9Pm 2Moro. First Time Sikh Family Talk About Peado Grooming

Sikh community needs to be proactive so they can get programs going at the gurdwara to bring in sikh girls who don't have a clue about sikhism and suffer low self esteem to help them learn sikhi and history and feel accepted and apart of something

That way we have strong sikh women

hg singh - interesting your views on accountability

all sikhs are accountable to their families to educate their own girls boyz on Sikhism and not to rely on Gurdwaraas- that is the way you will get strong sikh women and men. ONLY.

Gurdwara education comes later - first it's the family's responsibility - I know few muslim people i 've met at work their motto is that the kid has to learn to read the koran by the age of 11 -- How many can each one of us wrting here count on our two hands the number of family members we have who will endeavour for their own kids to know nitnem by the age of 18.. I 've given flexibitliyt here 18 -- but to be honest on my hands i can only count about 2-3 families outside of my family who have endevoured here . Where are stats for this -- this is a must and most important must for every sikh household.

hg singh - interesting your views on accountability

all sikhs are accountable to their families to educate their own girls boyz on Sikhism and not to rely on Gurdwaraas- that is the way you will get strong sikh women and men. ONLY.

Gurdwara education comes later - first it's the family's responsibility - I know few muslim people i 've met at work their motto is that the kid has to learn to read the koran by the age of 11 -- How many can each one of us wrting here count on our two hands the number of family members we have who will endeavour for their own kids to know nitnem by the age of 18.. I 've given flexibitliyt here 18 -- but to be honest on my hands i can only count about 2-3 families outside of my family who have endevoured here . Where are stats for this -- this is a must and most important must for every sikh household.

bit of a silly uneducated post really,

koran is much much smaller than the guru granth sahib, in addition to this they can read it in english, its not exactly mandatory for all young muslims to learn arabic, whereas the earnest on gurbani is to learn punjabi and gurmukhi, all in all its much harder to read guru granth sahib ji than it is for kids to read koran

im sure you would see a massive incread in numbers if every kid were to read guru granth sahib in english, but this clearly isnt the case and it shouldnt be either, children should learn gurmukhi and understand the true meaning rather than settling for second best translation

• 2 weeks later...

bit of a silly uneducated post really,

koran is much much smaller than the guru granth sahib, in addition to this they can read it in english, its not exactly mandatory for all young muslims to learn arabic, whereas the earnest on gurbani is to learn punjabi and gurmukhi, all in all its much harder to read guru granth sahib ji than it is for kids to read koran

im sure you would see a massive incread in numbers if every kid were to read guru granth sahib in english, but this clearly isnt the case and it shouldnt be either, children should learn gurmukhi and understand the true meaning rather than settling for second best translation

No. Its almost mandatory for every Muslim to learn to read Arabic. Almost all Muslims , all over the globe , learn Arabic and read Qur'an in Arabic. We need to learn Arabic because we have to recite verses from the Qur'an etc in "ARABIC" during our prayers or 'Salah' as they say it. Salah can't be in any other language but Arabic.