Italy Sikhs

I agree with you bro.

The reason for asking the questions were related to this article:

http://news.outlookindia.com/items.aspx?artid=746400

What I am wondering is why the need for 450 Saroops?

I understand that some of these Saroops are now in the UK.

If you ring a Gurdwara in the UK they will tell you they have no more space to keep Maharaj de Saroop.

I don't know the exact number but....judging from the Italian influence in rural doaba these days I would say it won't be that long before they overtake the UK to be the main centre of Sikhs in Europe. The last 3 or 4 times I've visited our pend back home there's been at least one white Italian wife on holiday there in the village staying with her husband's family.

That's true. Last time I went to India, I noticed many girls have been married off to NRIs from Italy. Another area I've noticed a lot of Punjabi boys moving to is Spain. Within the next 10 years I expect Australia to become a major Sikh center as well. Most of the Sikhs in Australia are still single. Once they marry and bring their wives and parents over and have children you can expect their population to increase many fold. Australia will be another Canada very soon. But the Goras of Australia are very racist and have made it harder for Indian students to enter, but luckily their are already enough Sikhs there. Canada's Sikh population is expected to increase even more because recently they have made it very easy for Indian students to enter. I have many relative who have entered Canada as students in the last 2 years.

With so many Sikhs moving out, what will happen to Punjab in the next 10 years? will it become a Punjab where Sikhs will be a minority?

That's true. Last time I went to India, I noticed many girls have been married off to NRIs from Italy. Another area I've noticed a lot of Punjabi boys moving to is Spain. Within the next 10 years I expect Australia to become a major Sikh center as well. Most of the Sikhs in Australia are still single. Once they marry and bring their wives and parents over and have children you can expect their population to increase many fold. Australia will be another Canada very soon. But the Goras of Australia are very racist and have made it harder for Indian students to enter, but luckily their are already enough Sikhs there. Canada's Sikh population is expected to increase even more because recently they have made it very easy for Indian students to enter. I have many relative who have entered Canada as students in the last 2 years.

With so many Sikhs moving out, what will happen to Punjab in the next 10 years? will it become a Punjab where Sikhs will be a minority?

Sikhs are already a minority in Punjab Johnny boy. Punjab is a lost cause. Thats why we shouldn't tie Sikhi so much to Punjab. Dog poo, by its nature, tends to contaminate those that come into contact with it. The one giant hot steaming pile of dog poo that is Punjab dirties even good things that are associated with it.

The thing about Italy is that it is quite unique when it comes to Sikhs and southern European nations. A decade or so ago we could have been having this same conversation about Greece.....when there were literally up to 50,000 Sikh youths there. However, the thing that sets Italy apart from the Sikh communities in Span, Greece, Portugal and France (not southern European but hardly a thriving anglo-saxon type economy either) is that the Italian Sikhs have laid deep foundations there. The pure reason for this is because they have found there, a near identical copy of rural Punjab. When it comes to the other southern European countries though, one should not underestimate the streetwise knowledge that Sikhs possess. They understand EU Law better than you and most other EU citizens. It works like this : As you know, when a person gets permanent stay in the UK he can't, as we live in an overcrowded space, bring in his beloved mother, father, grandparents, siblings etc. However.....if he can become a citizen of any of the other countries in the EU he is not only entitled to come and live in the UK but he also has a fundamental European Union Law right to bring with him to the UK his parents and dependants from Punjab. This, is the ultimate goal of nearly all the other southern european sikhs.

However, even with this gain in Sikhs from continental europe, there is still, probably, a net loss of Sikhs from the UK each year when you consider the sheer amount that emigrate from the UK to places such as America and Canada. When it comes to influential overseas Sikhs our time is coming to an end. We're a community that is getting smaller, not bigger. The future power is obviously Canada but the Italians and Australians will increasingly have a bigger voice than us Englandians. I mean lets be honest here.....if it wasn't for the mass influx of Afghan Sikhs in the last 15 years nobody in their right mind would still call Southall a Sikh town.