Bhagvat Geeta Banned In Russia

JasSinghKhalsa

http://timesofindia....ow/11143014.cms

I am posting this news over here as an awareness news pertaining a religion/practise for which the Sikh religion/Gurus have fought for and also in general; free democratic religious views/practise of a community, no need of any negative/positive comments please.

Mods - Please Lock / Delete the post if you feel not appropriate as per Forum guidelines.

http://timesofindia....ow/11143014.cms

I am posting this news over here as an awareness news pertaining a religion/practise for which the Sikh religion/Gurus have fought for and also in general; free democratic religious views/practise of a community, no need of any negative/positive comments please.

Mods - Please Lock / Delete the post if you feel not appropriate as per Forum guidelines.

alot of native russians have become hare krishnas and are a part of the ISKON movement...im curious to see how this will go down...regardless of the recent bad history with hindus...i stand by them in this...no scripture should ever be banned..it should be analysed and its word should be discussed..not banned!!...also ive heard in recent years the neo nazis in russia have been gaining very large support and will eventually make it into mainstream russian politics...the sangat should realise they can just as easily ban sri dasam granth sahib ji...as in there eyes it can be classified as extreme with its main theme on war and battle...

I've been following this up on the Indian media channels today and it seems to have hot the nerve of the Hindu ministers in parliament. I've also heard Manmogam Singh is being urged to intervene but I am also aware of the problems Sikhs have been facing in France regarding the Dastar and I also remember that this issue just went over the heads of the mainstream Hindu Parties in India.

No support from me as my brothers and sisters have suffered and no one listened to them in their hour of need.

I know these are harsh words but I'm done with political correctness!

I've been following this up on the Indian media channels today and it seems to have hot the nerve of the Hindu ministers in parliament. I've also heard Manmogam Singh is being urged to intervene but I am also aware of the problems Sikhs have been facing in France regarding the Dastar and I also remember that this issue just went over the heads of the mainstream Hindu Parties in India.

No support from me as my brothers and sisters have suffered and no one listened to them in their hour of need.

I know these are harsh words but I'm done with political correctness!

i suppose you have a point there....

Whilst I agree that no scriptures should be banned the fact of the matter is that the translation has been done by an organisation called ISKCON - International Society for Krishna Consciousness. Earlier this year the Gurdwara in my home town received a letter from these people. They were going to be holding their equivalent of a nagar kirtan (Rath Yatra) and had asked to use the Gurdwara to prepare langar. They basically wanted the Gurdwara to donate to their cause. In the letter they indirectly insulted us by suggesting that our women could dance and do bhangra in front of the Rath for Lord Jagannath. They also sent literature which has been written by their leader and actually appears on Sikhiwiki suggesting that Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji was so overwhelmed with love for Lord Jagannath that he recited the Aarti. The article has other distortions to it.

SO IN THIS CASE THE BANNING OF LITERATURE BY THIS ORGANISATION IS NOT A BAD THING! They distort the truth.