Why Do Ppl Cut Their Hair N Follow Sikhi

KARKOOSINGH23

We are talking about the importance of keeping hair in Sikhism. So just stick to the point and do not try to confuse yourself and others

by giving illogical and pointless arguments.

Go read gurbani read about the mention of krishna, shiva, mahabharta. You show signs of not understanding the difference of culture and religion. Culture changes with time, religious beliefs are indicated. Sikhism doesn't prescribe to eat parantha forever, food + art+ language change with time. In 25 years a language changes, in 25 miles a language changes. Hence fashion changes, the huge fashion trend is clashing with a religious belief system as is an older religious system (abrahamic traditions) which have made themselves cultural clashing with the kesh belief (sabat sorat vs sunnah). Musical instruments change with time. I am sorry if you are unable to comprehend this stuff, I advise you start from basics of reading books with nursery books. Jack and the beanstalk is a good one to start with.

Is hair required for a sikh amritdari? - Yes

Is hair required to merge with God? - No

Does God love people who keep their hair more than those who don't? - No

Does keeping hair increase your love for God? - No

So why do sikh amritdaris keep hair? - Because our Guru told us to.. If part of the amrit ceremony required us to cut our arm or head off then we must do so. We must have faith in what our Guru sahib says - Our Logic can not have any say.

I agree!

Go read gurbani read about the mention of krishna, shiva, mahabharta. You show signs of not understanding the difference of culture and religion. Culture changes with time, religious beliefs are indicated. Sikhism doesn't prescribe to eat parantha forever, food + art+ language change with time. In 25 years a language changes, in 25 miles a language changes. Hence fashion changes, the huge fashion trend is clashing with a religious belief system as is an older religious system (abrahamic traditions) which have made themselves cultural clashing with the kesh belief (sabat sorat vs sunnah). Musical instruments change with time. I am sorry if you are unable to comprehend this stuff, I advise you start from basics of reading books with nursery books. Jack and the beanstalk is a good one to start with.

I thought that that you had only a confused mind but with this post you have proven your problem is much more serious.

Writing stuff like"Sikhism doesn't prescribe to eat parantha forever", shows that you are not even aware what you are writing.

You weak character and lack of faith in Sikhism is highlighted by your comment," the huge fashion trend is clashing with a religious belief system as is an older religious system (abrahamic traditions)" A Sikh is not influenced by fashions and older religious systems. Sikhs have always been trend setters and not trend followers.

You have not even an iota of understanding of the basics of the Sikh beliefs as indicated in your previous post where you wrote “Also Guru Granth Sahib does not explicity forbid not cutting hair.”

yo r u ok ? if u cut your hair u CANNOT MERGE WITH GOD understand . its gods hukam to keep hair ad if u disobey his hukam u except to meet him thats sounds right ? guru and god r the same and u need to be amritshuk there r some ppl who have not taken amrit n met god but those r specail cases n if u look at any religous leader they all kept their kesh because it gods hukam n u no need to keep kesh we can still meet god , next it will be no need to stop doing drugs we can meet god and so on u need to keep kesh its wahegurus gift

they go to pubs n clubs n call them selves sikhs

they cut their hair n call them selves sikhs

they do drugs n eat meant n call them selves sikhs

this is all wrong u aint even near sikh either be sikh , try to be sikh , or u r a sikh thers no middle in between . You're ditching you great reilgon which you will never find anywhere else for popularity , to fit in , y ? go back to the path of sikhi ot to the path of maya . ur born into a sikh family so behave like a sikh or atleast try once some1 does the 4 cardinal sins hes cannot be called a sikh anymore

Show me where in the shri Guru granth sahib it says one must keep hair to merge with God... I agree amritdhari sikhs must keep hair but our Guru wrote the sggs for everyone not just for sikhs. Even muslims, hindus etc can read sggs and merge with God. Hair is not required for them. However if one takes amrit from punj piarea then they must keep hair. Our religion is universal.. We are not christians who say that if you don't believe in jesus as your saviour you will go to hell..we are not muslims who say only their way is the right way.

Otherwise it becomes a battle of the egos. My God is pure unconditional love and he does not hate people with cut hair. I am not a sikh by choice 'he' has made me. You can't say all people who have cut hair go to clubs, drink etc. I know amazing people who cut their hair and are so wise and full of love. I see no difference between amritdhari sikhs, sikhs who cut their hair, muslims, hindus, jews etc.

Remember if one wants to attain rom rom simran then he must see God in all. Not just in amritdhari sikhs.

The funny thing is that you have not noticed that God is everyone.. there is only him. The superimposition of the nirgun to sargun as we call it atma. God is everything and everyone - he is the murder, rapist, a saint etc. He is also everything. So technically you never merge with him but you realise through gyan that you are him. Hair is not required..We only give God anthropomorphic qualities so we can understand him.

Saints or people who say without hair you can't meet God are saying that so you can stay solid in the sikh religion and keep your hair and faith. If they only believe by keeping hair one realises God then they are NOT a saint.

Show me where in the shri Guru granth sahib it says one must keep hair to merge with God... I agree amritdhari sikhs must keep hair but our Guru wrote the sggs for everyone not just for sikhs. Even muslims, hindus etc can read sggs and merge with God. Hair is not required for them. However if one takes amrit from punj piarea then they must keep hair. Our religion is universal.. We are not christians who say that if you don't believe in jesus as your saviour you will go to hell..we are not muslims who say only their way is the right way.

Otherwise it becomes a battle of the egos. My God is pure unconditional love and he does not hate people with cut hair. I am not a sikh by choice 'he' has made me. You can't say all people who have cut hair go to clubs, drink etc. I know amazing people who cut their hair and are so wise and full of love. I see no difference between amritdhari sikhs, sikhs who cut their hair, muslims, hindus, jews etc.

Remember if one wants to attain rom rom simran then he must see God in all. Not just in amritdhari sikhs.

The funny thing is that you have not noticed that God is everyone.. there is only him. The superimposition of the nirgun to sargun as we call it atma. God is everything and everyone - he is the murder, rapist, a saint etc. He is also everything. So technically you never merge with him but you realise through gyan that you are him. Hair is not required..We only give God anthropomorphic qualities so we can understand him.

Saints or people who say without hair you can't meet God are saying that so you can stay solid in the sikh religion and keep your hair and faith. If they only believe by keeping hair one realises God then they are NOT a saint.

We are talking about Sikhism here. You are again being foolish by saying" Hair is not required...."

This may be in the case of non sikhs but not for SIKHS.

We as Sikhs have to follow the hukum of our Gurus and keep hair and that is it.

No ifs, no buts.

I thought that that you had only a confused mind but with this post you have proven your problem is much more serious.

Writing stuff like"Sikhism doesn't prescribe to eat parantha forever", shows that you are not even aware what you are writing.

You weak character and lack of faith in Sikhism is highlighted by your comment," the huge fashion trend is clashing with a religious belief system as is an older religious system (abrahamic traditions)" A Sikh is not influenced by fashions and older religious systems. Sikhs have always been trend setters and not trend followers.

You have not even an iota of understanding of the basics of the Sikh beliefs as indicated in your previous post where you wrote “Also Guru Granth Sahib does not explicity forbid not cutting hair.”

Listen stop doing nindya here and talk properly you are only showing your own ignorance. Give every quote that explicitly (with no question full stop) tells you in guru granth not to cut hair. Secondly most people translate the word "rom" wrong it's origins are from sanskrit it means molecules go ask a few people to verify the ignorance you posses (an ignorant person in punjabi is called a moorakh). Just look at all the sikhs who think they are kaala or gangster that is culture.

The Kesh rehat is stated in guru gobind singh jis maryada upon khalsa initiation. If this is the way you behave with other people how do expect anyone to embrace sikhi at all, they will look at you thinking you are the truest representation of guru gobind singh and run away.

Now the point you don't understand I will have to expand onto. Before you go further benti go get a dictionary and look up the words "religion" and the word "culture" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion

http://dictionary.re...browse/religion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Culture

http://dictionary.re.../browse/culture

dharam and virsa are separate things. Virsa does mix with dharam however virsa changes such as bhangra boliyan we are not doing the same bhangra boliya our ancestors did. RDB's bhangra compared to the standard bhangra from 500 years ago are different. Just look at footwear what different shoes are worn, chappal designs have changed over time. Sikhi stays firm throughout time. Food is a part of culture - you don't have to be sikh to eat the punjabi dish paranthas loads of hindus, christians, buddhists and muslims eat them. Some sikhs don't eat them but eat italian dishes such as pizza or paste. Eating Pizza doesn't convert you to christianity, pizza is a dish mainly from people who were christian.

Now to break down the thing your not getting is guru gobind singh said "raj bina dharam nai chalda"- Guru Gobind Singh in his time was the equaivalent of a raja people gained sikhi from him. In sikh raj, maharaja ranjit singh was a the king who ruled a sikh rule. Everyone who came to his court had to wear a turban. He made many hindus into sikhs in his rule even europeans became sikh. People have dress, ethics, beliefs amounted upon them some what by peer-pressure what we like to say as sangat take good sangat you become good if you go bad you become bad- but you can set up your own mental bubble so you don't let it effect you.

Now people went to people who kept hair and wanted to keep hair. look at the opposite when sikhs first came to a country were people cut hair, people like maharaja dalip singh cut his hair. Cutting hair is a christian, muslim and jewish belief instated it is mandatory if you read those books you will find instructions which tell you to do so however they still kept it long culture wise fashion has changed now they keep it very short. In hinduism you can keep kesh you will find instruction in rig vedas to do so, these days with heresy people going against traditions mandate they do what they want, we are not the taliban to run madrassas to beat children and force them to do things.

We are talking about Sikhism here. You are again being foolish by saying" Hair is not required...."

This may be in the case of non sikhs but not for SIKHS.

We as Sikhs have to follow the hukum of our Gurus and keep hair and that is it.

No ifs, no buts.

Paṯ viṇ pūjā saṯ viṇ sanjam jaṯ viṇ kāhe jane▫ū. Worship without faith; self-discipline without truthfulness; the ritual of the sacred thread without chastity - what good are these?

Nāvhu ḏẖovahu ṯilak cẖaṛāvahu sucẖ viṇ socẖ na ho▫ī. ||6|| You may bathe and wash, and apply a ritualistic tilak mark to your forehead, but without inner purity, there is no understanding. ||6||

SGGS ANG 903

Page 39, Line 9

ਮਨਿ ਮੈਲੈ ਭਗਤਿ ਨ ਹੋਵਈ ਨਾਮੁ ਨ ਪਾਇਆ ਜਾਇ ॥

मनि मैलै भगति न होवई नामु न पाइआ जाइ ॥

Man mailai bẖagaṯ na hova▫ī nām na pā▫i▫ā jā▫e.

With a polluted mind, devotional service cannot be performed, and the Naam, the Name of the Lord, cannot be obtained.

Guru Amar Das

Maharaj also says that people have a false outward identity of being holy but inside are liers full of corruption and falsehood.

If you want to know the arth of why kesh the reason is to do with isht, you can attain certain khands without kesh.

they go to pubs n clubs n call them selves sikhs

they cut their hair n call them selves sikhs

they do drugs n eat meant n call them selves sikhs

this is all wrong u aint even near sikh either be sikh , try to be sikh , or u r a sikh thers no middle in between . You're ditching you great reilgon which you will never find anywhere else for popularity , to fit in , y ? go back to the path of sikhi ot to the path of maya . ur born into a sikh family so behave like a sikh or atleast try once some1 does the 4 cardinal sins hes cannot be called a sikh anymore

You do know you can find loads of keshdhari sikhs who do drugs, go to clubs, have loads of sexual relations, who drink loads, gamble, steal, cheat, murder and commit loads of crime. Sikhi starts from inside first naam japna and doing nitnem hold high importance what is the point of keeping kesh if you don't do paath or commit endless number of sins. As the truest Sikh you are I guess you have never lied and always done lots of humanitarian work feed poor people, helped the ill, respected all elders. Worked very hard doing loads of charity.