Why Do Ppl Cut Their Hair N Follow Sikhi

KARKOOSINGH23

Listen stop doing nindya here and talk properly you are only showing your own ignorance. Give every quote that explicitly (with no question full stop) tells you in guru granth not to cut hair. Secondly most people translate the word "rom" wrong it's origins are from sanskrit it means molecules go ask a few people to verify the ignorance you posses (an ignorant person in punjabi is called a moorakh). Just look at all the sikhs who think they are kaala or gangster that is culture.

The Kesh rehat is stated in guru gobind singh jis maryada upon khalsa initiation. If this is the way you behave with other people how do expect anyone to embrace sikhi at all, they will look at you thinking you are the truest representation of guru gobind singh and run away.

Now the point you don't understand I will have to expand onto. Before you go further benti go get a dictionary and look up the words "religion" and the word "culture" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion

http://dictionary.re...browse/religion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture

http://dictionary.re.../browse/culture

dharam and virsa are separate things. Virsa does mix with dharam however virsa changes such as bhangra boliyan we are not doing the same bhangra boliya our ancestors did. RDB's bhangra compared to the standard bhangra from 500 years ago are different. Just look at footwear what different shoes are worn, chappal designs have changed over time. Sikhi stays firm throughout time. Food is a part of culture - you don't have to be sikh to eat the punjabi dish paranthas loads of hindus, christians, buddhists and muslims eat them. Some sikhs don't eat them but eat italian dishes such as pizza or paste. Eating Pizza doesn't convert you to christianity, pizza is a dish mainly from people who were christian.

Now to break down the thing your not getting is guru gobind singh said "raj bina dharam nai chalda"- Guru Gobind Singh in his time was the equaivalent of a raja people gained sikhi from him. In sikh raj, maharaja ranjit singh was a the king who ruled a sikh rule. Everyone who came to his court had to wear a turban. He made many hindus into sikhs in his rule even europeans became sikh. People have dress, ethics, beliefs amounted upon them some what by peer-pressure what we like to say as sangat take good sangat you become good if you go bad you become bad- but you can set up your own mental bubble so you don't let it effect you.

Now people went to people who kept hair and wanted to keep hair. look at the opposite when sikhs first came to a country were people cut hair, people like maharaja dalip singh cut his hair. Cutting hair is a christian, muslim and jewish belief instated it is mandatory if you read those books you will find instructions which tell you to do so however they still kept it long culture wise fashion has changed now they keep it very short. In hinduism you can keep kesh you will find instruction in rig vedas to do so, these days with heresy people going against traditions mandate they do what they want, we are not the taliban to run madrassas to beat children and force them to do things.

You are so confused that it is not even funny.

You say,"The Kesh rehat is stated in guru gobind singh jis maryada upon khalsa initiation. If this is the way you behave with other people how do expect anyone to embrace sikhi at all, they will look at you thinking you are the truest representation of guru gobind singh and run away."

We want the cowards who cannot obey the hukum of Guru Sahib to run away.

You need courage and faith to follow His hukum and we are Singhs who have been

blessed with courage and the strength to call a spade a spade by our Gurus.

Another example of your comprehension skills, " Eating Pizza doesn't convert you to christianity, pizza is a dish mainly from people who were christian."

Stop making a fool of yourself by writing such things which make no sense at all.

Here is another gem from you,"look at the opposite when sikhs first came to a country were people cut hair, people like maharaja dalip singh cut his hair."

For your poor information Maharaja Dalip Singh was forcibily coverted to christianty and his hair was cut by the cruel english.

bro im not sayin u shouldnt be a sikh from the inside . you should be a sikh from the inside n out but if u look not much sikhs r inside sikhs filled with gurbani and not that much r outside sikhs but sggs doesnt tell u rehat it tells u bout god n stuff not rehat. in the rehat it says to keep hair n ye i agree wit u that some ppl do keep there kesh n do bad stuff thas even more embarresment yo shud be sikh from inside n out . ppl r tryin to represnt sikhi to much n not be it . i was in my truck n a guy apna young guy was in front of me in his car i looked at him he had a big khanda on his mirror and he was smoking a cigrette in his hand wat do u think bout that thas not being a sikh from inside or out. thas representing sikhi but is shud be our farz to keep kesh do nitnem go to the gurdaura after all our gurus done for us but we cant even do that n many ppl dont evn no wat our guru did keeping kesh shud be our farz

bro im not sayin u shouldnt be a sikh from the inside . you should be a sikh from the inside n out but if u look not much sikhs r inside sikhs filled with gurbani and not that much r outside sikhs but sggs doesnt tell u rehat it tells u bout god n stuff not rehat. in the rehat it says to keep hair n ye i agree wit u that some ppl do keep there kesh n do bad stuff thas even more embarresment yo shud be sikh from inside n out . ppl r tryin to represnt sikhi to much n not be it . i was in my truck n a guy apna young guy was in front of me in his car i looked at him he had a big khanda on his mirror and he was smoking a cigrette in his hand wat do u think bout that thas not being a sikh from inside or out. thas representing sikhi but is shud be our farz to keep kesh do nitnem go to the gurdaura after all our gurus done for us but we cant even do that n many ppl dont evn no wat our guru did keeping kesh shud be our farz

Very well said, Singha.

But unfortunately this simple message cannot be understood

by the Sikhs who cut their hair and go on the rooftop

shouting that Kesh are not required in Sikhism.

Shamelessness and ungratefulness to the sacrifices of our

ancestors at its height.

Show me where in the shri Guru granth sahib it says one must keep hair to merge with God... I agree amritdhari sikhs must keep hair but our Guru wrote the sggs for everyone not just for sikhs

Who else real exist other than Gursikhs in this world? Tell us where in Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj it says Shabad Guru is the Guru? You only know Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj is the Guru because Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj told you and you only know Satguru told you because......wait for it....wait for it.....it's in Rehat. But don't stop listening to Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj instructions there. Put a big smile on your face, pat yourself on the back and say Satguru I accept your Rehat as well because you (Satguru) said Rehat is more dear to me than the Sikh. We all agree that we need Satguru to merge with Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj and from Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaj to Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj are one and the same, with no distinguishing marks. Now Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj says if you want my (Satguru's) darshan then come to me with uncut hair and shastar, otherwise you will not get my darshan. Since all the Guru's are one and the same then their teachinges are one and if you don't follow one Guru's instructions, then it is equally saying you have not followed the formers or latters instructions. To put it clearly, if you don't keep hair uncut and shastar then you will not get Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj's darshan. I know a lot of you are going to say, what a fool only five is, i get Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj darshan everytime i go to the Gurdwara. I am the biggest fool and should be cleaning all your personal belongings, but darshan here means you will only merge with Satguru, if you come to Satguru with uncut hair and shastar. The instructions are clear, all we have to do is accept them, and Satguru will guide us to start practicing them.

Even muslims, hindus etc can read sggs and merge with God. Hair is not required for them.

I can read the Koran and have been reading it. But now does that mean i will go to paradise just like Muslims? It is by reading, accepting all Hukams and practicing with love, humility and devotion will I become Satguru's Sikh.

When Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaj came on to this world, there was no religion called Sikhi. Everyone was part of a different religion. So if a Muslim or Hindu can read Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj and merge with God, then why didn't Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj leave his followers as Hindus, Muslims or whatever other religion the people came from? Instead Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaj gave Charn Di Pahul to his followers and made them into Sikhs. Why did Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaj say become a Sikh in Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj. Does it say anywhere in Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj that humans need to become Muslims or HIndus of Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj. Why does it only say become the SIkh of the Guru? Also why did Satguru say I am not a Muslim? It is obvious the people that came from different religions left their previous religious practices and started following Sikhi, where they would start to keep hair uncut because Satguru Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji Maharaj has instructed his followers too.

One thing that needs to stop on this forum is the finger pointing. We all don't follow Satguru completely and are full of mistakes. The second we forget Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj is a huge mistake we make, but none of us notice this mistake. If everyone remembered Satguru day and night then everyone would be Amritdhari and we would all follow Rehat. If someone does not want to accept Satguru's Hukam, then help them realize to accept it and if they don't want to be helped, then let them be. We are all are lacking in following Satguru's instructions in one way or another.

The thread was started to knock down people that cut hair. Just few days ago a person was knocking down Amritdharis. There are people on both sides that beat their chest to say i am the highest but both deny Satguru's Hukam. Did such people ever stop to think, how is one person Amritdhari and the other is with cut hair? What did any of them do to be where they are? Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj plays this game and he can make the Amritdhari low (cut his hair) in a second and the person with cut hair into an Amritdhari (make him high)

In my opinion Admins need to close this thread.

I think the best thing to do is to make a sticky topic called 'Sikh Rehatnamas'. In that particular topic, all directives regarding keeping kesh, taking amrit, etc., should be displayed as well as showing who the author of the rehatnama was and the nature of their link to Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

These questions and issues - quite rightly - will always occur during the year as people come to this site to learn about Sikhi according to the individual person's journey in learning more about the faith. To stifle curiosity or even shut-down those who are unaware but do not know how to properly express themselves without causing offence is very counter-productive. Like I've said on previous occasions genuine troublemakers can be spotted a mile off, so I don't think its fair to throw the "devious with intent" alongside the unaware who just want answers.

To be honest, up until a few years ago I was under the impression that the directives for keeping kesh and taking amrit WERE in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji! When I use to hear the word "amrit" in Sukhmani Sahib as a child, I thought "Wow, Guru Arjan Sahib had so much foresight that they knew in the future that Guru Gobind Singh Ji was going to ask Sikhs to take amrit". Shame on me but at that young age I had no idea about metaphors, etc. I took everything I heard at face value.

It was only when I started reading up about rehatnamas and the like, did I realise what the situation is.

So if anyone has links to the rehatnamas regarding kesh and amrit, you know what to do. You also might help me as well as I'd also like to read them again! :biggrin2:

Guest KopSingh

One thing that needs to stop on this forum is the finger pointing. We all don't follow Satguru completely and are full of mistakes. The second we forget Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj is a huge mistake we make, but none of us notice this mistake. If everyone remembered Satguru day and night then everyone would be Amritdhari and we would all follow Rehat. If someone does not want to accept Satguru's Hukam, then help them realize to accept it and if they don't want to be helped, then let them be. We are all are lacking in following Satguru's instructions in one way or another.

The thread was started to knock down people that cut hair. Just few days ago a person was knocking down Amritdharis. There are people on both sides that beat their chest to say i am the highest but both deny Satguru's Hukam. Did such people ever stop to think, how is one person Amritdhari and the other is with cut hair? What did any of them do to be where they are? Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj plays this game and he can make the Amritdhari low (cut his hair) in a second and the person with cut hair into an Amritdhari (make him high)

In my opinion Admins need to close this thread.

erm excuse you wen u say there was 'Just few days ago a person was knocking down Amritdharis', i presume ur barking that rubbish towards me since thats all u kept accusin me of. how many times i did mention that i 'wasnt generalising' n how it was 'some' amritdharis. wat a tool u r man. i was givin my experience of SOME amritdharis here in uk. even on sikh channel ppl like dr gurnam singh on his'panth time' show has said how there seems to be a slight anger from amritdharis towards cut hair sikhs. the original poster gave his opinion of cut hair sikhs, yet i aint gettin offended.

To be honest, up until a few years ago I was under the impression that the directives for keeping kesh and taking amrit WERE in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji! When I use to hear the word "amrit" in Sukhmani Sahib as a child, I thought "Wow, Guru Arjan Sahib had so much foresight that they knew in the future that Guru Gobind Singh Ji was going to ask Sikhs to take amrit". Shame on me but at that young age I had no idea about metaphors, etc. I took everything I heard at face value.

It was only when I started reading up about rehatnamas and the like, did I realise what the situation is.

So if anyone has links to the rehatnamas regarding kesh and amrit, you know what to do. You also might help me as well as I'd also like to read them again! :biggrin2:

Rehat Maryada comes from Gurbani, so the rehat to keep hair and take Amrit has come from Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj. Satguru wrote Rehat Maryada so there is no confusion on what the Guru (Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj) wants from his Sikhs. Today many debates on what a Sikh can do and can't take place. They are all on their own spiritual level and some are very low compared to others and some are high. Many have started their own version of what they think Sikhi is. This takes place because a spiritual low person will not understand Gurbani as Satguru taught Gurmukhs like Baba Deep Singh ji, so they use their intellect to say what they can do and don't have to do. For this Satguru came up with a solution so people don't start twisting Gurbani to suit their way of thinking. The solution was to have Rehat Maryada that directly tells every SIkh, that they must follow Gurmat (Rehat Marayada). This would cause no confusions and Sikhs will continue on learning and adding more of the Rehat Maryada to their lives. As this, today does take place, but many Sikhs today have started putting doubts on Rehat Maryada because their intellect can't understand the reason behind Rehat Maryada, yet Gurbani does say it is right. Everyone is a self-made Saint today and who can we call bad.....they all want to be called teachers........there is a handful of Sikhs left.....everyone else is a Guru with his own palki and chela. Why call Durga bad....when Sikhs have become devis and devta themselves.