Two Quick Questions

Guest confused

Guest confused

1. Is one able to cut a saropa to use for covering a gutka?

2. Is it okay if I iron my dastar? I know some people fold it in half and iron it, making it look really neat when they tie it.

Why are you asking us if it is okay. If you stop worrying about what to cover the Gutka Sahib with and spend your time reading and absorbing its contents then you will find out for yourself whether or not our Guru is the type of Guru who punishes someone for ironing their Dastaar.

Jeez. They were just asking. No need to be rude!

OP- I used to iron my dastar. I think its ok. But i know some people say its wrong. lol Guess that means my answer is of no help to you. :|

Why are you asking us if it is okay. If you stop worrying about what to cover the Gutka Sahib with and spend your time reading and absorbing its contents then you will find out for yourself whether or not our Guru is the type of Guru who punishes someone for ironing their Dastaar.

Guest confused

:blink2: Nicee, stay classy.

Jeez. They were just asking. No need to be rude!

OP- I used to iron my dastar. I think its ok. But i know some people say its wrong. lol Guess that means my answer is of no help to you. :|

I guess it's like the way some people say that cutting your dastar isn't okay... maybe...

^^No, ironing the dastaar and cutting a saropa to cover a gutka= an eternity in Hell..

Just joking :excited:

Gurfateh jeeo,

I don't believe anyone is infering that either action would lead to hell or would have some great effect on spirituality as such, but that doesn't mean that there isn't simply a 'right' way of doing things.

In regards to question 1, I am not sure, but I think traditionally a siropa should be kept as it is, really its use is for being tied on the head, this is what one of our Guru Sahib's used to do when he recieved any saropa from the Guru before him (I can't remember which Guru Ji's was with).

Second question, no, a dastaar must not be ironed or folded. A dastar should be tied 'chinkay'/'jhurned' (sp)/ gathered together to remove the wrinkles, its explained in this video at 0:30 seconds: