Why Do Ppl Cut Their Hair N Follow Sikhi

KARKOOSINGH23

Keeping kesh is a responsibility as an Amritdhari. Not everyone is willing to accept the sacrifice.

Agree that biggest problem/barrier is the Western lifestyle - portrayed in magazines, films, TV etc. Second biggest problem is lack of education - from parents, from Gurdwaras, from fellow Sikhs.

Yet do not look down on those who have cut their hair but still choose to matha tek to the Guru. They may not be Amritdhari, but they are still souls who have remained within the broad fold of Sikhi.

Is hair required for a sikh amritdari? - Yes

Is hair required to merge with God? - No

Does God love people who keep their hair more than those who don't? - No

Does keeping hair increase your love for God? - No

So why do sikh amritdaris keep hair? - Because our Guru told us to.. If part of the amrit ceremony required us to cut our arm or head off then we must do so. We must have faith in what our Guru sahib says - Our Logic can not have any say.

So why do sikh amritdaris keep hair? - Because our Guru told us to.. If part of the amrit ceremony required us to cut our arm or head off then we must do so. We must have faith in what our Guru sahib says - Our Logic can not have any say.

So what about Sikhs who are not Amtitdhari?

TALK LOGICAL,man.

So what about Sikhs who are not Amtitdhari?

TALK LOGICAL,man.

According to Guru sahib , Amrit is the passport for Sachkhand and Amritdhari person don't go to Dharam Raja for lekha. By Amritdhari i mean with full rehat and Nitnem .I mean if Non Amritdhari person dies. He go to Dharam Raja , Then dharam Raja decides where to send him , i mean swarg , narak or earth. Dharam raja may send to diff 84 lakh junis as well. Suppose If a very evil person dies then according to Dharam Raja rules, he may go to narak. But if same person comes in sangat of sadhu and he gets Amrit. If He is serious with rehat and Nitnem then Guru sahib can wash his many sins.Guru sahib can again send him in human form to pay for his sins and do bhgati as well. This why we see many gurskihs having difficult times because they have to repay the debt.But Dhram raja has to follow rules.

The most imprtant case , suppose if person has no lekha left and he is not amritdhari then according to rules He has to go to Dharam raja and the dharam raja will again send him to earth

As per i have listen to mahapurush , person can not go to sachkhand unless he is Amritdhari even though person is doing bhagti all his life. he has to take Amrit to enter in Sachkhand.

Otherwise for normal sikh who is not Amritdhari and do Nitenm , seva. Everything is same. You will get what you want. Guru Shaib will love you same. and if you did something wrong, you can wash that with Gurbani. But thing change when someone dies. Then starts the diff betwenn Amritdhari and Non Amritdhari

Its like taking admission in reputed college where they have strict discipline and when u complete degree u will get direct job placement in Big COmpany.

Now if you don't get admission in that college , you can still take private tutions etc. But you will be sent back from company placement as you didn't fulfil requirement.

It does not mean that ur effort gets wasted , when u take take admission and according to your intellect , you can directly go to 7 class or other . but you have to go through that door either now or after millions of janam to complete the Game.

According to Guru sahib , Amrit is the passport for Sachkhand and Amritdhari person don't go to Dharam Raja for lekha. By Amritdhari i mean with full rehat and Nitnem .I mean if Non Amritdhari person dies. He go to Dharam Raja , Then dharam Raja decides where to send him , i mean swarg , narak or earth. Dharam raja may send to diff 84 lakh junis as well. Suppose If a very evil person dies then according to Dharam Raja rules, he may go to narak. But if same person comes in sangat of sadhu and he gets Amrit. If He is serious with rehat and Nitnem then Guru sahib can wash his many sins.Guru sahib can again send him in human form to pay for his sins and do bhgati as well. This why we see many gurskihs having difficult times because they have to repay the debt.But Dhram raja has to follow rules.

The most imprtant case , suppose if person has no lekha left and he is not amritdhari then according to rules He has to go to Dharam raja and the dharam raja will again send him to earth

As per i have listen to mahapurush , person can not go to sachkhand unless he is Amritdhari even though person is doing bhagti all his life. he has to take Amrit to enter in Sachkhand.

Otherwise for normal sikh who is not Amritdhari and do Nitenm , seva. Everything is same. You will get what you want. Guru Shaib will love you same. and if you did something wrong, you can wash that with Gurbani. But thing change when someone dies. Then starts the diff betwenn Amritdhari and Non Amritdhari

Its like taking admission in reputed college where they have strict discipline and when u complete degree u will get direct job placement in Big COmpany.

Now if you don't get admission in that college , you can still take private tutions etc. But you will be sent back from company placement as you didn't fulfil requirement.

It does not mean that ur effort gets wasted , when u take take admission and according to your intellect , you can directly go to 7 class or other . but you have to go through that door either now or after millions of janam to complete the Game.

Ask your mahapurush when he told you,"person can not go to sachkhand unless he is Amritdhari even though person is doing bhagti all his life. he has to take Amrit to enter in

Sachkhand."where does it says this in Guru Granth Sahib ji.

Its not written in SGGSJ but i think its mentioned in Book "Se Kinehya" A Books based on life of Brahamgynai sant Harnam Singh JI Rampur Khera wale where they told that mother of sant baba Atar Singh ji was sent back on earth by Dharam Raja as she has not taken Amrit , even though She had great Bhagti and was mother of great great Brahmgyani. Then she wakew up after death before saskar then sant ji asked them why she came back and she told that dharam sent her back. Its also stated that at that time 20,000 people took Amrit.

Also When Bhai nand Lal ji asked for small space in Guru Gobind Singh sahib charan then Guru Shai told him that i can't even give you space of needle becaus eyou have not taken Amrit.

There are many many examples like that. If you read boooks "Se Kinehya" , you many more doubts will be cleared

So when did a Sikh who follows the rehat of the Guru become a hyphenated Sikh? Amritdhari Sikh =Sikh. Less than Amritdhari Sikh = hyphenated-Sikh.

A respectful Sikh no matter at what stage of being a Sehajdhari would respect Guru enough to understand that "Sikh=Amritdhari Sikh" a non-Amritdhari Sikh would be hyphenated-Sikh. This is not saying someone is better, less, more etc....but simple truth and respect for our Guru re the essence of a Sikh that we as a punjabi buffoon culture have tried to distort to justify our weaknesses.

(buffoon adjective is not directed to the poster personally here at all but all of us and our entire culture who have adopted this ideology).

i was brought up with cut-hair, but before i decide to grow my hair i kes i would like to conqour many other a personal demon

what order I take my steps towards the guru is not to be judged by any other then akalpurakh, my physical declaration of faith is between myself and waheguru - some peoples views expressed here are far beyond warped and show little compassion for people who are begining their spiritual journey or have not come across the grace of the guru ....YET.

more focus should given to how to waken the spiritual soul of the kaum and how to get them to participate in positive social and charitable events run by sikh sevadar - waheguru will do the rest!

i was brought up with cut-hair, but before i decide to grow my hair i kes i would like to conqour many other a personal demon

what order I take my steps towards the guru is not to be judged by any other then akalpurakh, my physical declaration of faith is between myself and waheguru - some peoples views expressed here are far beyond warped and show little compassion for people who are begining their spiritual journey or have not come across the grace of the guru ....YET.

more focus should given to how to waken the spiritual soul of the kaum and how to get them to participate in positive social and charitable events run by sikh sevadar - waheguru will do the rest!

I was in same situation as you are. if you really want to become Gurskih but don't have courage to do it , then best way is to sewa at Gurudwara sahib and stay as clsoe as to some mahapurush.

Its not easy and you can't do it alone. Everyone was saying to me to become Gurskih but i didn't wanted to. But i stayed close to some mahapaurush and whenevr i get sometime i do thier sewa and in gruudwara sahib. They really liked me and i don't how it hapened and my mind got chnaged. I am frankly telling you i didn't wanted to become Gurskih and its all guru shaib kirpa and mahapurush Ardass that i am Gurskih today. Try to do as much sewa as possible and every thing will happen automatically , you don't even need to think how this will happen

@DalbirSingh,"We live in a majority abrahamic world christianity, judaism and islam abraham gave the order to trim hair, however also said keep it long with a beard however right now fashion is trimming it. Abraham expressed it as a duty to cut hair, so we live with a different tradition who imposes it's values on the majority, just like eating meat. So the argument is which is older and so forth. In many ways our failure to read the ancient indian traditions and our own to preserve our knowledge we can't quote rehats ourself."

Another example of your confused mindset.

What has the abrahamic world to do with Sikhism.

The laws you live under are reflected in the culture, media and law systems. When sikhs lived under mughal law the shariah was imposed and it restricts certain things, behaviour, language, art, dress. We had persian systems and writings people learnt persian and islamic legends since it was the normal thing of that time. Living in a christian country many people are cut hair when compared to an islamic country where people love prophet muhammad and turban hence the turban is respected more. Look into the nature of culture. Like right now you speak english, you use english logic such as insulting people when you don't understand things. You use english legends, tv, english fashion - nike shoes etc.