Gurbani For Wedding Card

HDSH

Most wedding cards contain one or two tuks of Gurbani at the very top, this has become a fashion thing it seems. Giani Thakur Singh Jee said in katha that we should not put Gurbani on wedding cards as the cards are thrown in garbage soon after the fact. I just wanted to highlight this for members as it is a rather small effort we can make.

I have seen some wedding cards where instead of Gurbani they write English translations. This feel like a good way of getting the message of Gurbani across to all guests while maintaining respect toward Gurbani.

Does anyone have any ideas on what tuks (English translations only of course) would suit on a wedding card?

Dhanwaad :)

I would imagine throwing away the English translation of Gurbani to be equally as disrespectful as discarding a card with Gurmukhi words. Surely its the meaning of the words rather than the form in which they are presented which should take importance?

As for your original question, off the top of my head I would say the following might be suitable:

"Ek Onkaar Satgur Parsaad

Satgur Daate Kaaj Rachayah

Apni Mehar Karayi

Dasaa Karaj Aap Savaare

Eh Usdee Vadaiye"

Spelling is off though so you might want to get someone with more knowledge to proof-read it.

I've always ripped off any Gurbani images [ik Ongkaar symbol] and verses to retain.