Just finished listening to it. Well its a bit of a mixed bag.

Some of the contributors on the phone lines had genuine concerns and wanted to air their experiences regarding committees, cliques within the "seva groups" and other issues. I was nodding my head at some of the cases I heard where those involved in the running of a Gurughar exhibited behaviour that is completely alien to what a place of worship should be about.

Then you've got the folk who don't get on with orthodox-Sikhi (*cough* Jasminder *cough*) who used the show as a platform to highlight their own experiences, and proceeded to give the impression that amritdhari Sikhs were intolerant, ignorant and prejudiced against sehajdharis. Oh yes, he also added the nugget that Gurughars should stop talking about 1984 and the Gurudwara stage should not be used to educate our youngsters about this horrible era of Sikh history

Fair play to Nihal for defending amritdharis when Jasminder began one of his rambling diatribes against amritdhari youth in Gurughars and Gursikhs in general. From what I remember Nihal replied that it wasn't the Gursikhs fault that Jasminder wasn't following orthodox Sikhi, and that maybe his problems were closer to home.

It was a fairly balanced program on reflection but I must say some Sikhs really haven't got a clue when it comes to opening their mouths and when to keep them firmly closed. The phrase "pooing on your own doorstep" comes to mind, I'll leave it at that.

That Manpreet girl should 1st go to all the Ramgharia Ravidas Gurdwaras and tell them to remove the ban on non Tharkhans and ''Ravidasis'''.I may be knocked for saying this but the Tharkhans not the Gursikhs from the Ramgharia background - the Tharkhans may I say again are the most hateful and restricted people in the qoum in terms of hate for Khalistan and Panjabis they see everyone else as low or a a pendoo apart from themselves not only this they worship Vishkarama and also other stuff totally anti sikh ,I predict in the next 10 years the Majority of Ramgharia ''''Temples''' as they call them will shut down and rightly so I myself have been turned away from my local Ramgharia Gurdwara for not being a Tharkhan they go prove your grandad was a tharkhan and so on

A couple points of concern need to be corrected here.

That Manpreet girl was right in what she says but Im a little concerned why you would go into a Ramgharia gurdwara that worships viskarama? Then come on here to complain? Surely it was good enough for you to step foot inside in the first place.

Also as you said most tharkhans are against khalistan, so what? They make up part of the community as well and are entitled to their opinion. If it does not fit in with your views dont attack them as im sure there are many others who do not agree with this khalistan nonsense like you do. I mean take a look at punjab now and you find many non-sikhs who would not want the land taken from under their feet.

Also lastly what on earth is a Ramgharia Ravidas Gurdwara? Are you not mixing the two?

Anyway ravidasi is a different religion to sikh, so what makes you think you can march in giving the shots? Its there religion so leave them to it.

you going to march into the Vatican next and start laying down the law? lol