What Is The Best Martial Art To Train

hgsingh

Guest Kluivert

^^that actually has happened a few times...I've read it on many websites. Don't have the link

What happened? I've know people who have been visiting his classes since his first Akhara in Wolves, this has never happened. Say these students are liars and it has happened, then these people who did challenge the Akhara must have got beaten.

The Website does clearly state that Niddar will surrender all his Akaharay to the victories person who wins the Hudh Thor challenge.

Kluivert sorry niddar singh and his students are to scared to compete

That their shows me people like you have bin scammed

I emailed them about this so called open challenge and it doesn't exsist so why make up lies and not just confess their to scared

Lol hahahaha were on their website is this open challenge and niddar singh will step down they make it clear their to scared to compete

Who told you this dumb lie that niddar singh accepts all challenges and will step down if he loses this shows how easy it is to scam a simple mind like yours

nihang@gmail.com

That's the email ask them why they don't compete and have open challenges for other fighters to come fight their fighters

And shastarvidya.org is their website

Kluivert you dsont know anything about martial arts clearly if you got scammed

So back to the subject on hand what are the top martial arts to learn regarding street fighting

Email and ask about how many tournments they have bin invited to compete in

A real martial arts school shows how effective their training is by having their students go up against students from other schools

Martial arts that are outdated do roadshows and only demonstrations make excuses as to my their to scared to allow their training to be tested

A real martial arts school shows how effective their training is by having their students go up against students from other schools

Martial arts that are outdated do roadshows and only demonstrations make excuses as to my their to scared to allow their training to be tested

Vaheguru ji ka Khalsa Vaheguru ji ki Fat-heh

CISCO makes some very good points. To be able to productively advise on this subject, requires a person to have had experience of the fighting arts.

Just a few thoughts:

1 – it is not a particular art that makes you a good fighter. It’s the combination of a good teacher and even better student. A good teacher, with dedicated practice and abhyaas, will have gone past the boundaries of his ‘art’ and come into the field of understanding the real skills i.e. body mechanics, positioning, timing, energy conservation, pressure points, muscle/joint manipulation, importance of footwork, breathing and internal power generation/usage. All good MAs share the same knowledge at this high level. There is only so many ways someone can attack you and only so many efficient ways to respond. A cat from Argentina fights the same as cat from Germany, even though they have never met. Man also instinctively has an optimum method of fighting, but years of films, media, McDojo culture have poisoned our natural ability. That is why those who mediate on combat reach near same conclusions. I say this having observed/met true Masters of different regional systems.

2 – Krav Maga is not an ‘art’. It is a mixture of fight responses which varies from teacher to teacher, most incorporate bits and bobs from their previous experience. It’s a good basic method of self defence, albeit being a hard style. Israelis and many other nations including US, are actually head-hunting and incorporating knowledge of other traditional Easter systems into their training, Ninjitsu is very popular in Israel at the moment (do your research).

3 – Re Filipino martial arts (my main area of expertise), Kali, Eskrima and Arnis are not different arts, they are the same. Eskrima is actually a spanish word (Esgrima), Arnis is the name used in different Islands and Kali was mainly popularised by Dan Inosanto. Kali is actually derived from Kalis, a type of sword used by the Muslims in the southern Islands. These names do not refer to a martial art, they are simply a collective term for fighting. There are actually many types of different FMAs under this umbrella, many of them are modern i.e. been heavily influenced by JMAs i.e. Judo and Jujitsu, others heavily influenced by CMAs i.e. 5 Ancestors, Wing Chun, Kuntao. There are very few ‘traditional’ FMAs left, and the ones that are ‘traditional’ are certainly not known in the mainstream. FMA also has it’s own excellent indigenous wrestling/grappling MA called Dumog, as well as native dangerous Thai Boxing and Street Boxing systems. Generally the North is influenced by the Chinese, middle by Japanese and South by Indonesian (Silat). Modern boxing i.e. ducking/diving, bolo punches/sideways (hidden) uppercuts (many things now banned in boxing) were derived from the FMAs through a mix of US Marines who were positioned in PI in the early 1900s and the early PI immigrants in US, most of whom were farmers, who took over the world boxing scene in a storm.

Most of the modern/well known FMA schools are competition based and rely on blocks i.e. stick on stick or sword on sword, the combat (traditional) versions have no blocks. Hence why the combat versions can not be taken to the ring due to dangerous 1 kill movements.

In the old days, (early to mid 1900’s), Filipinos competed in death matches, where the opponent was severely wounded or killed. These are the lineages to find and learn from, not the common sports/competition/grading based ones.

Lastly, there has also been a big Spanish/European influence on FMA, one great example of this the terminology used for the names of all the techniques, they are all Spanish! Plus there are few Spanish colonies dotted around the world, who have their own indigenous stick/knife systems which greatly resemble the traditional PI versions, only the avid MA researcher would know this.

4 – The work Kung Fu is also being misused here. Kung Fu is not a martial art, but simply a term to mean great dedication/achievement. China probably has more fighting systems than the rest of the world put together, having researched (and continuing to do so) it’s a whole universe. Kung Fu describes Chinese MAs, somewhat similar to how the term Shastar Vidya would probably describe various weapons based Indian MAs.

In north China you have the internal boxing styles (what I consider high level arts) i.e. Tai Chi Chuan, Bagua, Xing Yi to name but a few. Whilst the South has more external boxing styles i.e. Southern Mantis, Bak Mei, White Crane, Dragon, Hung Gar, Wing Chun etc. The main difference is the use of aggression, hard conditioning and hard chi, Vs calmness, body manipulation and soft chi. But in between there are many styles including the ones mentioned that make use of both.

In China you also have Sanshou or Sanda, the Chinese ‘sports’ art which is similar to Muay Thai and very dangerous. This art and Filipino Yaw Yan, are very dangerous in the ring and very similar to Muay Thai. But the Filipinos and Chinese clearly distinguish between these ‘sports’ and traditional combat systems. The Thai also pay reverence to the combat ancestors of Muay Thai i.e. Muay Boran, Muay Chaya and Bokator (all 3, great real combat arts).

It’s only here in the media hyped west where we confuse sport and combat.

Always perform a simple test when looking for a ‘combat art’ – does it teach you to deal with blade/sword/any weapon attacks? Does it teach you to deal with multiples? Is it simple to learn i.e. uses one set of principles for all methods of attack. As an example, BJJ/Grappling is not so good to you Vs multiples, weapons or going to the floor on dangerous ground i.e. rocks, broken glass. Same way – any weapon-less MA i.e. Muay Thai, Boxing, Krav will only have very limited success against weapons, especially blades.

The main problem is that there are many McDojos in all styles be it Thai, BJJ (which is Judo actually), Chinese, Japanese etc – it’s extremely hard to find a knowledgeable and genuine practitioner/teacher. Just because we can’t find a good mechanic/dentist/builder/lawyer, doesn’t mean one doesn’t exist.

Whatever art you decide to study, do so with an open mind, pure dedication and hard work ethic, courage and patience. Learn to see beyond the boundaries of your own art, don’t get stuck in cultish or tribal mentality. Learn one art at a time, don’t have 2 feet in separate boats, you will drown. Do a heartfelt ardaas for a good teacher and be patient, Sat-Guru always provide.

CISCO makes some very good points. To be able to productively advise on this subject, requires a person to have had experience of the fighting arts.

Just a few thoughts:

1 – it is not a particular art that makes you a good fighter. It’s the combination of a good teacher and even better student. A good teacher, with dedicated practice and abhyaas, will have gone past the boundaries of his ‘art’ and come into the field of understanding the real skills i.e. body mechanics, positioning, timing, energy conservation, pressure points, muscle/joint manipulation, importance of footwork, breathing and internal power generation/usage. All good MAs share the same knowledge at this high level. There is only so many ways someone can attack you and only so many efficient ways to respond. A cat from Argentina fights the same as cat from Germany, even though they have never met. Man also instinctively has an optimum method of fighting, but years of films, media, McDojo culture have poisoned our natural ability. That is why those who mediate on combat reach near same conclusions. I say this having observed/met true Masters of different regional systems.

2 – Krav Maga is not an ‘art’. It is a mixture of fight responses which varies from teacher to teacher, most incorporate bits and bobs from their previous experience. It’s a good basic method of self defence, albeit being a hard style. Israelis and many other nations including US, are actually head-hunting and incorporating knowledge of other traditional Easter systems into their training, Ninjitsu is very popular in Israel at the moment (do your research).

3 – Re Filipino martial arts (my main area of expertise), Kali, Eskrima and Arnis are not different arts, they are the same. Eskrima is actually a spanish word (Esgrima), Arnis is the name used in different Islands and Kali was mainly popularised by Dan Inosanto. Kali is actually derived from Kalis, a type of sword used by the Muslims in the southern Islands. These names do not refer to a martial art, they are simply a collective term for fighting. There are actually many types of different FMAs under this umbrella, many of them are modern i.e. been heavily influenced by JMAs i.e. Judo and Jujitsu, others heavily influenced by CMAs i.e. 5 Ancestors, Wing Chun, Kuntao. There are very few ‘traditional’ FMAs left, and the ones that are ‘traditional’ are certainly not known in the mainstream. FMA also has it’s own excellent indigenous wrestling/grappling MA called Dumog, as well as native dangerous Thai Boxing and Street Boxing systems. Generally the North is influenced by the Chinese, middle by Japanese and South by Indonesian (Silat). Modern boxing i.e. ducking/diving, bolo punches/sideways (hidden) uppercuts (many things now banned in boxing) were derived from the FMAs through a mix of US Marines who were positioned in PI in the early 1900s and the early PI immigrants in US, most of whom were farmers, who took over the world boxing scene in a storm.

Most of the modern/well known FMA schools are competition based and rely on blocks i.e. stick on stick or sword on sword, the combat (traditional) versions have no blocks. Hence why the combat versions can not be taken to the ring due to dangerous 1 kill movements.

In the old days, (early to mid 1900’s), Filipinos competed in death matches, where the opponent was severely wounded or killed. These are the lineages to find and learn from, not the common sports/competition/grading based ones.

Lastly, there has also been a big Spanish/European influence on FMA, one great example of this the terminology used for the names of all the techniques, they are all Spanish! Plus there are few Spanish colonies dotted around the world, who have their own indigenous stick/knife systems which greatly resemble the traditional PI versions, only the avid MA researcher would know this.

4 – The work Kung Fu is also being misused here. Kung Fu is not a martial art, but simply a term to mean great dedication/achievement. China probably has more fighting systems than the rest of the world put together, having researched (and continuing to do so) it’s a whole universe. Kung Fu describes Chinese MAs, somewhat similar to how the term Shastar Vidya would probably describe various weapons based Indian MAs.

In north China you have the internal boxing styles (what I consider high level arts) i.e. Tai Chi Chuan, Bagua, Xing Yi to name but a few. Whilst the South has more external boxing styles i.e. Southern Mantis, Bak Mei, White Crane, Dragon, Hung Gar, Wing Chun etc. The main difference is the use of aggression, hard conditioning and hard chi, Vs calmness, body manipulation and soft chi. But in between there are many styles including the ones mentioned that make use of both.

In China you also have Sanshou or Sanda, the Chinese ‘sports’ art which is similar to Muay Thai and very dangerous. This art and Filipino Yaw Yan, are very dangerous in the ring and very similar to Muay Thai. But the Filipinos and Chinese clearly distinguish between these ‘sports’ and traditional combat systems. The Thai also pay reverence to the combat ancestors of Muay Thai i.e. Muay Boran, Muay Chaya and Bokator (all 3, great real combat arts).

It’s only here in the media hyped west where we confuse sport and combat.

Always perform a simple test when looking for a ‘combat art’ – does it teach you to deal with blade/sword/any weapon attacks? Does it teach you to deal with multiples? Is it simple to learn i.e. uses one set of principles for all methods of attack. As an example, BJJ/Grappling is not so good to you Vs multiples, weapons or going to the floor on dangerous ground i.e. rocks, broken glass. Same way – any weapon-less MA i.e. Muay Thai, Boxing, Krav will only have very limited success against weapons, especially blades.

The main problem is that there are many McDojos in all styles be it Thai, BJJ (which is Judo actually), Chinese, Japanese etc – it’s extremely hard to find a knowledgeable and genuine practitioner/teacher. Just because we can’t find a good mechanic/dentist/builder/lawyer, doesn’t mean one doesn’t exist.

Whatever art you decide to study, do so with an open mind, pure dedication and hard work ethic, courage and patience. Learn to see beyond the boundaries of your own art, don’t get stuck in cultish or tribal mentality. Learn one art at a time, don’t have 2 feet in separate boats, you will drown. Do a heartfelt ardaas for a good teacher and be patient, Sat-Guru always provide.

BJJ is not judo. It is ju-jitsu. Judo actually came from jujitsu. Kano who invented it wanted to make jujitsu into a competitive sport instead of the killing art that it was so he took out all the strikes and many of the submissions and kept the throws and pins and called it judo. Brazilian jujitsu is a form of old style jujitsu that early japanese settlers took to Brazil in the early 1900s. It had a focus on groundfighting and followed a different path of evolution as it was in Brazil. Judo, Jujitsu and Brazilian jujitsu come from the same family or umberella but are also distinctly different.

Guest Kluivert

Mate, I have never claimed myself as an expert in Martial arts, I’m just following on what great masters like Pat O'Malley has observed.

So would you say Pat O'Malley is a fake? And you more knowledgeable then him?

Pat O'Malley has trained with Niddar Singh and holds great respect for him and SV. Why would he want to train with Niddar Singh and hold knowledge share classes, if he thought SV was a waste of time?

You speak about competing, SV is not a competing art, many techniques involve gouge to the eyes and shots to the groin area. Will this be allowed in competitions?

You are a master of Martial arts and you have great knowledge, Why don’t you go to the Akahra and action your opinion?

You speak about competing, SV is not a competing art, many techniques involve gouge to the eyes and shots to the groin area. Will this be allowed in competitions?

Yes, also biting, neck snap, knee snap, leg break, and that's just the techniques without stabbing and cutting with the shastar!

Are these allowed in MMA?

Kluivert I don't know anything about pat o malley but a lot of martial artists like to learn about all the martial arts out their and show great deal of respect cause martial arts teach's respect

Hahaha and muay thai womens self defence classes teach the same thing shots to the groin punching the throat

So don't make excuses cause muay thai teach's things you cannot use in competition yet they still compete and kick butt

Kluivert you never bin in a fight and don't know anything about fighting

Why did you lie about niddar singh having open challenges hahahahaha he's to scared to have open challenges including his students

Also like I stated earlier you know your getting scammed when the martial arts insor claims their martial art is to dangerous for competition

And anyontheirs many aspects of muay thai you can't use in competition cause you'll kill them and they compete hahahaha

If anyone wants ill destroy them in a proper debate why niddar singh shaster vidya is a waste of time

And people are going to laugh at niddar singh's teachings

Kluivert I don't know anything about pat o malley but a lot of martial artists like to learn about all the martial arts out their and show great deal of respect cause martial arts teach's respect

Hahaha and muay thai womens self defence classes teach the same thing shots to the groin punching the throat

So don't make excuses cause muay thai teach's things you cannot use in competition yet they still compete and kick butt

Kluivert you never bin in a fight and don't know anything about fighting

Why did you lie about niddar singh having open challenges hahahahaha he's to scared to have open challenges including his students

Also like I stated earlier you know your getting scammed when the martial arts insor claims their martial art is to dangerous for competition

And anyontheirs many aspects of muay thai you can't use in competition cause you'll kill them and they compete hahahaha

If anyone wants ill destroy them in a proper debate why niddar singh shaster vidya is a waste of time

And people are going to laugh at niddar singh's teachings

. You miss the whole point. Muay Thai has it's uses but in SV the point is to kill, not win. Winning is irrelevant, you must survive. Only way to test Shaster Vidya would be a fight "to the death"......... Key word "Shaster" ....... Which tourney/competition do you know that allows you to compete with proper shaster?

Yes I have trained in MT. It does have its limitations. Most exhibition arts do.