Why Follow A Strict Rehat Maryada

Only five

WHEN YOU FORSAKE THE PURATAN MARYADA AND ADOPT SOMETHING ELSE WHAT YOU ARE DOING IS ACTUALLY ADOPTING A MARYADA AND PUTTING THIS INTO PLACE

Take for example the Maryada of Akhand Paat Sahib. The proper rehat is for 25 Singh to participate, but we have forsaken this without a doubt. What are we left with, the modern Rehat

1) People who are not even having ishnaan after going to the toilet.

2) No knowledge of Gurbani. No Shud Ucharan

3) Moneh Sikhs participating

4) Women participating (though this may be allowed, personally i wouldn't allow it)

5) Paatis flipping pages

6) No ability to read Larivaar Saroop

7) People participating whilst wearing trousers and socks

8) People not wearing a hazuria.

Now take a look at the puratan maryada of langar - Sarbloh vessels, Langreah Singh no one can cook. Only Amritdaree's allowed into kitchen etc etc. But what is the new maryada

1) Shoe's allowed

2) You don't have to cover your head

3) You don't have to follow Akal Takhat Hukamnamas and so partake Langar on table and chairs

4) Moneh can prepare langar

5) Moneh can distribute Langar

6) Anyone can freely enter the kitchen to do whatever they please

7) Complety no actions to presevrve Sucham and not allow Jhoot in the Langar

The strict Rehat Maryada given to us is not there to hurt us,

So true. A lot of Sikhs i have heard say bad things about rehat, like it makes us worse or something, as if its a weight around our necks. Guru knows our shortcomings, but we should never say or think bad about rehat, just becasue we find it hard to aspire to them.

So true. A lot of Sikhs i have heard say bad things about rehat, like it makes us worse or something, as if its a weight around our necks. Guru knows our shortcomings, but we should never say or think bad about rehat, just becasue we find it hard to aspire to them.

Its our ego right, that doesn't let us see the virtues in the Rehat. Pretty much everyone goes through this. Some are just real deeply attached to the ego, where they seek out Punj Pyare that won't give them a strict Rehat Maryada. And approaching such people to tell them such a method is not Gurmat will only fuel their ego even more. So far best thing i have found is to just sit down and do paat with them and/or take them along with you to have darshan of Gursikhs.

Why, pray tell, are women not allowed to do Paath? I always thought that, you know, Starting with Guru Nanak that men and women were equal. But since you personally disagree with this, I guess they were wrong and you are right. Good job.

The Paathi Singhs are to wear clean clothing and must bathe before starting on their Paath seva. The Akhand Paath should be completed in approximately 48 hours. The Granthi Singh is to be Amritdharee, passionate about Sikhi, perform Nitnem, meditation and have high levels of Gurmat knowledge.

http://www.damdamitaksaal.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=80&Itemid=68&limitstart=25

WHEN YOU FORSAKE THE PURATAN MARYADA AND ADOPT SOMETHING ELSE WHAT YOU ARE DOING IS ACTUALLY ADOPTING A MARYADA AND PUTTING THIS INTO PLACE

Take for example the Maryada of Akhand Paat Sahib. The proper rehat is for 25 Singh to participate, but we have forsaken this without a doubt. What are we left with, the modern Rehat

1) People who are not even having ishnaan after going to the toilet.

2) No knowledge of Gurbani. No Shud Ucharan

3) Moneh Sikhs participating

4) Women participating (though this may be allowed, personally i wouldn't allow it)

5) Paatis flipping pages

6) No ability to read Larivaar Saroop

7) People participating whilst wearing trousers and socks

8) People not wearing a hazuria.

Now take a look at the puratan maryada of langar - Sarbloh vessels, Langreah Singh no one can cook. Only Amritdaree's allowed into kitchen etc etc. But what is the new maryada

1) Shoe's allowed

2) You don't have to cover your head

3) You don't have to follow Akal Takhat Hukamnamas and so partake Langar on table and chairs

4) Moneh can prepare langar

5) Moneh can distribute Langar

6) Anyone can freely enter the kitchen to do whatever they please

7) Complety no actions to presevrve Sucham and not allow Jhoot in the Langar

agree with everything you said apart from the highlighted one.

@PAL 07, will you ever grow up and start putting Sikhi into practice in your life or will you

keep making a fool of yourself by writing stupid comments such as one below,

4) Women participating (though this may be allowed, personally i wouldn't allow it).

An apology to the Sikh Sangat could be a starting point on your path to Sikhi.

this is what gives Sikhs a bad name and the world laugh at the hypocrisy we create for ourselves. No wonder we have so many threads about punjabi girls converting islam going out with muslims and not with singhs, etc, etc.At least they clearly state the role of their women. We claim our Guru's said one thing,yet we are spreading something else.

I feel so sorry for our Sikhi Sisters, many of whom have much higher jeevan than singhs and do more paath and simran and have more love for our Guru only to be told by some fat, back-ward minded singh what she can and cant do.

We need to forget arguing about punjab politics, indian government etc and just sort out our own dumb brothers.