Can A Amritdhari Person Wear A Helmet In A School Trip Activity?

Mrkhalsa007

Thanks sangat ji so baisiclly in a school trip you can but its your choice what you want to wear, thanks again fateh!

Actually its not your choice. The people that gave you advice above, first ask them if they are Amritdhari and which rehat they follow. This is no attack on the above posters, but to show you that a person that is not Amritdhari cannot understand what the Punj Pyare told you. If at Amrit Sanchar the Punj Pyare told you never to wear something over your dastar, then that is a rule you must follow. If they did not mention anything, then the safest way to go is not covering the dastar because you don't want to do something against the Rehat Maryada the Punj Pyare gave you. You will regret it after you make the mistake.

I was stuck in the same dilemna you are. I asked a question on this forum about taking a certain vitamin D that is taken from sheep wool and at the end i decided not to take the vitamin D because the doubt of it being wrong (considered to be meat) will always be there and i won't be able to focus in my bhagti. A Gursikh from a different forum helped me out.

Since you have doubt on it being wrong, its best not to do it. Everyone on this forum either follows a different rehat or follow no rehat as they are not Amritdhari. So focus on what the Punj Pyare told you.

Also there is an alternative way to protect your head. Where you don't cover your Dastar. Buy some protective gear that can go underneath your Dastar and then put shastar in your dastar for more support.

Only Five- You are right thanks for the advice :)

but what if you wear a patka to school on that trip?

Again can't answer for what the Punj Pyare told you. When i took Amrit i was told to wear a Dastar and never treat it as a hat. If you tell us which rehat you follow, then more advice can be given to you.

I think that Guru Sahib said not to wear a hat for religious or fashion reasons (something that identifies you religiously, like a muslim's topi). You really think God says "Thou must not protect your head by wearing a helmet?" Come on. Waheguru is all loving and understanding. He knows you are not wearing a helmet to hide your true identity, but just to protect your head from injury. God is not a mean villain that we have made Him to be. He understands intentions. By me wearing a hard hat in a dangerous situation to protect myself from injury, do you really think that God is going to hold this against me?

Really think about this. Lets use common sense and logic, instead of just acting on pure emotion all the time. Quit being so scared all the time about God judging us, and condemning us to hell. Its just not like that. Our minds are living in a fantasy world, and when we really think about these things rationally...its becomes clear.