Sgpc Attacks Sikh Channels Crew In Punjab

m4ndy

true. this is not the first time.

whenever stand up against beadbi, or even when we hold a perfectly legitimate protest, or even celebrate gurpurab on correct day, the media immediatly dubbs us as hardliners, radicals and extremists.... pathetic bias indian media.

If they can do it abroad, for sure they are doing it within India too.

Scuffle between Sikh hardliners and SGPC employees

PTI | 09:01 PM,Jan 31,2012

Amritsar, Jan 31 (PTI) A group of nearly 25 people belonging to a hardline Sikh NGO was involved in a minor scuffle with SGPC employees at a gurudwara here over the transportation of religious scripture. The group, belonging to NGO 'Guru Granth Sahib Satkar Committee', had raised objections to the transportation of the religious books in a "dirty" commercial vehicle. When contacted, Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee secretary Dalmegh Singh alleged that a group of nearly 25 people led by one Balbir Singh Muchal and Gurnam Singh attacked the SGPC employees working in the printing press. The matter was brought under control when police reached the spot, he said.

======================================================================================================================

The above news article is wrong. It was the SGPC Taskforce that shamelessly attacked members of the Guru Granth Sahib Satkar Committee. It is the SGPC Taskforce who are the "Hardliners". When members of the Satkar Committee objected to Gurbani being carried in a dirty vehicle they were beaten up by this SGPC Taskforce. The SGPC behaved like thugs.

Further to this, it was the SGPC along with its president Avtar Singh Makker who got members of the task force arrested with the help of the police. The innocents were beaten up and sent to jail for trying to uphold the respect of Gurbani.

These are the signs of Kaljug. Things seem to be getting darker. The problem is not the SGPC but the people in the SGPC. The SGPC is run by Akali Dal Badal. A corrupt party that distributes intoxicants for votes.

Same with sri Akal Takht. Maybe the Jathedar of AKal Takht is not the best leader for the panth but this doens't mean we shoould get rid of the Akal Takht. The Akal Takht will remain because it was built with the pure hands of sri Guru Hargobind Sahib ji along with bhai Gurdas ji and baba Buddha ji. One day the panth will be blessed with a great Jathedar of Akal Takht.

The SGPC should be an independent organisation free from political influence. Its members should be elected by the Sikh Panth as well as its president. Currently the SGPC and Akal Takht is being influenced by Akali Dal Badal.

May Guru Sahib bless the panth with more true Gursikhs like the Satkar Committee Singhs who tried to uphold the honour of Gurbani.

Satguru Mehar Karan

Did you read Punjabi nespapers ? Please read those also. They say that satkar committee members numbering

in 25 to 30 came to gurudwara Ramsar and locked up SGPC employees after injuring some seriously.

http://www.ajitjalan...0201/punjab.php

Satkar committee members are well known around darbar sahib as they are locals and participate

in many activites. i wish if they have points they should approach management of SGPC peacefully

instead of attacking them physically.

Satkar committe members are the same who organized a welcome and support compaign for

Darshan ragi by stopping him in front of Moochhal village ( Their village on GT road) when

he was coming to appear before akal takhat.

The SGPC should be an independent organisation free from political influence. Its members should be elected by the Sikh Panth as well as its president.

Were they not? There was an election held a few months back which likes of congress party chief Amrinder singh, bittu party and sarna are trying to overturn as they want to give voting rights to sehjdhairs when sehajdharis are persons from other religions. While SGPC need to do more on propagation of sikhi they should not buckle in front anti panthic combine of congress , sarna, kala afghani and darshan ragi missionaries.

GPS ji

I was writing based on what I heard from the sikh channel. They showed footage of satkar committee member in hospital.

From what I have heard it was the task force of SGPC that behaved like thugs and used violence against members of SGPC. It was not satkar committee who initially objected to the way Gurbani pothis were being carried in a dirty vehicle. It was a Nihang Singh who objected and was then attacked. The Nihang Singh then phoned the satkar committee for help..

I was not aware of satkar committtee support for Darshan Singh which is wrong.

However 2 wrongs do make a right. We must strongly condemn actions of SGPC for disrespecting Gurbani. We must also remember that SGPC is full of Akali Dal supporters. Akali Dal along with Congress distributed intoxicants for votes in recent elections. Also both parties are corrupt. We must condemn both parties.

What is exact truth of what happened, only God knows. There is no trust left in Punjab.

Rabb Rakhe

Osingh ji

You should not beleive in whatever sikh channel is telling you.The clip from Punjabi newspaper is self explanatory.

The incident took place at printing press located at some distance from harmandir sahib where task force of sgpc is located. It was satkar committee who came armed on the scene first and later was response from task force. When violence is resorted to innocent persons are likely to be hurt.

No one is endorsing the action of task force.What is being said that if these peope of satkar committee has some issues the way Gutkas were being transported in a wrong way they should take this issue in a peaceful manner with SGPC and not resort to arms.They need to act like gursikhs of the past wherein they took such issues in a peaceful manner and won the battle. It is not right to draw swords over everything. That is not a sikh way.

As a sikh i have no support for congress that has tortured sikhs ever since India got freedom from british.They made promises to sikhs in 1947 to give an area where they can expeience glow of freedom and later backed out.

They are for capturing SGPC so that they can have control of sikh gurudwaras ever since.Finally They attacked our Harmandir sahib and killed sikhs in day light in Delhi and otehr cities of india. Now again they have a dummy who says that sehajdharis should vote in SGPC elections and having hair for sikhs is an outdated pracice of 15th century. Akali dal is not best but i will think thousand times before equating them to congress a sworn enemy of sikhs.

This was question asked to Amrinder singh by chengappa editro of tribune regarding sehajdharis and follows reply of amrinder

Question by tribune editor: Would the recent decision by the High Court to quash the notification preventing Sehajdhari Sikhs from voting in SGPC elections be a factor?

Reply by Amrinder singh:

Yes, it would have an impact. I support the verdict. Why should a Sikh who cuts his hair not be allowed to vote in the SGPC elections? After all we are not living in the 16th century – we are in a different world.

Note: Contrary to Amrinder's assertion, a sehajadhri is not a person who born of sikh parents cuts his hair. A sehjdhari is one who is on path of adopting sikhi from other religions but has not yet finalized his mind.

I agree with Bhai GPS Ji,

You can not blame SGPC for everything that goes on. Lately, the Satkar Commitee has started using questionable tactics themsevles.

Years ago, the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Satkar Committee was a joint effort between independent Panthic Singhs, Akhand Kirtan Jatha Singhs, and Damdami Taksal (Ajnala) Singhs.

The latter two groups have now distanced themselves from the current head Balbir Singh Mucchall who has unilaterally made decisions that were not very popular with the rest of the Singhs.

Reacting violently to every transgression is not the Khalsa way, Satkar Committee should know better. They need to learn to deal with issues in a more sophisticated manner.

I hope Satkar Committee rethinks about their tactics and approach, otherwise they will not support from the Public or the Panth.

GPS ji

"Akali dal is not best but i will think thousand times before equating them to congress a sworn enemy of sikhs."

I think your views towards Akali Dal Badal are extremely lenient. My views on Congress are very clear, I recently posted a topic on Captain Amarinder Singh visiting jhoota sauda leader along with Akal Takht Hukamnama. Of course, attacking sri Darbar Sahib is the greatest crime the Congress have committed and the world will never forget this crime. Akal Purakh will surely punish those who attacked and killed innocents Sikhs.

However which CM and which party was in power in 1978 when the fake nirankari leader disrespected sri Guru Granth sahib ji in sri Amritsar. 13 jeevan wale, naam-rasiye Gursikhs like bhai Fauja Singh ji gave their lives fighting this dusht. What did Badal do for these Gursikhs? What has Badal done for the panth since he has been in power?

Badal recently gave Advani VIP treatment in Punjab. This is the same person that said operation bluestar should have happened sooner.

Akali Dal Badal and Congress have caused great damage to Sikh Panth. I would not vote or have any links with these parties.

GPS ji we know that Amarinder Singh will not help the Sikhs. What are your views on Parkash Badal? You never seem to criticize Badal only Amarinder.

PS ji we know that Amarinder Singh will not help the Sikhs. What are your views on Parkash Badal? You never seem to criticize Badal only Amarinder.

I do not support Badal. He has many weaknesses and is promoting his son as his heir.That is not panthic way.

In our Gurudwaras in Punjab we have traditional panthic atmosphere . If you visit Harmandir sahib you hardly notice

any anti gurmat activities being carried out. This will change if heretic elements promoted by congress, sarnas

take control You might have noticed their stance in Ragi darshan issue.sarna has handed over our historical Gurudwaras

to atheist missionaries who preach manmat from bangla sahib.

They are trying their best to wrest control of our Gurudwaras from panth but have not succeeded so far. The day akali dal

changes maryada of our Gurudwaras i will be the first to shun them. Our loyalty should be to our maryada and not individuals.