Selling Farmland In India

london001

My advice is to not rashly sell the land and reconsider the decision. Secondly I can guarantee if they decide to sell they will get scammed/Played by agents or at least an attempt. Best thing to get most out of money is to stay in Punjab for a while and then find a legitimate buyer on your own who isn't looking to get a steal and then flip it for more money.

Consider: do you want to ever go back to Punjab for vacation, to live or do yOu want to ensure your future generations have a "jard" to keep them tied to Punjab? Just things to consider.

What type of land you have in Punjab.Is it agricultural or residential?

My personal experience is that land prices are going up each month in Punjab

and a time is going to come when you will have money but no land is available.

Prices of agricultural land have shot up 100 percent more in last two years.

where abouts is it and what type .. business (what type)/ Farm land how much / Home ... sq footage ... may know a few legite guys

but as singh 559 said .... best to go and make sure your not getting scamed (tooo many) plus good points raised ... dont you wanna have ties back home? what about renting .. again be careful ... we give it to my family to look after ... if we ever want to sell then we know its ours to sell ... kabja these days is going on all over the shot people go away and come back in 2-3 yrs time and theres someone in their yard!! its been sold to them you have to be careful

pm me a few details

What type of land you have in Punjab.Is it agricultural or residential?

My personal experience is that land prices are going up each month in Punjab

and a time is going to come when you will have money but no land is available.

Prices of agricultural land have shot up 100 percent more in last two years.

This is very true. I'm assuming it's agricultural, with what i've experienced through talking with family in Punjab it's severely looked down upon to sell land for a few reasons. One of the few reasons being what you mentioned, land prices are raising at a steady pace, some areas are more expensive in comparison to the most posh areas in London. For me, i think it's important to keep the land merely to keep some roots back home. Considering you're posting on a Sikh forum, it means you have at least some interest in Sikhi and our history, who knows you may want to move back to Punjab sometime (even if temporarily) when you're older.

Think of all the options, you'd be surprised how much your mindset and thinking about life can change in a period of a couple years...

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all the answers - sorry its taken me so long to reply.

The land is farmland, agricultural, about 3 plots. Dist Jallandhur, but quite far from the city. The main reason my parents wish to sell is they are worried that someone will take it over and scam us. We know of ppl who've suffered as a result of living in the UK and have their land stolen from them in india. Its an expensive and time consuming process to try and get the land back.

I do intend to go back to india but it won't be to farm.

If you don't have high links in govt then sell it. Land mafia is big thing in Punjab and mosly are under protection of high officials such as ministers etc... you seriously don't want to get involved in court cases, that itself is living hell on earth.