Bbc Asain Network - Having A Go At Sikhs

Hammertime007

A couple points of concern need to be corrected here.

That Manpreet girl was right in what she says but Im a little concerned why you would go into a Ramgharia gurdwara that worships viskarama? Then come on here to complain? Surely it was good enough for you to step foot inside in the first place.

Also as you said most tharkhans are against khalistan, so what? They make up part of the community as well and are entitled to their opinion. If it does not fit in with your views dont attack them as im sure there are many others who do not agree with this khalistan nonsense like you do. I mean take a look at punjab now and you find many non-sikhs who would not want the land taken from under their feet.

Also lastly what on earth is a Ramgharia Ravidas Gurdwara? Are you not mixing the two?

Anyway ravidasi is a different religion to sikh, so what makes you think you can march in giving the shots? Its there religion so leave them to it.

you going to march into the Vatican next and start laying down the law? lol

@sweetshera

You have made a few points that I feel I would like to address.  

First of all the cast issue needs to be condemned regardless which camp you have been born into.  The Ramgharia community need to remove the the boards from the Gurughars if any form of unity is to formed amongst the Sikh community.   Unless they are direct decendents of Jassa Singh Ramgharia they have no place associating themselves  with the Ramgharia label.  This was Jassa Singhs family name and not one to highjacked by a group who have nothing in common apart from so called professions they identify themselves by.  I do not call my self a Nalwa Sikh because of our families professional similarities.  These boards are an insult to Sikh Faith and must go!  Thankfully this a practice which has not caught on in Gurdwaras in Punjab.

You have also referred to Khalistan as 'nonsense' and this is an insult to the very Ardas we partake in our daily lives.   Any Sikh who does not agree with Khalsa Raj is not a Sikh.  This is not questionable and the only debates or opinions on this matter should be of how we can achieve Khalistan.

The Ravidas issue is somewhat complex because I sympathise with the oppression they have faced but they cannot be identified as a different religion as long as they house the Guru Granth Sahib in the Gurughar.   My problem is when certain groups decide to pick and choose the Bani they wish to adopt.

The time is nearing for these labels to be discarded and decisions need to be made in relation to who we are.

Are we Sikhs or are we men and women of Labels?

Can Sikh and Khasa be seperated?

You need to do some serious research and listen to the words next time you partake in Ardas!

Khalistan was declared by Sri Akal Takht and the Panth so THINK before you call it

Nonsense or go convert and become a Hindustani ,all UK Ramgharia Gurdwaras are pro congress and anti Khalistan fact all

Of them will naturally close down in the next 10 years as their youth don't have a clue apart from drinking and talking about Kenya I went there as my Guru Granth Sahib was parkash there I'm not mixing the ravidas and ramgharia 'temples' they both have the same policy. Ravidasia is a cult not a religion or sect now before telling me to study law why don't you get some common sense in your head