Excessive Facial Hair On Females..

i don't know why people say that, i assume from a lack of knowledge! just because it's a medical condition doesn't mean it can be treated. with polycstic ovary syndrome the hair will be there whether you take hormone regulating measures like the pill, it won't go with medication- it can only be treated externally by removal. please learn about this first..

You might want to assume something else, I have PCOS and a thyroid disorder so I'm quite aware of it. Its still important to know if it is medical whether it can be treated or not! It can have an affect on other things such as infertility so please keep your advice to yourself and learn about it yourself before telling others.

You might want to assume something else, I have PCOS and a thyroid disorder so I'm quite aware of it. Its still important to know if it is medical whether it can be treated or not! It can have an affect on other things such as infertility so please keep your advice to yourself and learn about it yourself before telling others.

LOL, you've totally misunderstood, i was telling you that the hair can't be treated internally and it won't go. other symptoms such as an irregular menstrual cycle or infertility can be helped medically.

LOL, you've totally misunderstood, i was telling you that the hair can't be treated internally and it won't go. other symptoms such as an irregular menstrual cycle or infertility can be helped medically.

My hair started to thin out when I got put on medication so your wrong again. Please research more before making statements that are false.

It is nice to see a lady whose self-esteem isn't wrapped up in their beauty (according to Western standards). I don't know why the media is so obsessed in women being completely hairless! In some societies, things like unibrows are considered the epitome of feminine beauty and highly desirable. In Tajikstan they even draw on unibrows! Complete opposite of the West, right? Even men have issues when they do not cut their hair. My fiance doesn't cut his hair so his hair is at with waist and sometimes people in the masjid think he is weird for it. He doesn't care though.

PCOS most probably wont disappear but taking medication such as Metformin or any other form of glucophage is the best long term solution to treating Polycystic Ovaries. If you take The Contraceptive Pill such as Diannete, your hair will definitely go down because it increases the oestrogen in you. Acne will most likely disappear too. But once you come off it, which you eventually do if you want a family, the hair will come back and so will the acne (in most cases). The hair will never completely disappear but it will become soo thin! For those who do remove hair, will find that they no longer have to deal with stubble coming back and those who don’t remove hair will notice that the hair naturally starts falling out and finer hair comes back.

Metformin Is a better long term solution because women with Polycystic ovaries are Insulin Resistant. It will stop your body making excess insulin . By controlling that, your Androgens(male hormones) will decrease, by having less androgens you have less hair/acne/oily skin.

But the best solution to control you polycystic ovaries is

-to follow a Low GI Diet (consists of eating a lot of wholegrains and cutting out white bread/pasta/sweet stuff and replacing it with wholegrain brown alternatives. Refined foods and things like potatoes mean that sugar gets released into ur blood quick which is why slow burn energy is the best to keep your insulin and sugar levels in sync.

-Regular exercise (usualy us PCOS suffers are expected to do it EVERY DAY but for those who cant, do as much as you can because something is better than nothing! If you have bad skin too, hit the sauna afterwards!

-Eat foods that increase your oestrogen such as Soya

-replace your normal sugar with Fructose sugar as you only need to use half what you normal would as its sweeter

-Eat fruit instead of diving into the cake!

Ladies remember, PCOS is something that pops up in infertility cases A LOT… so if you don’t look after yourself, don’t take motherhood as a guarantee.

Penji Navrup kaur is an amazing woman and we need more women out there to give other sisters with the same problem Hope and strength that they can do it.

A lot of women with PCOS suffer from depression and feel so down in the dumps about it and what im sick of is people saying things because they remove their facial hair. I don’t think a lot of people out there know what they already go through and other people shoving their judgments onto them and dictating what they should and shouldn’t do is the last thing they need. The worst is the “Singhs” who do because we all know that 99% of the singhs who have something to say would never marry a woman with a lot of facial hair. I salute the tiny number who can and there is a need for more Singhs like that out there.