~ Luis Riel Side By Side Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale In Vaisakhi Nagar Kirtan~

N30S1NGH

I like the idea, all I remember about Louis Riel is what I learned back in Grade 8 lol.

If he and Che Guvera are of the same revolutionary calibre as Sant Jarnail Singh Ji then I think this is a great idea and definately something different.

If it were to be just the pictures of the different figures I doubt people would recognise Sant Jarnail Singh Ji and know about him. Would it not be neccesary for some information to acompany the posters?

Long story short nobody gives a rats <banned word filter activated>................especially the gora's or any other community....they want you to keep your human rights/temples/nagar kirtans at home. The bigger issue is how to deal with this menatlity. We get out to the streets once a year and promote we are this and that, but in reality we really aren't what we say we are. Which is the same as every community. We aren't the sikhs of the past..................lets just be honest and stop holding on to our elders sacrificies when we aren't willing to do any ourselves except show off that we are so great.

Sant Baba Jarnail Singh ji Khalsa is a Brahmgyiani and the complete definition of jivan mukht. Sant Baba Jarnail Singh ji Khalsa is not held in high regards because he fought against oppression, but because Sant ji stood on Gurmat and fought against oppression with Gurmat.

Can you say Louis Riel did the samething; fought against oppression using Gurmat and lived in Gurmat? Putting up a picture of Sant ji and Louis Riel side by side is distorting what Sant ji has done for the Sikhs and who Sant ji is?

Read about Louis Riel life and you will find things he had done, which were not according to Gurmat. There are many people who have fought against oppression, but didn't fight with the only way Satguru allowed it.

The Aboriginal people have suffered similar to Sikhs, but that doesn't make their leaders equal or even similar to Sant ji. Sant Ji is the Saroop of a Gurmukh/SaintSoldier; see no difference between God and his lovers. Can you say Louis Riel is the same?

With all due respect to bhramgyani sant jarnail singh ji bhindranwale, the fact he was not only bhramgyani but revolutionary leader as well. Once pictures of various revolutionary leaders are put side by side , any person with distinction(bibek buddhi) can see pictures it as- its the revolutionary attribute of each individual are being celebrated because of similiarties not the whole life. (We can even put that in writing under neath the picture).

On this very note: We also pay respects to baba banda singh bahudar pictures in nagar kirtan floats once you read his life, there are things he has done in his lifetime which may not aligned with Gurmat. One can equally argue if they look at things only - black and white, putting his picture is not aligned with gurmat because some of things which has done in his lifetime. But this mindset is wrong, depending on context of float if its themed around sipahi and revolutionary figures then we can celebrate - revolutionary attribute of each individual across the globe.

Look only reason i m suggesting this, its because to gain some sort of support as i said its not to please European settlers here..But its about reaching out to groups which has suffered just like us to find a middle ground to support each other and just to try change negative public opinion.

Sikhs live in multi-cultural soceity but most importantly we promote humanity- champions of human rights, cannot and should not always to segregate themselves into their own ghetto, we should reach out to similar groups and with same suffering, pay respect to same fearlessness warrior leaders of other groups and be united as one voice, join in their cause because we should be champions of human rights because our own guru's are example of this.

Otherwise not only we fail to follow ideals of our guru sahiban which giving life unconditionally for other groups who are oppressed but also we fail to change perception of others regarding our nagar kirtan - tribal people, tribal groups, tribal issues self interested group trying to shove tribal issues of their countries to throat of Canadians...quite frankly thats how everyone see us here in Canada.

Good idea, but I don't think this idea can sell to the general Sikh public for the simple fact that most Sikhs would not consider Luis Riel as their hero just as they would not consider William Wallace, Che or any other non Sikh hero as their hero. It's like native americans or some other non Sikh ethnicity putting up a picture of Sant Jee. It just would not happen since they cannot relate to Sant Jee as one of them. I think that Sikhs where ever they live should instead try to build relations with the local ethnicity or religious groups by participating in inter religious conferences or inviting them to the Sikh Gurdwara so they can better know us and get familiar with us.