Why Do Ppl Cut Their Hair N Follow Sikhi

KARKOOSINGH23

I’m glad you recognize that you need an outside source to say Adi Granth is Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj. Yet i still see your manmat coming out by missing the point of proving Adi Granth has Bani in it, but atleast its a step forward from a deeper manmat stand then before. In no way do i hate you or am targeting you or the poster consciousness as the poster concsiousness is suggesting. What is being targeted is the manmat understanding of Sikhi, that you both present.

I guess i should have provided more detail when the definition of manmat was provided in my post. I assumed that you didn’t need the detailed definition since, you learn from people who you refer to as gyanis. Here it is and I’ll go through it phrase by phrase for you:

Manmat means a person - Straight forward, no further explanation needed

who takes anything in life – This is where i made bit of an assumption, so I apology for that. By this it is meant from being born to our last breath, we need to watch what we do and the reason behind it. For something to be in Gurmat the reason and action need to be approved by the Guru not just the action. Examples of this would be eating, drinking, clothing, where we go, who we go with, how we speak, etc

and then uses his understanding of life – The key word in this phrase is “his”. This is where i made the biggest assumption that you would understand what “his” means here. Again i apology for not being clear and causing you to think the definition is wrong. “His” is a identity mark that we create to define where the idea or understanding came from. Now put “his” in the context of Sikhi and “his” now identifies the ego of a person. Meaning the person has ego in them and this is causing the person to use “his” (in more detail: know to be the ego) understanding of life.......

to say one practice is right or wrong for him or others. – Last phrase here shows that the action is manmat because the person used his ego to come up with a reason to say a practice is right or wrong.

Many others also present manmat, even the side that accepts hair uncut is a Hukam for all Sikhs, but for some reason they and like minded poster like DalbirSingh and Consciousness want to give some made up reason behind keeping hair uncut. The link you gave to Dr. Sarbjeet Singh Sidhu also shows he does this, but he takes it further and complete slanders Gurmat. You providing that link implies you like his way of thinking/ideas (his manmat), which means you prefer to think in this way. One example would be saying look at how Bhai Taru Singh ji rather have his scalp cut, then let his hair be cut. This incident is in hindsight (Amrit was given in 1699 and Bhai Taru Singh incident happened later) and is not a reason for keeping hair uncut, but a proof of the reason, how important hair uncut is to Gurmukhs. I know many who believe in keeping hair uncut will object to this, but before you do. Ask yourself what was the reason for Bhai Taru Singh ji to keep hair uncut?

This is where I’m be frank with you. Do you understand all of Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj? Obviously the answer is no you don’t understand all, if you did, then you would be a Brahmgyani. What you mean by your above sentence is that for you, Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj does not explicitly state keeping hair uncut is a must. Again i’m be frank with you. Who made your understanding the highest? Last sentence and the most important sentence in my post. Start learning Sikhi from Brahmgyanis and your ego will be killed and the understanding that Rehat comes from Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj will come to you.

Your definition of manmat and gutmat are wrong go open another thread ask everyone what it is... You are allowing your ignorance of understanding gurmat make you manmat if anything your spreading manmat yourself. Guru maharaj teaches you don't do nindya and you do it again and again that is manmat. Sorry if you think your the only gurmukh and going to heaven while everyone will burn but you are not understanding why? Mate we are not muslims, in which everything is do and don't do like the 10 commandments there are certain things which gurbani doesn't state but it gives you the paths of understandings i.e. the perfect teacher. Gurbani doesn't tell you how to set your alarm clock or how to use your phone, gurbani doesn't tell you to wear nike shoes or check out girls or to subscribe to a certain broadband package. If you say it does your using manmat as you said and not gurmat. We all know it is Sikh rehat maryada to keep kesh, however do you think someone becomes a Sikh in one day?

Do you know what sahjadhari means? Sahjadhari is an understanding of someone looking to try and become the full thing one day it is a process of learning and organic growth. If you chase after a sajhadhari saying they are not a sikh they might go to another religion. If you don't love and embrace others how to expect them to become a Sikh. You need to look in the mirror and look at your own flaws before you say this guy ain't sikh they ain't sikh and everyone is doing manmat like muslims shout kaffir kaffir kuffr... You talk like a taliban extremist nutter take a chill pill your a singh read bani and understand it properly. You got a lot of growing up to do.

I have told your guru granth sahib doesn't explicity state don't cut your hair but it doesn't mean you can't.

You know there is a world beyond binary logic of Yes and No. Absolute logic is one means of thought compared to relative logic. Muslims, jews and christians think and practice in binary logic.

An example is 2 + 2= 4 and 2 + 2 does not = 5 only the first is right second is wrong.

Relative fuzzy logic

1+ 1= 2 and 1+ 1 = 11 now if you think in binary logic only the first is right. However both statements are right in base 10 the first statement is right and in base 2 (binary) is right. Now with the assumption of base is given, say both are base 1 then both statements are false.

Basically not everything is black and white there is a gray region.

And for you that does not mean everything is Manmat and Gurmat or Believer and non-believer (kaffir). The muslims are wrong about this one go and tell your friends as well.

There is more then right and wrong, what do you do when you have to choose between 2 evils which one is right? These dilemmas come all the time.

There are stages between manmat and gurmat it takes time to develop to a gursikh, you need to learn and grow just like the end of japji teaches there are various khands, dharam khand, and the best is sach khand.

Your definition of manmat and gutmat are wrong go open another thread ask everyone what it is... You are allowing your ignorance of understanding gurmat make you manmat if anything your spreading manmat yourself. Guru maharaj teaches you don't do nindya and you do it again and again that is manmat. Sorry if you think your the only gurmukh and going to heaven while everyone will burn but you are not understanding why? Mate we are not muslims, in which everything is do and don't do like the 10 commandments there are certain things which gurbani doesn't state but it gives you the paths of understandings i.e. the perfect teacher. Gurbani doesn't tell you how to set your alarm clock or how to use your phone, gurbani doesn't tell you to wear nike shoes or check out girls or to subscribe to a certain broadband package. If you say it does your using manmat as you said and not gurmat. We all know it is Sikh rehat maryada to keep kesh, however do you think someone becomes a Sikh in one day?

Do you know what sahjadhari means? Sahjadhari is an understanding of someone looking to try and become the full thing one day it is a process of learning and organic growth. If you chase after a sajhadhari saying they are not a sikh they might go to another religion. If you don't love and embrace others how to expect them to become a Sikh. You need to look in the mirror and look at your own flaws before you say this guy ain't sikh they ain't sikh and everyone is doing manmat like muslims shout kaffir kaffir kuffr... You talk like a taliban extremist nutter take a chill pill your a singh read bani and understand it properly. You got a lot of growing up to do.

I have told your guru granth sahib doesn't explicity state don't cut your hair but it doesn't mean you can't.

You know there is a world beyond binary logic of Yes and No. Absolute logic is one means of thought compared to relative logic. Muslims, jews and christians think and practice in binary logic.

An example is 2 + 2= 4 and 2 + 2 does not = 5 only the first is right second is wrong.

Relative fuzzy logic

1+ 1= 2 and 1+ 1 = 11 now if you think in binary logic only the first is right. However both statements are right in base 10 the first statement is right and in base 2 (binary) is right. Now with the assumption of base is given, say both are base 1 then both statements are false.

Basically not everything is black and white there is a gray region.

And for you that does not mean everything is Manmat and Gurmat or Believer and non-believer (kaffir). The muslims are wrong about this one go and tell your friends as well.

There is more then right and wrong, what do you do when you have to choose between 2 evils which one is right? These dilemmas come all the time.

There are stages between manmat and gurmat it takes time to develop to a gursikh, you need to learn and grow just like the end of japji teaches there are various khands, dharam khand, and the best is sach khand.

So much of a discussion with a person who is full of negative emotions and the whole post is filled with accusation without merit. What is there left to discuss with you now! Nothing So I have nothing to add to what i wrote before. One thing i will say is that i never did nindiya, it's your way to drag other non issues here so everything gets side tracked.

You have your views and i'm keep learning from Gurmukhs. This keeps both of us happy. No need to get upset because deep down you think your right and what i say can't harm you. You slander me throughout your post by calling me a Muslim and fanatic and do you see me getting upset. Rationally i would be the upset one and you calm. So take a deep breath and keep doing what you think is right and i'm keep listening to Gurmukhs katha on Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj and keep follow Rehat Maryada. Again we are both happy.

Dalbirsingh Ji

There is no reason to be that aggressive and accusative.

Being humble is a quality that we all have to focus on.

Nimrata or humility is a virtue that is heavily mentioned in the Guru granth sahib.

We all , even in times of rage should try and be forgiving and humble.

It takes alot of effort and time for someone to gain almost complete humility. Living the gurmat way and adhering to the teachings in the bani helps us to achieve this along with conquering our Ego.

With regards to the original question about a person with cut hair.

Know someone with cut hair still has the right to call themself a follower of sikhi but not as much as someone baptised (amritdhari), who is living in the image of the khalsa and hence Guru Gobind Singh.

However that amrithdhari or infact anyone NEVER gains the status to judge anyone.

Only God is the TRUE JUDGE.

Now, tell me who is most likely to become one with God. 1) A baptised Sikh (amrithdhari) who is running a gossip column in a newspaper and continuosly making jokes and dabbs at others. -In effect he does hurt these guys feelings even though they may have done something outrageous to be mocked at.

2) A learning Sikh who is not baptised and still has cut hair, eats meat but this person at heart- never ever trys to mock,insult, mickey take anyone as he doesn't wish to hurt anyones feelings.

He works below the guy running the gossip column. The Sikh in (1) above also makes jokes and jibes at this guy who he feels is beneath him as he has no kesh.

Like I say we don't have any right to judge, but it seems that if the world came to an end at once and both guys died, I reckon the one with the cut hair is going to stand a better chance of being ONE with GOD.

Gurfateh

So much of a discussion with a person who is full of negative emotions and the whole post is filled with accusation without merit. What is there left to discuss with you now! Nothing So I have nothing to add to what i wrote before. One thing i will say is that i never did nindiya, it's your way to drag other non issues here so everything gets side tracked.

You have your views and i'm keep learning from Gurmukhs. This keeps both of us happy. No need to get upset because deep down you think your right and what i say can't harm you. You slander me throughout your post by calling me a Muslim and fanatic and do you see me getting upset. Rationally i would be the upset one and you calm. So take a deep breath and keep doing what you think is right and i'm keep listening to Gurmukhs katha on Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj and keep follow Rehat Maryada. Again we are both happy.

You know in the time of the Misls the bhangi sardars felt consuming bhang was gurmat and they wouldn't see anyone elses point, then other sardars felt eating meat was while other said being veggeterian is gurmat. Only Guru can say what is and what isn't,

If one guy kept kesh killed masses and raped women say kps gill and someone like mother teresa who helped people all over who were struggling in life are you going to tell me kps gill is going to heaven and mother teresa going nerag for helping all those people and not keeping kesh? Well I am sorry if you think I am negative and you are the most positive person in the world, since you can only be the best person the whole world has seen right.

If there is anything I can prescribe it would be memorise Guru Granth Sahib everyone from every religion in high numbers have memorised there books look at christians and muslims who know everything out of there own holy books. The only way to memorise guru granth sahib is to read it again, and again and again. Read it for yourself at least from first ang to the last 1430 from start to finish at least once. Do yourself a favour do it little by little, complete japji sahib go to sri raag make your way all the way to guru tegh bahadur mahal 9 and raag mala. It is not hard then quote again and again. Then you can question translations go to mahan kosh understand bhai gurdas ji vaaran, kabit swaiye, rehat marayda, dasam granth, suraj prakash and janamsakhis. Now the authenticity of the rehatnama are put to question people question did people keep kesh before guru gobind singh if you don't know the texts how are you going to argue it. You need to know all these scriptures and gurbani in depth there is no point calling this and that pakhand, kuffar, bedbi and manmat if you don't understand the spirtual contemplation and the nature of it. Read Guru Granth Sahib you owe it to yourself. It has never been so easy to as it is in our generation go to http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.gurbani?S=y