Why Do Ppl Cut Their Hair N Follow Sikhi

KARKOOSINGH23

WJKK WJKF

i just wanted to no y ppl cut their hair n follow sikhi . they cut their hair which so many gursikhs were totured and killed , Guru Gobind Singh Ji said i love your hair more thn my sons lives n if u live with a lot of hindu muslim n say u went to a gathering n how would u be ny diffrent from them u have no pugh guti nothing just muna how will some 1 say look at dat sikh thy wont becasue u look like them so why do ppl cut hair . because they dnt like it ? because it to hard ? how ? because why ? n after cutting hair they claim there sikhs!!! <banned word filter activated> !! wouldnt i be nice to go outside n see every1 with gutis n pughs rather thn see grandfather cleanshave dad cleansave son cleanshave -_- i asked ppl with haircut will u ever grow hair mostly all of them said later when dere budha and about to die rite thas when u rembr god . so wat i wanna no is y ppl cut hair a person cannot connect with god without hair no way . so y do ppl do it thn?

and also guru ji says cut 1 hair or all its the same so thats basically saying u cannot cut any hair otherwise u bakand sikh u bakand sikhs cuttn ur beards and u besharm girls gettn ur eyebrows done and then wearing gol pughs havent u learned nything from guru ji muna cut their hair but u cut some keep some KEEP ALL

Its because

1. Media: our cable TV and Media has portraited the Movie starts as real Heros and with 500 TV channels , Every child sees that from age of 1 years.

So that becomes deep rooted and they want to look like starts. Thats the only reason.

2. Girls: Believe it or not Every boy wants to impress Girls and Every Girl want to impress Boys. Boys like movies actresses so Girls want to look like them and Girls like John Abraham and Salman Khan , so Boys do that

This will only stop if you you stop children from watching movies , Stop discussing movies/ strats in Scholls and friends. This is not possible.

So thats why almosy Every one is cutting Hair. My All chacha , mama were sikhs once. but in in my Whole fmaily i am the only sikh person. Even i also cut my hair when i was in college to become Hero but ten i went to gursikh sangat and went back but its very hard. i don't know what will happen in future

Its because

1. Media: our cable TV and Media has portraited the Movie starts as real Heros and with 500 TV channels , Every child sees that from age of 1 years.

So that becomes deep rooted and they want to look like starts. Thats the only reason.

2. Girls: Believe it or not Every boy wants to impress Girls and Every Girl want to impress Boys. Boys like movies actresses so Girls want to look like them and Girls like John Abraham and Salman Khan , so Boys do that

This will only stop if you you stop children from watching movies , Stop discussing movies/ strats in Scholls and friends. This is not possible.

So thats why almosy Every one is cutting Hair. My All chacha , mama were sikhs once. but in in my Whole fmaily i am the only sikh person. Even i also cut my hair when i was in college to become Hero but ten i went to gursikh sangat and went back but its very hard. i don't know what will happen in future

Good on you for being the only Sikh in your family.

But why do you find it so hard to be a keshdhari Sikh.

May Waheguru give you the strength to stay on the path of Sikhi.

Blaming movies for Sikhs becoming patit is sheer nonsense. The main reason is

parents have no time or inclination to teach the significance of keeping hair to

their children. They have no time to tell them the proud history of the Sikhs.

The problem is

Time spent by parents to teach sikhi <<<<<< Time spent by children on TV/Movies

Its Human Psychology that we tend to forget everything after 3-4 days. Suppose If i tell you that driniking 2 glass ofwater in morning before anything is good for health , then you will do it for few days , you will forget it after 1-2 months. Then when someone else tell you you again di it for few days and this process repeeats.

So parents do tell children about sikhi fore few days and then stop. but our Enemey TV/MOVIES tells children to follow more western culture is doing its duty every day , every hour without stopping. So he will win anyway. If parents are Gursikh and telling each and every day then children can learn but this does not happen usually.

If media/movies is not the case then why there wee more sikhs few dacades ago when there was no TV /Media

If you have never had kesh it's not easy to grow kesh. Some people follow Sikhi as they are new to it. If you never influenced by religion growing up then you stumble upon it in your tewnties that is my reason for not having full kesh. Before people say 'oh, yur parents are this and that, didn't teach you', well they are a product of their environment, they both born in the UK, there were no gurdwareh when they grew up, growing up in 50's UK very different to now. Only towaards very late sixites did gurdwareh start appearing in UK on a sizeable scale. Even, then the marayda were nothing like nowdays.

BTw, my parents are religous now, full kesh etc. that is why I found religion.

The most important factor is

ignorance about the necessity for keeping kesh, etc.

People think this way that by cutting hairs they will get smartness , Girls , Job , can go to clubs parties etc

When i had my cut hairs before i had 1000s of benefits of my cut hair. I didn't knew that why i was kepping them.

The only thing i knew was if i keep them Guru sahib will be happy. But at that time i thought millions are cuting their hair. I am not the only one so i cut them. I knew that after death it can cause problem but firstly i wanted to be happy in this world so i cut my hairs at that time.

Even today when i have hairs grown. I still miss my old freedom. That smartness etc. really very difficult to grow hairs if you are not from gurskih family.

I am fighting with myself every day

WJKK WJKF

i just wanted to no y ppl cut their hair n follow sikhi . they cut their hair which so many gursikhs were totured and killed , Guru Gobind Singh Ji said i love your hair more thn my sons lives n if u live with a lot of hindu muslim n say u went to a gathering n how would u be ny diffrent from them u have no pugh guti nothing just muna how will some 1 say look at dat sikh thy wont becasue u look like them so why do ppl cut hair . because they dnt like it ? because it to hard ? how ? because why ? n after cutting hair they claim there sikhs!!! <banned word filter activated> !! wouldnt i be nice to go outside n see every1 with gutis n pughs rather thn see grandfather cleanshave dad cleansave son cleanshave -_- i asked ppl with haircut will u ever grow hair mostly all of them said later when dere budha and about to die rite thas when u rembr god . so wat i wanna no is y ppl cut hair a person cannot connect with god without hair no way . so y do ppl do it thn?

'n after cutting hair they claim there sikhs!!! <banned word filter activated> !!' - Why are you so special to judge?

It's better to be as good a human being as possible and follow Sikhi, to the best as you can with a TRUE heart, because you want too. Most people who TRY to follow Sikhi and cut hair etc. do it off their own back, because they want too. I know personally of many Keshdhari and amritdhari's who hve NO choice. They look the part but have no sharda, if they were allowed too they would cut their hair. But as they were born in to religion they have not much choice and are scared of family. This scenario may only apply to a small tiny minority, but it is true.

I know of a few amritdharis (my dad included), who had to have surgery (like life saving) e.g. heart attack, removing tumor. They needed to shave some hair to operate. I have nothing against it as most people in todays world would do the same. You would just pesh after. It's not like you wanted to but you wanted to live a little longer. I know for a fact only a handful of amritdharis would say no I m not going to operate as I will have to cut kesh. Its because they have family and responsibilties. Also if you are knocked out and go for emergency treatment the doctors will do it without your consent as they know no better. So you CAN NOT compare shaheeds form centuries ago to todays Sikhs. As they would have given their life rther than remove kesh. Well thats an extreme example as most on here are young and unless happened to family member you will think 'NO waay I would never cut my kesh for a LIFE SAVING operation. But for a lot you may have travelled abroad. Guru ji said kakkars should never be taken off, they are your angs. So why do some who have taken amrit will be so careful when showering etc. Be okay when it comes to flying? Just because Akal Takht have bent the rules to accomodate modern living, its still going against the hukam of dashmeh pita. Under no circumstances can you take kakkars off, but flying umh okey. Law of the land is greater than rehat right. Justify it how you want you can't. There is no complusion to fly or go abroad.

Im not trying to justify cutting my kesh, but just showing only a few follow rehat to the letter. In one way or another Im guessing majority off people have not follwed rehat prescribed by our gurus. E.g amritvela (Like how many have kept nitnem of all banis everyday since amrit), Dasvand etc.

Basically im trying to say only Waheguru can judge, what gives other people who themselves have flaws (albiet to a lesser extent), the right to judge?

People think this way that by cutting hairs they will get smartness , Girls , Job , can go to clubs parties etc

When i had my cut hairs before i had 1000s of benefits of my cut hair. I didn't knew that why i was kepping them.

The only thing i knew was if i keep them Guru sahib will be happy. But at that time i thought millions are cuting their hair. I am not the only one so i cut them. I knew that after death it can cause problem but firstly i wanted to be happy in this world so i cut my hairs at that time.

Even today when i have hairs grown. I still miss my old freedom. That smartness etc. really very difficult to grow hairs if you are not from gurskih family.

I am fighting with myself every day

This is a very honest post. Its guys like you we need to help and encourage with the basics that some take for granted.