Did Anyone Got/Know Someone Who Got Some Ruhani Power / Sidhi From Bhagti

scooter

Guest chaplian

Simran is not limited to being seated or still. Whilst I worked I would do around 5 hours. Then at amritvela or in the early morning I do around 3 hours, and later before bed aim for 2 hours. All in all I have spread the concentrated simran throughout the day. But I try to do simran when I am walking, eating and all other things. This is why i have progressed. The siddhis I have not concentrated on and do not desire anymore, but I was able to forecast events of the future without effort. Do not get stuck in these, but just do simran and see for yourselves.

Well, as ridhya sidhya can be inspiration for simran then it can be ok i guess. It worked for me, as I was v interested in powers. Now I am not, and I have progressed so quick. benti to sangat, please put in time for simran. atleast 3 hours minimum.

^^no its not, we get them anyway as we progress in bhagti- the trick is to not be attached to them and recognise Nothing/Truth- what God recognised himself to be, as the highest power.

Yes doing simran from the heart is great, the heart is the seat of God- he is all pervading but truth is found out of true love- accepting all hukam etc.

WJKK WJKF

Somebody said its dangerous to obtain ridhya sidhya and to want power. Isnt that wat we are not suppose to do?

And do simran from your heart instead?

The problem with ridhya and sidha are that they can further strengthen our ego. Like all activities we do we must remain detached and know that God is doing everything regardless of how good or bad the experience may be. The only danger of sidhia are that some of them can give you a huge ego boost especially the ones where you can manipulate future events etc. This can cause an addiction because you start to feel you are something ‘special’. Really your true nature is empty of all ego – ego must be deflated until nothingness remains or until ‘you’ can say ‘he’ only remains. You must disappear, while all attachments including ridhia and sidhia are stopping you from merging into this truth hence they can be dangerous.

Although having these 'powers' but remaining detached from them and from everything else... is real bhagti - The way of the gurmukh/siddha

^^no its not, we get them anyway as we progress in bhagti- the trick is to not be attached to them and recognise Nothing/Truth- what God recognised himself to be, as the highest power.

Yes doing simran from the heart is great, the heart is the seat of God- he is all pervading but truth is found out of true love- accepting all hukam etc.

^ Beautifully said :)

WJKK WJKF

Thank you for explaining that to me, I understand it bit better than before. Its just that somebody i was talking too ages ago, said if u dont do the right paat it could go wrong, eg: some ppl do a certain paat for 40days or something in order to make something or some situation better, and also read on this forum some posters had put on their experiences of a paat u do for certain periods,from a pothi, they had tried, sorry cant remember name now, but its mentioned in my past posts by other posters.

I also noticed and asked a few times why this happens with me, that one day i will be able to do paat, and then th next day my health will deteriorate, or i get very bad dreams from which i deterioate, this happens on some ocassions, so that used to put me off doing it. But still cant understand y it happens.

Nowadays I try not to plan i will be doing this paat on this day, and try as and when i can.

Its gr8 to hear all the experiences, but I see it as if god wants somebody to obtain something or have their wishes fulfilled then it will only happen when they want. Everything is in their hukam.

How many hours a day to reach Super Saiyan?

Seriously?!?! super powers?!?! give me a break... plenty of churches you can go to that have this crap as well. Its a bunch of lies.

Actually, if you believe in Sikhi, then these powers are actually very real. Don't know how much you believe in Sikhi or not, but the powers are real and are obtained by people on a spiritual path. They are mentioned in Gurbani. They include many different abilities. Such as levitation, mind reading, teleportation, having any wish fulfilled to name a few. I have encountered holy beings with these abilities. I know for a fact they exist.

Of course, they are not to be desired.

Actually, if you believe in Sikhi, then these powers are actually very real. Don't know how much you believe in Sikhi or not, but the powers are real and are obtained by people on a spiritual path. They are mentioned in Gurbani. They include many different abilities. Such as levitation, mind reading, teleportation, having any wish fulfilled to name a few. I have encountered holy beings with these abilities. I know for a fact they exist.

Really? It is worrying that some people recite Gurbani only to obtain these "powers". Surely that means Gurbani is being misused in some way?

Are these abilities meant to be kept private? In that case then why are people endowed with these abilities if by using them they are going against Sikhi?

Really? It is worrying that some people recite Gurbani only to obtain these "powers". Surely that means Gurbani is being misused in some way?

Are these abilities meant to be kept private? In that case then why are people endowed with these abilities if by using them they are going against Sikhi?

Yeah it is worrying if people are using gurbani to obtain the siddhis. I never endorsed them. I was just saying that they exist in reply to the poster I replied to. They are meant to be kept private I guess unless you are a saint and use them to put people on the path of holiness.

So you say. I would say punjabi/indian folk history and culture believes magical powers. Part and parcel of indian religious thought is the idea of magical old men getting special powers from their religious practices... hence the need for commoners to respect, feed, donate to them. Lots of the western yogis get them over here in the states as well, right before they get caught sleeping with half of their devotees. A real magic power would be getting a job, feeding the poor, and contributing to society instead of sitting around repeating mantras all day long.

Other people say the same thing about black magic, speaking in tongues, levitation during exorcisms, bigfoot.... but these things can never really seem to be proven. Maybe some of these sants can cure cancer, cure sterility...I guess you can never prove that they cant. Maybe they can give someone an evil eye.... better watch out just in case! Most people know a friend, or have "seen it" but ask someone to show you and they can't. Believing in hocus pocus is not only bad for you its bad for society.