Does Any Of Our Guru Ji Had Previous Janam?

mirror

so what you think a Gursikh should do so that we can't treat Guru ji as GOD. Any recommendations??

wherever somone has said that guru G n god are not the same, they are mistaken, to say the least!.. obviously, sant bhagat jun soi, and gur parmeswar eko jaan, gur arjun partakh har, means nothing to the person (not u) saying that guru G aint god.. they have no idea bout the jort. but, they are righgt as well. there is only one jort! vaha vaha!

I think in the Bachitra Natak the pankti is

"Jo hau ko parmeshwar uchre narak kunt mein pariho"

I have heard the katha of this from some mahaprusuh and they say that "HAU" mean himself.

If you read whole bachitra Natak and the Panktis before that Guru ji was saying that every messnger of God who came to earth started telling himself as GOD. So this Pankti means that

"WHoever treat himself as GOD will go to HELL"

Becasue in the next Pankti Guru sahib says

"Mo ko daas prabhu ka jano"

SI it means if Guru ji were talking about himself then they could have used

"Jo mo ko parmeshwar ..."

I may be wrong but looks like this way. Because whatever Guru Sahib has said is true and we know that everyone treats them as GOD even all Gursikhs so it doesn't mean that they are going to Hell. Even at Guru Sahib times, their beloved Gurskihs like bhai nand Lal ji always treat them as GOD and i have never heard in any sakhi where Guru ji warned them of Going to Hell if they do so

You are correct! A mahapurak also told me exactly this as well!!!

Then I asked him how was Guru Gobind Singh Ji God?

and he said this: (what Guptunknown posted earlier, which is beautiful)

'The reply was take a mirror and point it at the sun. You will see the light of the one sun in the mirror. Now if you, break the mirror into 1000 pieces you will see the same sun in it's entirety in the 1000's pieces. The light is the same but it is reflected in 1000 pieces.'

The above showed how waheguru manifested himself as Guru Gobind Singh Ji and other gurus, brahmgianis etc. Everything is waheguru really though...

JSinghz, Guru Nanak Sahib Jee are God. The concept of nirgun and sargun is at play here. The other Guru's, as explained earlier 'became' (or converted to if you will) God. As the jot (light if you will) was passed on from the vessel we know as Guru Nanak Sahib Jee to Bhai Lehna Jee who then became Guru Angad Sahib Jee and so on.

Perhaps the following tuks will put you at ease.

Bhai Gurdaas Je

ਸੁਣੀ ਪੁਕਾਰਿ ਦਾਤਾਰ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਗੁਰੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਜਗ ਮਾਹਿ ਪਠਾਇਆ।

God heard the cries of humanity and came as Guru Nanak to the world

Bhatt Keerath Jee

Awip nrwiexu klw Dwir jg mih prvirXau ]

The Lord Himself wielded His Power and entered the world.

inrMkwir Awkwru joiq jg mMfil kirXau ]

The Formless Lord took form, and with His Light He illuminated the realms of the world.

jh kh qh BrpUru sbdu dIpik dIpwXau ]

He is All-pervading everywhere; the Lamp of the Shabad, the Word, has been lit.

ijh isKh sMgRihE qqu hir crx imlwXau ]

Whoever gathers in the essence of the teachings shall be absorbed in the Feet of the Lord.

nwnk kuil inMmlu Avqir´au AMgd lhxy sMig huA ]

Lehnaa, who became Guru Angad, and Guru Amar Daas, have been reincarnated into the pure house of Guru Nanak.

gur Amrdws qwrx qrx jnm jnm pw srix quA ]2]16]

Guru Amar Daas is our Saving Grace, who carries us across; in lifetime after lifetime, I seek the Sanctuary of Your Feet. ||2||16||

In this shabad Guru Amar Das Sahib Jee is called God themselves.

Guru Arjan Sahib Jee

guru prmysru eyko jwxu ]

Know that the Guru and the Transcendent Lord are One.

jo iqsu BwvY so prvwxu ]1] rhwau ]

Whatever pleases Him is acceptable and approved. ||1||Pause||

For a Sikh, Guru Sahib is God. Period.

At a certain point of time, you realize a understanding within yourself.

When I first started becoming A Sikh and doing nitnem etc. My belief system would be that Guru Sahib was a 'prophet, a messenger' etc.or whatever I would

But a few years of dedication of his grace and reciting his verses and meditating. My faith has grown from referring to guru sahib as a prophet which he wasn't but guru nanak devji is God himself.

Not saying I understand anything yet, but I guess over time your belief system with his grace become more clear. and start to treat Guru Sahib as the most powerful of all! (the lord himself)

I guess everyone has their own way of coming to this understanding.

It took me a few years, but now whenever I would think of Guru Nanak Dev ji he is nirankar himself! His light manifesting in the following Guru's was the light of Guru Nanak Devji(the light of God)

and above poster is the correct as well. Simple "For a sikh guru sahib is God, period" - what is more greater then God? nothing. so then what makes you think our Guru is not the greatest?

JSinghz, Guru Nanak Sahib Jee are God. The concept of nirgun and sargun is at play here. The other Guru's, as explained earlier 'became' (or converted to if you will) God. As the jot (light if you will) was passed on from the vessel we know as Guru Nanak Sahib Jee to Bhai Lehna Jee who then became Guru Angad Sahib Jee and so on.

Perhaps the following tuks will put you at ease.

Bhai Gurdaas Je

ਸੁਣੀ ਪੁਕਾਰਿ ਦਾਤਾਰ ਪ੍ਰਭੁ ਗੁਰੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਜਗ ਮਾਹਿ ਪਠਾਇਆ।

God heard the cries of humanity and came as Guru Nanak to the world

Bhatt Keerath JeeIn this shabad Guru Amar Das Sahib Jee is called God themselves.

Guru Arjan Sahib Jee

For a Sikh, Guru Sahib is God. Period.

What you are so incredulously doing is challenging the fundamentals of Sikhism which for your information are as under'

The fundamental belief of Sikhism is that God exists, not merely as an idea or concept, but as a Real Entity, indescribable yet knowable and perceivable to anyone who is prepare to dedicate the time and energy to become perceptive to His persona. The Gurus never spoke about proofs of the existence of God: For them He is too real and obvious to need any logical proof.

Guru Arjan, Nanak V, says, "God is beyond colour and form, yet His presence is clearly visible" (SGGS 74), and again, "Nanak's Lord transcends the world as well as the scriptures of the east and the west, and yet he is clearly manifest"(SGGS 397).

In any case, knowledge of the ultimate Reality is not a matter for reason; it comes by revelation of Himself through "nadir" or grace and by "anubhava" or mystical experience. Says Guru Nanak, "budhi pathi na paiai bahu chaturaiai bhai milai mani bhane" which translates to "He is not accessible through intellect, or through mere scholarship or cleverness at argument; He is met, when He pleases, through devotion" (SGGS 436).

Sikhism as a religion is uncompromisingly monotheistic. The Gurus have described God in numerous ways in their hymns included in the Guru Granth Sahib, but the oneness of the deity is consistently emphasized throughout. Sikhism arose in northern India during the 16th and 17th centuries. Sikhs believe in one, timeless, omnipresent, supreme creator. The opening verse of the Guru Granth Sahib, known as the Mool Mantra signifies this:

Punjabi: ੴ ਸਤਿ ਨਾਮ੝ ਕਰਤਾ ਪ੝ਰਖ੝ ਨਿਰਭਉ ਨਿਰਵੈਰ੝ ਅਕਾਲ ਮੂਰਤਿ ਅਜੂਨੀ ਸੈਭੰ ਗ੝ਰ ਪ੝ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥ Transliteration: Ik ŝaṅkĝr sat nĝm karatĝ purakh nirabha'u niravair akĝl mūrat ajūnī saibhaṝ gur prasĝd. English: One Universal Creator God. The Name Is Truth. Creative Being Personified. No Fear. No Hatred. Image Of The Undying, Beyond Birth, Self-Existent. By Guru's Grace ~

The word "ੴ" is pronounced "Ik ŝaṅkĝr" and is comprised to two parts. The first part is simply: "੧" - This is simply the digit "1" in Gurmukhi signifying the singularity of the Creator. Together the word means: "There is only one Creator God"

It is often said that the 1430 pages of the Sri Guru Granth Sahib are all expansions on the Mool Mantra. Although the Sikhs have many names for God, they all refer to the same supreme being.

The Sikh holy scriptures refer to the One God who pervades the whole of Space and is the creator of all beings in the whole Universe. The following quotation from the SGGS highlights this point:

"Chant, and meditate on
the One God, who permeates and pervades the many beings of the whole Universe
. God created it, and God spreads through it everywhere. Everywhere I look, I see God. The Perfect Lord is perfectly pervading and permeating the water, the land and the sky; there is no place without Him." (

So according to you, how many Gods have you got?

@JSinghnZ

I think you are still not getting the point what everyone is trying to make. Get out the defination of GOD .

You have to realize it. What you are trying to say is like a computer is trying to understand from definations and explanations from internet and gets confused with words/explanation , although from sikhism ,

Why are u treating GOD as single Human being operating all. He is formless but he can take many form.

Even he is inside eveyone. "Man tu jot saroop hai , apna mool pachan".

We are not saying that there are many GODs just like Hindu Mythology says there 33 crorr devi/devtas.

The GOD is one only. IT means his Jyot is one only and that Jyot pervades everywhere.

Bhagat Naamdev ji was seeing that Jyot in Dog an was offering him roti. So what you will say to him.

We can't make you understand you have to realize that.

Even we all are GOD in itself. Its only that we have been covered with maya like kam krodth lobh moh. Once we clear eveything , like Brahamgyani , then there will be no diff between we and GOD. "Nanak Brahamgyani aap parmeshwar".

Just like we mix the glass of water in ocean then we can't differentiate where is that water which we mix. we can't separate it. Same thing happens when mixes with GOD .Like our Guru sahib they one and same. Can't be separated.

IN Nirgun Saroop Jyot is one with no form. But in sargun saroop they are our Guru sahib

So according to you, how many Gods have you got?

I'm not sure where you copy pasted that whole post from, but I have one question for you. Do you not understand the concept of Nirgun and Sargun?

Also, I'm not sure what you are saying but I'm wondering if I suddenly am not able to write coherent English. I never said there were multiple Gods. No Sikh can say that as Gurbani starts from the the number One.

Guru Gobind Singh Jee in Sri Jaap Sahib says

Anyk hYN ] iPr eyk hYN ]

nmsqM ArUpy

nmo srb rUpy

I thought God does not take birth.

http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Ajoonee

The Shabad Guru, (the true Guru, which all the Human Sikh Guru's bowed down to) is God.

It's the world-God paradigm that is explored in many religions.

Yes you are right God does not take Birth.

Mahapurush told us that When Guru Nanak Dev Ji / Guru Gobind Singh ji took birth then their birth was normal like any human being. Its After taking birth that in Split Second GOD's Jyot entered their body. Its all about Jyot not Human Body.