Nirmala Sants

lazy sewadar

Sangat Ji,

Using the internet, I have been doing a bit of reading up about the various deras/branches of the Nirmalay Sants recently, and noticed that each dera/lineage seems to have its own specialities or focus.

Sometimes the internet’s reliability is not that great, so I thought it might be a nice addition to this site, and source of information for people, if we made a list of Nirmalay Sants.

Would Sangat Ji please be so kind as to put down the names of different Nirmala Sants/Lineages that they know of (personally) and a brief description of their history/speciality/et cetra, and whether or not they focus on traditional task of engaging the texts and theologies of various other traditions (eg vedas, advaita etc).

For example:

Baba Balbir Singh Seechewal Walay, and Nirmalay of Seechewal.

These days they seem to have a focus on environmental protection and regeneration.

I am not sure of their scholarly theological interests, but the Baba seems to travel the world preaching to people, and I have seen kirtan sessions from places such as philipines.

For an example see this video http://www.nirmalkuteya.com/PlayVideo/holywaragainst.asp

There are other such videos in Punjabi and English on the website, and a history of the lineage, aswell as biographies of the Head Sants of it.

I have heard of a number of other sants (eg Baba Jeet Singh of Nirmal Kutiya Johalan, Baba Ram Singh from Nirmala Ashram Rishikesh, Nirmala Ashram of Lopon lineage), but I do not know about their special practices. If anyone could give info on these or other lineages that they know of (eg maybe a local Nirmala Baba that stays at their ancestral pind) that would be a great addition to the thread.

Rab Rakha

Nirmal Kutia Johlan was a dera established by Sant Baba Basant Singh Ji in 1920. They were sent there by Sant Baba Harnam Singh Ji Jiyan Wale to do Parchar of Sikhi in that area of Doaba. The current head of the Dera is Sant Baba Jit Singh Ji with their assistant being Sant Jaspal Singh Ji.

Here is a breakdown of Nirmal Kutia Johlan's lineage. You will notice that the lineage goes back to Hoti Mardan. The Harkhowal dera, which is currently headed by Sant Baba Roshan Singh Ji and Sant Baba Jagjit Singh Ji (forgive me if I have forgotten another current Sant), also originate from Hoti Mardan.

http://www.nirmalkut...in/lineage.html

You can find more information about Nirmal Kutiya Johlan there.The sants of Nirmal Kutia strictly preach Sikhi and implore Sikhs to learn and apply the Guru's teaching and take Kandey Batey da Amrit. A lot of the Sakhis regarding the Sants of this dera are available to read on that website above.