How Can I Stop Myself From Looking At Girls

scooter

Guest control

You may be picking up their thieves(lust)- they could be triggering off your own..

If you control your own lust constantly, their theives can't do anything to you, because everyone and everything outside of you is actually non existant- they're just false images as are you. Within your heart is where God wants you to go so leave all of the lust behind and delve deep within, do bhagti/naam simran.

See the girls as your worldly sisters- they all have false bodies, you have no age, sex, gender or identity,

Look at it this way... They could have been your father, brother or boyfriend in your last life...God does this to show us how false the identity(Ego) and attachment to it is...

You are the formless God and He is you, so cut the nonsense- if you really want him, you'll fight yourself(your 5 thieves) to be with Him..

Bhaji scooter, im not sure if you have any sisters but how would you feel if that was your sister being stared at by some singh across the street or in a bus? Im sure you would not be happy about it would you? Also think of it this way these girls are some ones daughter and i am very sure parents would be fuming if they knew you were looking at their daughter in whatever way you do. Its not nice for any brother, sister, mother or father to see any girl go through that. I have many pretty sisters and yes i have seen guys looking at them and it makes me angry that they look at my sisters like they are objects of beauty, sometimes i feel like a security guard always trying to protect my sisters from guys, but. Guys staring at my sisters (like you do) they feel uncomfortable. So benti to guys who do things like this is to keep your guys to yourself and focus your mind on bani and your sikhi. Instead of wasting precious time looking at girls, do something productive like paath and simran, talk to God about how you feel as he is everywhere and always there when you need him. Well bhaji this was just my two cents and hopefully...maybe you and any other singh will think twice before staring at girls, and if you do not understand what i am saying now, then maybe when your sister gets stared at or when you have your own daughters then maybe you will understand what i meant....bhul chuk maaf karna....

i think you are taking it wrong way. I am not talking about staring at Girls but look for (1sec etc) at Girls. I have never ever made any Girl felt uncomfortable or bad by keep looking at her. I was also talking about looking at even photographs or beautiful girl wallpapers , movies. Like we meet many girls in day to day life in good way.

I just want to ask one simple question if you don't mind. Do you always treat all guys you see as your brothers and never felt attracted?

truly scooter, it comes down to the mind. this janam is very difficult game. controlling the mind is v hard. that is why there are so few saved. but we must strive thru disciplining the mind and our eyes. controlling them as much as possible. looking is fine, its what you think and feel.

This should be inspirational though, pls read it and tell me what you think:

During the times of Sher-e-Panjab, Maharaja Ranjit Singh, the Sikh Raaj (kingdom) stretched from the Sutlej River to Kabul (in Afghanistan). Raja Ranjit Singh's key general was Sardar Hari Singh Nalwa, who was a Rehatvan (strictly observant) Sikh of the Guru.

Once, when Hari Singh Nalwa had set up camp with his army in Jamrud in Afghanistan, a local Muslim woman called 'Bano' had watched the Sikhs set up camp. She found Hari Singh Nalwa very handsome and attractive, and had the thought that the commander of the Sikhs would be a fine man by which to have a child, hopefully a son.

One day, Bano came to see the General who was sitting in his tent. When his guards told him that he had a local woman who wished to see him, not knowing who this lady was or what she wanted, Hari Singh gave permission for her to enter his tent. Bano said, "I have heard of the Sikhs. You are remarkable people. I have been watching you from a distance. I am not married and have no children, but I desire to have a son who is like you."

Hari Singh, not understanding the motivation or intention of Bano said, "May Waheguru bless you that you may have a son with the qualities of a Sikh." Bano irritably said, "No I want to have a son with you Sardar Ji."

Hari Singh Nalwa replied, "O sister! I am already married. I am sorry I cannot marry you or give you what you want."

Bano's eyes welled up with tears of disappointment. About to leave, she said, "I had heard your Guru Nanak was great and that no one leaves empty handed from Guru Nanak's House, but today I am being turned away without the wish of a son being fulfilled."

Hari Singh Nalwa, a true example of a Sikh of the Guru, replied, "It is true that no one goes empty handed from Guru Nanak's House. I cannot give you a son, but if you desire a son who is like me, then instead if you accept, from now on I will be your son, and I will consider you my mother."

Bano was shocked and overwhelmed by Hari Singh Nalwa's sincerity, high moral character and faith in the Guru. She said, "I had heard that Sikhs of the Guru are great honorable people, but today I have witnessed it with my own eyes".

From that day on Hari Singh Nalwa addressed Begum Bano as "Maa" (Mother) and she addressed Hari Singh as "Putar" (Son). ਨਾਨਕ ਸੋਹਾਗਣਿ ਕਾ ਕਿਆ ਚਿਹਨੁ ਹੈ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਸਚੁ ਮੁਖੁ ਉਜਲਾ ਖਸਮੈ ਮਾਹਿ ਸਮਾਇ ॥੧॥ Naanak sohagan kaa ki-aa chihan hai andar sach mukh ujlaa khasmai maahi samaa-ay. ||1|| O Nanak, what is the character of the happy soul-bride? Within her, is Truth; her face is bright and radiant, and she is absorbed in her Lord and Master. ||1|| Guru Granth Sahib Ji 785

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OMG.....I can't believe it....HHIS

<banned word filter activated> would anyone think marriage was the solution...never mind marrying younger

Scooter....go to this post: http://naam-jor.blogspot.com/2008/09/how-to-overcome-lust.html and read the comments especially the one that gives a shabad to read.

FWIW: girls hate guys who stare at them or other girls ...they seem like pervs and useless little velarh mandeer....in cartoon version that would be the guys with the mouth open salivating and staring. totally gross, eh?

IMNSHO......Marriage is not all that great...It's gonna be the Singles who have Sikhi in the future. Cause as soon as ppl get married they become family-focused and only have time and care for their children. Single ppl will have the time and empathy and resources to help ppl outside their familys. they won't be so frazzled and tired with dumb family problems. Single ppl will be the kathavachaks, the lecturers, the committee members, the car pool drivers. The ones who will be able to help elderly, teenagers, and do all the other suggestions in autismmum's post. Basically the ones involved in the community, while the married ppl are busy running after their SNERT brats. The lucky singles will be the one doing parchaar and teaching ur smelly brats while u guys finally have a chance to relax.

Yeah! Single for life!!!!

CNP (thanks mirror)

OMG.....I can't believe it....HHIS

<banned word filter activated> would anyone think marriage was the solution...never mind marrying younger

Scooter....go to this post: http://naam-jor.blog...rcome-lust.html and read the comments especially the one that gives a shabad to read.

FWIW: girls hate guys who stare at them or other girls ...they seem like pervs and useless little velarh mandeer....in cartoon version that would be the guys with the mouth open salivating and staring. totally gross, eh?

IMNSHO......Marriage is not all that great...It's gonna be the Singles who have Sikhi in the future. Cause as soon as ppl get married they become family-focused and only have time and care for their children. Single ppl will have the time and empathy and resources to help ppl outside their familys. they won't be so frazzled and tired with dumb family problems. Single ppl will be the kathavachaks, the lecturers, the committee members, the car pool drivers. The ones who will be able to help elderly, teenagers, and do all the other suggestions in autismmum's post. Basically the ones involved in the community, while the married ppl are busy running after their SNERT brats. The lucky singles will be the one doing parchaar and teaching ur smelly brats while u guys finally have a chance to relax.

Yeah! Single for life!!!!

CNP (thanks mirror)

Oh yeah, I forget, most good parcharaks that have come in the past were all single!

*sarcasm*

Most replies I’ve read all wholly wrong, I think people are (due to lack of knowledge) missing the point, I’ve seen a video where they believed that Guru Gobind singh jee had lust and that the flow of his writings was a sign of young age and hormones.. I mean really, the way I’ve phrased it to a friend is very simple, what gives you the right to give opinion on Divinity, have you reached the Level where you can Merge your 5 elements in to the earth or can take your Soul out and travel the universe, if the answer is no then what does your opinion on spiritually matter.

It’s a shame that people that have been born in to a Sikh family have such little understanding of what Gurbani is, I mean people are so used to talking about religion they actually think their opinions have some meaning and that they have the right to give one.

I’ll put this way to the people that are highly educated, whatever field it maybe, say you were approached by a laymen that had just read few articles on your subject and tried to give a seminar, im sure you would laugh as you would see the flaws.

How then are people on these forums doing any different, all i see is tens of different people with limited knowledge and hardly any practical Jevens, trying give advice on the Punj choor, which baghat kaaber jee admited losing to again and again and again in his past lifes too, so what insight do people here have that he didn’t.

I know that this place is a open forum and anyone is entitled to his/her opinion, buts it’s more detrimental to the person who gets bad advice or advice that he think suites him best, which might not even be correct.

Solution is having Gur Sikhs with practical Jevens who have defeated the Punj Choor and reunited with Vaheguru.

And no I am not one of them

Guest tuhintuhin

do ardas waheguru ji ..............ardas is the solution of every problem....ardas should be simple and straighforward....ask guru ji that I don't want to but I can't stop looking at girls...... I feel guilty ....please help me, and I am stck.. only you can help me ,,,no one else.,.....