Harmandir Sahib Nri Room Accomodations. Q'S.

Singh559

No you call don't have to bribe anyone. Just take a copy of your passport.

The sewadars at the booking office would give you a room subject to availability.

Have a blessed time at Harmandir Sahib.

ah, i see. That's good to hear, but i've heard a few stories that they don't give out rooms unless you pull a few "strings".

Does anyone know how availability is around this season?

Money bribe doesn't take place but they do hold rooms back and give it to those who got some sort of link or written note from SGPC member, granthi Singh or so on.. As suggested take a copy of your passport. Get tough if they plainly deny you a room. 90% chance is that they at first will deny you a room.

If they deny then tell them that you run a newspaper in California and you will print news on this issue. Be demanding and use harsh tone. Most likely that will work. If Nothing happens then head toward darbar sahib manager office and lodge complaint on this.

In Punjab one need to be 100% confident on whatever you do and use tough language otherwise they will ignore you.

Money bribe doesn't take place but they do hold rooms back and give it to those who got some sort of link or written note from SGPC member, granthi Singh or so on.. As suggested take a copy of your passport. Get tough if they plainly deny you a room. 90% chance is that they at first will deny you a room.

If they deny then tell them that you run a newspaper in California and you will print news on this issue. Be demanding and use harsh tone. Most likely that will work. If Nothing happens then head toward darbar sahib manager office and lodge complaint on this.

In Punjab one need to be 100% confident on whatever you do and use tough language otherwise they will ignore you.

Harsh tone never works anywhere in the world.

Firm tone does wonders.

Choose yours words carefully,S1ngh before you start preaching your sermons.

Nah veeray, I ain't no preaching here lol but sharing my opinions. Don't know which culture u r from but where I come from, some works can only be done using harsh tone with karapt loog... Changay banday naal changa and burray banday nal bura vihar.. Same saying goes in balait world: Respect others only if you want to get same thing in return.

Aight let's stay on topic.. It would be interesting to hear back singh559's experience.

S1ngh Jee, fingers crossed. Last time, we went, we were refused rooms, saying none is empty, instead of arguing with them, we just got room at some other place. We met a local family that evening (quite rich family, 2nd relation to us, do daily night SEWA), they said to us, "Just wait here - we can get you the key for the best rooms in NRI Sarai in just 5 minutes", but we decided to stay where we were. I have heard the arrangement in Hazoor Sahib is much organised and Sangat oriented.

Availability around this season - If you reach there around Sangrand, then it will be totally packed. Better to call them from UK and get your room booked.

Generally the people in those nri rooms just say it is full they have some commission system set up even with the rikhisha, taxis and autos they commision people secretly, it can take bribes at times. They try send you to private hotels. You have to do underhanded things to get a rooms when you have underhanded people working there. Make sure you look after your stuff loads of people get jacked also in harmandar look after personal stuff people jack stuff, if you have women with you take good care of them. Loads of messed up things happen.