Saka Chamkaur - Dhan Guru Dhan Guru Piarey

Freed

• 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...

ਗੁਰਸਨਹ ਚਿਹ ਕਾਰੇ ਚਿਹਲ ਨਰ ॥ ਕਿ ਦਹ ਲਕ ਬਰਾਯਦ ਬਰੋ ਬੇਖ਼ਬਰ ॥੧੯॥

How could forty famished persons fight in the battlefield, on whom ten lakh soldiers made a sudden attack.19.

ਕਿ ਪੈਮਾਂ ਸ਼ਿਕਨ ਬੇਦਰੰਗ ਆਮਦੰਦ ॥ ਮਿਯਾਂ ਤੇਗ਼ੋ ਤੀਰੋ ਤੁਫ਼ੰਗ ਆਮਦੰਦ ॥੨੦॥

Your army breaking the oath and in great haste plunged in the battlefield with arrows and guns.20.

ਬ ਲਾਚਾਰਗੀ ਦਰਮਿਯਾਂ ਆਮਦਮ ॥ ਬ ਤਦਬੀਰਿ ਤੀਰੋ ਤੁਫ਼ੰਗ ਆਮਦਮ ॥੨੧॥

For this reason, I had to intervene and had to come fully armed.21.

ਚੁ ਕਾਰ ਅਜ਼ ਹਮਹ ਹੀਲਤੇ ਦਰ ਗੁਜ਼ਸ਼ਤ ॥ ਹਲਾਲ ਅਸਤ ਬੁਰਦਨ ਬ ਸ਼ਮਸ਼ੀਰ ਦਸਤ ॥੨੨॥

When all other methods fail, it is proper to hold the sword in hand.22.

ਬਰੰਗੇ ਮਗਸ ਸਯਾਹਪੋਸ਼ ਆਮਦੰਦ ॥ ਬ ਯਕਬਾਰਗੀ ਦਰ ਖ਼ਰੋਸ਼ ਆਮਦੰਦ ॥੨੬॥

The soldiers of your army, clad in black uniforms, rushed like flies on my men.26.

ਹਰ ਆਂ ਕਸ ਜ਼ਿ ਦੀਵਾਰ ਆਮਦ ਬਿਰੂੰ ॥ ਬਖ਼ੁਰਦਨ ਯਕੇ ਤੀਰ ਸ਼ੁਦ ਗ਼ਰਕਿ ਖ਼ੂੰ ॥੨੭॥

Whosoever from them came near the wall of the fort, with one arrow he wos drenched in his won blood.27.

ਕਿ ਬੇਰੂੰ ਨਯਾਮਦ ਕਸੇ ਜ਼ਾਂ ਦਿਵਾਰ ॥ ਨ ਖ਼ੁਰਦੰਦ ਤੀਰੋ ਨ ਗਸ਼ਤੰਦ ਖ਼੍ਵਾਰ ॥੨੮॥

None dared to come there near the wall; none faced then the arrows and destruction.28.

ਚੁ ਦੀਸਮ ਕਿ ਨਾਹਰ ਬਿਯਾਮਦ ਬ ਜੰਗ ॥ ਚਸ਼ੀਦਮ ਯਕੇ ਤੀਰਿ ਮਨ ਬੇਦਰੰਗ ॥੨੯॥

When I saw Nahar Khan in the battlefield, he was greeted with one of my arrows.29.

ਹਮ ਆਖ਼ਿਰ ਗੁਰੇਜ਼ਦ ਬਜਾਏ ਮਸਾਫ਼ ॥ ਬਸੇ ਖ਼ਾਨਹ ਖ਼ਰਦੰਦ ਬੇਰੂੰ ਗੁਜ਼ਾਫ਼ ॥੩੦॥

All those boasters who came near the wall, they were dispatched in no time.30.

ਕਿ ਅਫ਼ਗਾਨ ਦੀਗਰ ਬਯਾਮਦ ਬਜੰਗ ॥ ਚੁ ਸੈਲਿ ਰਵਾਂ ਹਮਚੁ ਤੀਰੋ ਤੁਫ਼ੰਗ ॥੩੧॥

Another Afghan, with a bow and arrow came in the battlefield like a flood.31.

ਬਸੇ ਹਮਲਹ ਕਰਦੰਦ ਬ ਮਰਦਾਨਗੀ ॥ ਹਮ ਅਜ਼ ਹੋਸ਼ਗੀ ਹਮ ਜ਼ਿ ਦੀਵਾਨਗੀ ॥੩੨॥

He shot arrows heroically, sometimes in senses and sometimes in madness.32.

ਬਸੇ ਹਮਲਹ ਕਰਦੋ ਬਸੇ ਜ਼ਖ਼ਮ ਖ਼ਰਦ ॥ ਦੋ ਕਸ ਰਾ ਬਜਾਂ ਕਸ਼ਤ ਹਮ ਜਾਂ ਸਪੁਰਦ ॥੩੩॥

He made several attacks and was drenched with last.33.

ਕਿ ਆਂ ਖ਼੍ਵਾਜਹ ਮਰਦੂਦ ਸਾਯਹ ਦੀਵਾਰ ॥ ਨਯਾਮਦ ਬ ਮੈਦਾਂ ਬ ਮਰਦਾਨਹ ਵਾਰ ॥੩੪॥

Khwaja Mardud hid himself behind the wall; he did not enter the field like a brave warrior.34.

ਦਰੇਗ਼ਾ ਅਗਰ ਰੂਇ ਓ ਦੀਦਮੇ ॥ ਬ ਯਕ ਤੀਰ ਲਾਚਾਰ ਬਖ਼ਸ਼ੀਦਮੇ ॥੩੫॥

If I had seen his face once, one of my arrows would have dispatched him to the abode of death.35.

ਹਮ ਆਖ਼ਿਰ ਬਸੇ ਜ਼ਖ਼ਮਿ ਤੀਰੋ ਤੁਫ਼ੰਗ ॥ ਦੋ ਸੂਏ ਬਸੇ ਕੁਸ਼ਤਹ ਸ਼ੁਦ ਬੇਦਰੰਗ ॥੩੬॥

Many warriors wounded with arrows and bullets died in the battle on both the sides.36.

ਬਸੇ ਬਾਰ ਬਾਰੀਦ ਤੀਰੋ ਤੁਫ਼ੰਗ ॥ ਜ਼ਿਮੀ ਗਸ਼ਤ ਹਮ ਚੂੰ ਗੁਲੇ ਲਾਲਹ ਰੰਗ ॥੩੭॥

The darts were showered so violently, that the field became red like popyflowers.37.

ਸਰੋਪਾਇ ਅੰਬੋਹ ਚੰਦਾ ਸ਼ੁਦਹ ॥ ਕਿ ਮੈਦਾਂ ਪੁਰ ਅਜ਼ ਗੂਓ ਚੌਗਾਂ ਸ਼ੁਦਹ ॥੩੮॥

The heads and limbs of the dead were scattered in the field like the balls and sticks in the game of Polo.38.

ਤਰੰਕਾਰਿ ਤੀਰੋ ਤਫੰਗਿ ਕਮਾਂ ॥ ਬਰਾਮਦ ਯਕੇ ਹਾਓ ਹੂ ਅਜ਼ ਜਹਾਂ ॥੩੯॥

When the arrows hissed and bows tinkled, there was a great hue and cry in the world.39.

ਦਿਗਰ ਸ਼ੋਰਸ਼ਿ ਕੈਬਰਿ ਕੀਨਹ ਕੋਸ਼ ॥ ਜ਼ਿ ਮਰਦਾਨਿ ਮਰਦਾਂ ਬਿਰੂੰ ਰਫ਼ਤ ਹੋਸ਼ ॥੪੦॥

There the spears and lances provided a dreadful sound and the warriors lost heir senses.40.

ਹਮ ਆਖ਼ਿਰ ਚਿਹ ਮਰਦੀ ਕੁਨਦ ਕਾਰਜ਼ਾਰ ॥ ਕਿ ਬਰ ਚਿਹਲ ਤਨ ਆਯਦਸ਼ ਬੇ ਸ਼ੁਮਾਰ ॥੪੧॥

How could bravery ultimately withstand in the field, when only forty were surrounded by innumerable warriors?41.

ਨ ਪੇਚੀਦਹ ਮੂਏ ਨ ਰੰਜੀਦਹ ਤਨ ॥ ਕਿ ਬੇਰੂੰ ਖ਼ੁਦ ਆਵੁਰਦ ਦੁਸ਼ਮਨ ਸ਼ਿਕਨ ॥੪੪॥

There was neither any harm nor injury; my Lord, the vanquisher of the enemies, brought me to safety.44.

ਨ ਦਾਨਮ ਕਿ ਈਂ ਮਰਦਿ ਪੈਮਾਂ ਸ਼ਿਕਨ ॥ ਕਿ ਦਉਲਤ ਪਰਸਤ ਅਸਤੋ ਈਂਮਾ ਫ਼ਿਕਨ ॥੪੫॥

I did not know that these oath-breakers were deceitful and flowers of mammon.45.

ਨ ਈਮਾਂ ਪਰਸਤੀ ਨ ਅਉਜ਼ਾਇ ਦੀਂ ॥ ਨ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਸ਼ਨਾਸੀ ਨ ਮੁਹੱਮਦ ਯਕੀਂ ॥੪੬॥

They were neither men of faith, nor true followers of Islam, they did not know the Lord not had faith in the prophet.46.