Ravidassia'S Friend Or Foes Of Sikhs?

genie

They are not sikh dalbir I had a discussion with some last year, they dont follow rehat maryada, they call bhagat ravidass ji guru instead of bhagat, they have their own sign, salutation, their own place of pilgramage every year they have a train service and millions go to the place of ravidass ji birth.

I said how can you take bani out of guru granth sahib and they said only part of bhagat ravidass ji's work is in there and there is much more out there, even so I accepted this and as for the vienna murder the guys claimed they were sikh and sikh dont have caste eitherway they were bankrolled by us so I did not have a leg to stand on but if you ask are they friend or foes .... i dont see any anti sikh in them more so they are concentrating on their own beliefs and as sikhs we should respect this.

Its not something new anyway, this whole movement has been going on nearly a century now and it was inevitable this would happen. You got to remember alot of it was due to discrimination but there are way way more chamars in other states who respect bhagat ravidass ji too and they are not sikh and refer to him as guru or sant.

Question should be are the Sikhs enmies of Ravdass followers. Sikhs in General have not accepted low caste people into Sikhi because they themselves are not Sikhs just Images of Sikhs. I would say 99.9% of Sikhs are this way. Sikhs could not stay Sikhs after Guru Gobind SinghJee they slowly went back to what they were before all the Guru's. Only they retained the name of Sikh panth and some kept their turbans and beards some did not. In general Sikhs are mearly turbaned Hindus confused in their own mind.

for sitting above sri guru granth sahib ji and with his back facing guruji...when people were walking in..they would matha tek him and not maharaaj...he was warned many times...but didnt listen...and the funniest thing about it is..it was singhs from a chamar background who took him out...yet dera balaan still managed to blame so called higher caste sikhs...

Can you stop talking about castes here.

When are you going to change your stupid mindset?

Just keep it simple and say that Singhs took him out and not, "it was singhs from a chamar background"

Can you stop talking about castes here.

When are you going to change your stupid mindset?

Just keep it simple and say that Singhs took him out and not, "it was singhs from a chamar background"

i dont believe in caste..and only provided their family background to make a point...that they were singhs from the ravidasiya community that popped him off...whereas dera ballan claimed so called higher caste had killed ramanand...stop picking at my comments and looking for a fight...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• yeh it's true, we shouldn't be lazy and need to learn jhatka shikaar. It doesn't help some of grew up in surrounding areas like Slough and Southall where everyone thought it was super bad for amrit dharis to eat meat, and they were following Sant babas and jathas, and instead the Singhs should have been normalising jhatka just like the recent world war soldiers did. We are trying to rectifiy this and khalsa should learn jhatka.  But I am just writing about bhog for those that are still learning rehit. As I explained, there are all these negative influences in the panth that talk against rehit, but this shouldn't deter us from taking khanda pahul, no matter what level of rehit we are!
    • How is it going to help? The link is of a Sikh hunter. Fine, but what good does that do the lazy Sikh who ate khulla maas in a restaurant? By the way, for the OP, yes, it's against rehit to eat khulla maas.
    • Yeah, Sikhs should do bhog of food they eat. But the point of bhog is to only do bhog of food which is fit to be presented to Maharaj. It's not maryada to do bhog of khulla maas and pretend it's OK to eat. It's not. Come on, bro, you should know better than to bring this Sakhi into it. Is this Sikh in the restaurant accompanied by Guru Gobind Singh ji? Is he fighting a dharam yudh? Or is he merely filling his belly with the nearest restaurant?  Please don't make a mockery of our puratan Singhs' sacrifices by comparing them to lazy Sikhs who eat khulla maas.
    • Seriously?? The Dhadi is trying to be cute. For those who didn't get it, he said: "Some say Maharaj killed bakras (goats). Some say he cut the heads of the Panj Piyaras. The truth is that they weren't goats. It was she-goats (ਬਕਰੀਆਂ). He jhatka'd she-goats. Not he-goats." Wow. This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever heard in relation to Sikhi.
    • Instead of a 9 inch or larger kirpan, take a smaller kirpan and put it (without gatra) inside your smaller turban and tie the turban tightly. This keeps a kirpan on your person without interfering with the massage or alarming the masseuse. I'm not talking about a trinket but rather an actual small kirpan that fits in a sheath (you'll have to search to find one). As for ahem, "problems", you could get a male masseuse. I don't know where you are, but in most places there are professional masseuses who actually know what they are doing and can really relieve your muscle pains.

Important Information

Terms of Use