Gossiping Neighbour

Guest crazy

I have a sikh neignbour lady who seems to be a bit psychotic.She has a son.Her husband lives in Japan.

We live next door.

In my family we sometimes have huge arguments and shout very often .Our apartments are designed in such a way that neighbours know whos shouting in the neighbouring apartment. This neighbour next door can hear all our arguments and she has this nasty habit of gossiping with her nephew, who is older than me, or her servants.She is such a <banned word filter activated> . I used to respect her because she is a sikh and gets up each day at amritvela to pray.But she has turned out to be such a <banned word filter activated> . She makes fun of me in a disgusting way and throws taunts at me and my stormy relations to my relatives .i end up losing my temper . I have thrown the choicest punjabi abuses in front of her window but that doesnt deter her . I am frustrated for words and i have this urge to walk up to her flat and question her regarding her intent . I just stop myself from going out of control because then other neighbours might think that I am crazy and should sent to an asylum.

I am totally out of mind.Also i am in the midst of my applications for Higher studies and this thing is taking a toll on me because after listening to her f---ed gossip in the morning i get depressed.

I try to ignore her , thinking that she is a sikh and sikhs should live in harmony but she is a <banned word filter activated> of the hideous kind.She apparently recovered from total paralysis a few years back and has had a late birth .Because she herself has struggled in life , I expected her to be understanding of others problems.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorries I added a reply to this scenario but i guess it has got stuck in the Moderation phase . My question is what should I do ? Should I take the matters in to my own hands and go to her house and create an ugly situation , just keep tolerating her rubbish or do what ?

Well from what I have seen over life... Is never get taken for advantage and dont walk away because problems won't end they will get worse she will see that your weak and will take this abuse and who knows what else abuse she may bring your way.. She will keep targeting you until you do something about it.. Noone is perfect but if someone is deliberately making your life a misery then you have the right to confront this woman and ask her what problem she has with you.. You need to sit down and work out such conflict and tell her if she keeps abusing you then you will report her to the authorities for harassment... How can you live in such a way when she is constantly on your case you can't so you got to stand up to her woman or man.. I'm sure there are laws against harassment.. tell her to focus upon her own family and don't interfer with yours.. Tell her shall I gossip about what your husband may be doing half across the world? We all have skeletons in our closets but it doesn't mean we should gossip about each other.. Communication is the only way to resolve this not hiding away and not doing anything about it.. She will see this as a weak point and keep on going until she pushes you over the edge make a stand to this woman and say iv had enough and talk about the reasons I stated..

Hope all goes well!

Well from what I have seen over life... Is never get taken for advantage and dont walk away because problems won't end they will get worse she will see that your weak and will take this abuse and who knows what else abuse she may bring your way.. She will keep targeting you until you do something about it.. Noone is perfect but if someone is deliberately making your life a misery then you have the right to confront this woman and ask her what problem she has with you.. You need to sit down and work out such conflict and tell her if she keeps abusing you then you will report her to the authorities for harassment... How can you live in such a way when she is constantly on your case you can't so you got to stand up to her woman or man.. I'm sure there are laws against harassment.. tell her to focus upon her own family and don't interfer with yours.. Tell her shall I gossip about what your husband may be doing half across the world? We all have skeletons in our closets but it doesn't mean we should gossip about each other.. Communication is the only way to resolve this not hiding away and not doing anything about it.. She will see this as a weak point and keep on going until she pushes you over the edge make a stand to this woman and say iv had enough and talk about the reasons I stated..

Hope all goes well!

So Do I march off to her house,the next time I hear her gossiping . I hope other neighbours dont misunderstand me .

My Folks are away for a week and I am living alone .

Don't go in an angry manner speak to her with respect about the issues and if she is not willing to listen then your only option is to call the police and report harassment because what you described it does not sound like the odd gossip it's more like harassment like verbal abuse that's what I would do anyway let in the hands of the law give her a warning...