Why Do Ppl Cut Their Hair N Follow Sikhi

KARKOOSINGH23

we all r not perfect but the least we can do is keep hair to respect our guru and try to livein his hukam . no1 else has a religon kaum like sikhi so we owe our heads mind everything to Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib Ji Maharaj because look at what our guru did for us if he didt do all that we wouldnt even be here all the brutalities they put up with so we should dedicate our life to Guru Ji and the least we can do is keep hair and not do the four cardinal sins which elimanite us from the sikh panth , keeping hair is a hukam to , and guru ji loved hair more than his own sons life n u just cut it thas how mcuh guru ji cared but ur hair if you a haircut sikh go and stand with hindus n muslims u wont be able to tell what u r hindu or muslim or sikh but if u have a turban n kes u will tell from far away that look a sikhs coming but we also need to be sikhs from inside to outside n inside

You are so confused that it is not even funny.

You say,"The Kesh rehat is stated in guru gobind singh jis maryada upon khalsa initiation. If this is the way you behave with other people how do expect anyone to embrace sikhi at all, they will look at you thinking you are the truest representation of guru gobind singh and run away."

We want the cowards who cannot obey the hukum of Guru Sahib to run away.

You need courage and faith to follow His hukum and we are Singhs who have been

blessed with courage and the strength to call a spade a spade by our Gurus.

Another example of your comprehension skills, " Eating Pizza doesn't convert you to christianity, pizza is a dish mainly from people who were christian."

Stop making a fool of yourself by writing such things which make no sense at all.

Here is another gem from you,"look at the opposite when sikhs first came to a country were people cut hair, people like maharaja dalip singh cut his hair."

For your poor information Maharaja Dalip Singh was forcibily coverted to christianty and his hair was cut by the cruel english.

lol dalip singh picked up christianity he wasn't forced into it, he by his own choice later became sikh. He was a young impressionable boy they didn't hold him down and cut his hair.

Look your not able to comprehend culture and religious difference. But you have your answer to why people cut there hair according to your logic they are confused simple as and just like the taliban they should all be held down and have paags tied on them and forced to do paath.

Mate culture is defined by the way you talk, what you eat, how you dress, things you think like - culture is the difference between a ponce and a chav. Hope you get that?

Please tell me you understand what culture means, what virsa means? If not please go to an english teacher or an intelligent person ask them what culture means, look it up on the internet, look it up in a dictionary. Go find out what the word culture means young boy, after which I will tell you where babies come from.

However ask yourself next do you think only you will go to heaven and the majority of the world who cuts their hair will go to hell and burn and reincarnate until they are born in your family. Or for cutting their hair all christians, hindus, muslims, jews, buddhist will reincarnate to various stages of animals and you need to save them.

Second to do that if not cutting your hair is following his hukam and will why do you cut your nails then?

we all r not perfect but the least we can do is keep hair to respect our guru and try to livein his hukam . no1 else has a religon kaum like sikhi so we owe our heads mind everything to Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib Ji Maharaj because look at what our guru did for us if he didt do all that we wouldnt even be here all the brutalities they put up with so we should dedicate our life to Guru Ji and the least we can do is keep hair and not do the four cardinal sins which elimanite us from the sikh panth , keeping hair is a hukam to , and guru ji loved hair more than his own sons life n u just cut it thas how mcuh guru ji cared but ur hair if you a haircut sikh go and stand with hindus n muslims u wont be able to tell what u r hindu or muslim or sikh but if u have a turban n kes u will tell from far away that look a sikhs coming but we also need to be sikhs from inside to outside n inside

When Guru Tegh Bahadur shaheedi was done people couldn't tell the difference between muslim, hindu and sikh all had beards and a turban. It is difficult sometimes with a turban to see if he has kesh and joora and sometimes between a young singhs small beard and a hindus or muslim trimmed beard. These days with punjab you can't tell the difference with some hindus and sikhs people just randomly put a paag on and randomly keep a bushy looking gelled/tied beard or some randomly keep a beard. Some muslims tie paags some were difficult to distinguish. Part of survival in life is fitting in to the crowd sometimes and when you stand out you can suffer from racism, hatred, lack of opportunies in school, jobs, sports, etc. But we all know you can counter act that.

Who else real exist other than Gursikhs in this world? Tell us where in Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj it says Shabad Guru is the Guru? You only know Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj is the Guru because Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj told you and you only know Satguru told you because......wait for it....wait for it.....it's in Rehat.

ਬਾਣੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਗੁਰੂ ਹੈ ਬਾਣੀ ਵਿਚਿ ਬਾਣੀ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਸਾਰੇ ॥

baaNee guroo, guroo hai baaNee, vich baaNee amrit saare.

The Word, the Baani is Guru, and Guru is the Baani. Within the Baani, the Spiritual-life giving Nectar is contained.

(Ang 982)

ਬਾਣੀ ਗੁਰੂ ਗੁਰੂ ਹੈ ਬਾਣੀ ਵਿਚਿ ਬਾਣੀ ਅੰਮ੍ਰਿਤੁ ਸਾਰੇ ॥

baaNee guroo, guroo hai baaNee, vich baaNee amrit saare.

The Word, the Baani is Guru, and Guru is the Baani. Within the Baani, the Spiritual-life giving Nectar is contained.

(Ang 982)

Before i get into this post. I want to say I am not trying to disapprove that Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj is the Guru. The posters DalbirSingh and Consciousness have been spreading manmat on this thread and have bad mouthing posters that go on Gurmat. Manmat means a person who takes anything in life and then uses his understanding of life to say one practice is right or wrong for him or others. With the above pankti, that the poster DalbirSingh posted, i'm demostrate how toxic manmat is because even by posting the above pankti, DalbirSingh is still using manmat; as he is attaching his understanding to Gurbani. In the above pankti we can clearly see that it says Bani is the Guru and not Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji is the Guru. Remember before Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji Maharaj gave Guruship to Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj, Maharaj was refered to as Adi Granth. Without Rehat you can't call Adi Granth Guru because only Rehat tells us Adi Granth is Guru. So in order to use this pankti, the poster DalbirSingh first has to establish that Adi Granth contains Bani in it. Since the poster DalbirSingh likes using manmat, let's use it against him now. He wants to put everything in rational thought (logic here means to put in perspective of DalbirSingh understanding, after all he thinks his mat is higher than Gurmat). So then it would be right to say, we can't use a claim in a source to say what it is. There needs to be outside evidence to say it is what it states to be. Tomorrow DalbirSingh will claim that he is God, do we all of a sudden start calling him God? (Again using DalbirSIngh manmat against him to show how toxic manmat is and by his own logic, he can't use that as evidence) So by the poster DalbirSingh's own rational thought (or so called rational thought), he cannot use that pankti or any other pankti in Adi Granth, since it is not an outside source. Instead of making DalbirSingh think of an argument i'll give him a hand here. DalbirSingh can come back and say to me that he has faith that Adi Granth is the Guru. Fair enough, but this contradicts his own thinking because faith requires a person to leave "rational" thought and trust based on judgment what is "rational". Let's ask how much faith he has that Adi Granth is the Guru? Since by his own post, he implied that he doesn't need a outside source (that's why he posted the pankti by itself), it's fair to say that it's all faith and he has no rational though going into saying Adi Granth is the Guru. By his manmat (he calls it rational thought, but we just saw how rational it really is) DalbirSingh has destroyed his stand to even have a argument.

One thing is forsure and I'll give him the answer, so he doesn't think i'm hiding anything. IF DalbirSingh presents an outside source, then it can be only the one i have said, where we only know because of this reason that Adi Granth is the Guru. And this source is Rehat. But DalbirSIngh don't present this source because then you just wasted your time proving yourself wrong.

So if anyone else want to give DalbirSingh a hand by using their manmat, then please do so because he at this point has no argument.

Speaking in general....Manmat is very toxic and needs to be abandoned when you step into Sikhi. There is only one mat that can pass the test and that will get you to Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj. Learn Gurmat, memorize Gurmat, and practice Gurmat, then you will meet Sri Vaheguru Ji Maharaj. When the Guru says keep hair uncut then listen and slowly you will attain mat (understanding) of the Guru and then for this practice you can claim i follow Gurmat, my Guru's path.

lol dalip singh picked up christianity he wasn't forced into it, he by his own choice later became sikh. He was a young impressionable boy they didn't hold him down and cut his hair.

Look your not able to comprehend culture and religious difference. But you have your answer to why people cut there hair according to your logic they are confused simple as and just like the taliban they should all be held down and have paags tied on them and forced to do paath.

Mate culture is defined by the way you talk, what you eat, how you dress, things you think like - culture is the difference between a ponce and a chav. Hope you get that?

Please tell me you understand what culture means, what virsa means? If not please go to an english teacher or an intelligent person ask them what culture means, look it up on the internet, look it up in a dictionary. Go find out what the word culture means young boy, after which I will tell you where babies come from.

However ask yourself next do you think only you will go to heaven and the majority of the world who cuts their hair will go to hell and burn and reincarnate until they are born in your family. Or for cutting their hair all christians, hindus, muslims, jews, buddhist will reincarnate to various stages of animals and you need to save them.

Second to do that if not cutting your hair is following his hukam and will why do you cut your nails then?

Your nonsensical answers are making it clear that you have no knowledge of Sikh beliefs.

The debate here is about Sikhs keeping their hair as per the Hukum of Guru Gobind Singh Ji

and you show your immaturity by writing,"However ask yourself next do you think only you will go to heaven

and the majority of the world who cuts their hair will go to hell and burn and reincarnate

until they are born in your family. Or for cutting their hair all christians, hindus, muslims, jews, buddhist

will reincarnate to various stages of animals and you need to save them."

This clearly shows that you are a pakhandi or a pretender who is just being a clown on a Sikh forum.

This fact is further proven beyond any doubt whatsoever when you write," if not cutting your hair is following his hukam and will why do you cut your nails then?"

When Guru Tegh Bahadur shaheedi was done people couldn't tell the difference between muslim, hindu and sikh all had beards and a turban. It is difficult sometimes with a turban to see if he has kesh and joora and sometimes between a young singhs small beard and a hindus or muslim trimmed beard. These days with punjab you can't tell the difference with some hindus and sikhs people just randomly put a paag on and randomly keep a bushy looking gelled/tied beard or some randomly keep a beard. Some muslims tie paags some were difficult to distinguish. Part of survival in life is fitting in to the crowd sometimes and when you stand out you can suffer from racism, hatred, lack of opportunies in school, jobs, sports, etc. But we all know you can counter act that.

The formula for survival in life for cowards and pretenders like you," Part of survival in life is fitting in to the crowd sometimes and when you stand out you can suffer from

racism, hatred, lack of opportunies (whatever that means) in school, jobs, sports, etc

Thi so imp2 reed wit all exampls . Thax 4bein so honest. Do u hav the direct quotes of guru's definition of kes so i cam giv 2ma frens so they kno 2. Cos they telln me it hair on hed= kes . Wher did this full kes thing cam 4m ? 1st i herd it ?

Kesh is a sanskrit word the origins are from vedanta itself it was practiced by sahdus, yogi, monastics for yog traditionally however generally many yogis sitting like shiva the deeper meditator get knots the key difference would be dastar and kangha but some argue these were practised even by rajputs. Kesh is still a mandate in Sikhi however the understanding of why is butchered by people they make things up and follow it blindly.