Beadbi Of Guru Granth Sahib

waheguru12345

Guptunknown Ji. What are sirgun and nirgun saroops? I realize that I am wrong. I am deeply sorry

Stay in Chardikala, we all make mistakes. If i come across any Gursikh writing on Sirgun and Nirgun Saroop i'll pass it on to you. Try not to take advice from those that are not learned on the Sirgun and Nirgun Saroop because they will mislead you either intentionally or not knowingly.

No body is feeding SGGS ji. Did you see this happening or it is a product

of your mind only. If you did see tell us where? Guru Arjan dev ji did put cloths

( They are called rumalas) on pothi sahib when he did first parkash.Are you becoming

wiser than Guru sahibans.

And whom did you see worshipping SGGS as idol? No one does that. You need to understand

the meaning of idol before you indulge in this exercise. An idol is an image of a deity.

Sikhs have not made image of sGGS ji.

Reply to our points and do not try to find escape routes.

T

Your English leaves a lot to be desired....

Read my above posts, I've made it clear, I'm not going to repeat it again.

Some take it too far when they address Shri Guru Granth Sahib.

Your English leaves a lot to be desired....

Read my above posts, I've made it clear, I'm not going to repeat it again.

Some take it too far when they address Shri Guru Granth Sahib.

Thanks for pointing out my language flaws.At least you are able to understand it.

But this is not the point of discussion. Point of discussion is about respect towards

SGGS ji being interpreted as idol worship by you.

Sikhs read SGGS ji and SGGS ji prohibits idol worship

and that is the reason they shun it. Moreover idol is physical representation of a

deity. You need to learn definition of idol before labelling sikhs as idol worshippers.

. RSS chief Rajju bhaiya wrote a book * Hum Hindu Hain*, In that he labels sikhs according

respect to sGGS ji as idol worship. Kala afghana repeated portions of that book in his so

called new books. Missionaries follow that and want to put SGGS ji on shelves.

You are telling us same thing in a polished language. Instead of diverting topic by pointing

out my imperfect language , reply to what i wrote.

As mentioned above, if we Sikhs treat SGGS as an idol, feed, cloth, etc etc then that amounts to treating it like an idol.

This shows you have not read Gurbani, but pick and choose which Bani you want to read. Does the way a person treats an idol make it an idol or what the object is make it an idol? Satguru Sri Guru Arjan Dev ji Maharaj did Chaur Sahib di seva over Adi Granth. Hindus did the same over stone idols. By your understanding, since the treatment is the same then both are the same and are idols and Guru Sahib is an hyporcrite. Here is another example of your lack of knowledge. Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj lived a life of a Royal King, he wore a kalgi, had weapons on him, had his own army, his own court. Worldly kings in the same time of Guru Sahib did the same, so by this we can say Guru Sahib is just a worldly king who came and then passed away.

Listen to Bhagat Namdev Ji Maharaj. He has defined for all what an idol is?

eykY pwQr kIjY Bwau ]

eaekai paathhar keejai bhaao ||

One stone is lovingly decorated,

dUjY pwQr DrIAY pwau ]

dhoojai paathhar dhhareeai paao ||

while another stone is walked upon.

jy Ehu dyau q Ehu BI dyvw ]

jae ouhu dhaeo th ouhu bhee dhaevaa ||

If one is a god, then the other must also be a god.

kih nwmdyau hm hir kI syvw ]4]1]

kehi naamadhaeo ham har kee saevaa ||4||1||

Says Naam Dayv, I serve the Lord. ||4||1||

ang 525

ijsu pwhn kau pwqI qorY so pwhn inrjIau ]1]

jis paahan ko paathee thorai so paahan nirajeeo ||1||

That stone idol, for which you tear off those leaves - that stone idol is lifeless. ||1|| ang 479

The Bhagats have made very clear for us that it is not the treatment that makes something an idol, but what the thing is. The stone idol is lifeless even before the treatment. Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj is the living Guru.

I said in my first post this is not something to jump up and down about. We shouldn't turn our back to Guru Maharaj where we can help it.

Interesting how you say 'you believe what you want and i'll believe what i want.' But then you then can't help but go back to the same thing again.

This is an issue of Satkaar and Sharda.

Everyone is at different levels.

Trivial as it may seem to you it may not be so trivial for others. It should be dealt with with pyar. Instead we come on here and get all irritated by others opinions and views.

Reminisce on the past is very important. Including the sakhi of Guru Arjan Dev Ji.

Baba Nand Singh Ji respected Guru Granth Sahib Ji as Jaagdi Jot.

http://babanandsingh.../sggs/index.htm

What is the sangats view of gurbani apps. Some people have downloaded whole of SGGS Ji on mobiles. These mobiles are kept in pockets or handbags. Sometimes left on the floor when charging or next to other objectionable things i.e. desk at work, where other things are round. On the tube its so crowded that your phone containing SGGS Ji is on your person but rubbing onto other people. (Example its in your pocket, you are on the tube and your pocket is touching someone else as it happens on the tube. The person you are next too has a packet of cigarettes which is next to your ,mobile). If the whole bani of SGGS ji is in one place does that constitute a bir of maharaj? wheres the satkar, when do you do the parkash etc. Do you always wash hands, take off shoes? Just because its on a mobile phone should the bani be treated with less respect? How many people carry gutkas in their pockets and put them next to their face and talk into them, imagine if it was done with a saroop of maharaj? Or if the apps not open does it mean it is not there? Not having a go as im just wanting answers as I thought bani is bani regardless of its form, so why are mobile apps accepted, is it not beadbi which is accepted, as no one makes a fuss about these apps.

This topic was about sitting with your back towards Guru Granth Sahib Ji. It is developing into a whole new topic.

You get 1 person saying one thing and then another gets up and tries to be cleverer. Unfortunately these days we want things to fit into a box. But not everything does.

Everything comes down to your sharda and satkaar. This is very personal.

I know people who wouldn't download an App with Guru Granth Sahib Ji onto their phone for the reasons stated above. I also would not as i think it is disrespectful. But i wouldn't jump down your throat for doing it as i do not know enough to do that.

We should look at how our elders did Satkaar and how better Gursikhs than ourselves do. There are some examples in my last posts.

We are looking to our Guru for help/guidance/life. Our Guru does not need us. We will gain from our Guru. Not the other way around. We need our Guru. Not the other way around. If you are a beggar then first realise that, then behave as one.

If you think it is ok to sit with your back or download an app then carry on.

If i were admin i would close this topic. I think the initial point has been exhausted.

Look, you believe what you want and I'll believe what I want. TO me it's made very very clear that Gurbani itself is the word of God. That's the only thing we bow down to in the Gurdwara. Some people put pictures up of 'Gurus' they are not Gurus as nobody on this earth can perceive what they looked like. This again is effigy, idol worshipping. The Christians do this also with the effigy of Jesus Christ on the Cross, Hindus obviously, even the Muslims have pictures of Mohammed Sahib and Twelve Imams which is prohibited.

I've seen people bow to pictures give it toof [incense] and so on. People moan and rant about the most trivial of things, like if somebody has their back the the Guru Granth Sahib Ji, those that make a song and dance should reminisce the stories of the past of what they Gurus did when something similar occurred. Including the Sakhi of Dhan Guru Nanak Nirankar Ji at Makkah.

So once Gurbani is presented in context and proves against manmat, then its you believe what you believe and i believe what i believe. Also just to bring more facts here and to speak on facts, instead on manmat. The Dohra we read in Ardas says Guru Granth is the Guru. The Dohra does not say ONLY Shabad Guru is the Guru.

Can you explain to me how Charn Di Pahul was done by Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaj, when by your understanding Sikhs only bow down to Gurbani.