Sikh Reference Library 1984

MS1NGH

Without our own country, we don't have enough power or resources to get back our historic manuscripts and looted treasure including kohinoor diamond.

All thanks to wh McLeod who compiled the list of Sikh reference library and not many ppl were aware of that. Without the list we would be total clueless.

can we view the list?

Koh-i-noor no longer exists in the form it was taken from Punjab by the British. Also others also have as much claim to it as us, including the British. Why? Well because it was taken by force from many, originated in South India the mughals got it. Nadir Shah took it from Delhi, After his assaination his general Abdali got hold of it. It was Abdali's grandsons wife who promised it to Maharaja Ranjit Singh in lieu of payment for his help for resucing her husband from prison. It was gifted to Punjab by coersion as was the case with the handing over to the British.

Excellent post Gurdsingh. Excellent. I'm glad for the first time in a long time a singh has talked liked a singh. I've been saying here a long time (to no avail) every time sikh groups (nearly all whom have little or no education) talk about wanting the koh-e-noor back....I've always said that we Sikhs should show the world how righteous we are by fighting to get it back for the pathans / afghans (leaving aside for the moment that it no longer exists and was cut up to make the present queen of canada and australia's tiara among other things). On sikh blog after sikh discussion forum each and every day you will always find sikhs talking about criminal somalis and pakistanis etc. But the fact is...we sikhs behaved proper gangster when it came to aquiring the koh-e-noor. We behaved liked thieving, tricking, sneaky gypsy thieves. As men and women of honour we should correct the mistakes of our forefathers. No matter where the pathan / afghans got it from and how they got it, the fact remains that we behaved no better than the common criminal to get it from them.As such, we should fight on their behalf to get, whats left of it,back for them.

As for the topic of the thread.....I too would like to know exactly what was stolen. Each and every antiquity should be known to the worldwide community. Each and every dirty filthy indian that has stolen and got rich on the proceeds of these thefts should and can be be hunted down by international law. But first......we....and everyone else, need to know what was stolen.

Forget about kohinoor diamond but what about our land taken by British but never returned back which they were supposed to do. How about dogras who looted Khalsa Sarkar Treasury under the protection of British. If you read all treaties took place between sikhs and british after dismise of ranjit singh, you will see how cleverly they dismantled our long run and world's most liberal/equality run khalsa sarkar.

Here is one example of Treaty of Byrowal in December 1846.

By the terms of the Treaty of Byrowal in December 1846, a council of Regency (including Rani Jindan) was set up and a British resident and garrison imposed as a temporary measure until Dalip Singh came of age. At first sight the treaty seemed very generous, protecting the young Maharaja until his state could be handed over to him intact, although reduced in size. In reality the British began to dismantle the Sikh State.

Henry Lawrence, who ruled the Punjab as resident, was charmed by the boy and personally kind to him, organizing activities and magic lantern parties. However, the Maharaja’s first recorded political act enraged Lawrence. At the Annual festival Dussera in 1847 Dalip Singh publicly refused, despite British instructions, to mark Tej Singh as his commander-in-chief. Lawrence and Henry Hardinge, the governor general, were convinced, probably correctly, that Rani Jindan had put him up to it. Lawrence acted swiftly. He asked the young prince to ride with him late at night; it was impossible to refuse and when Dalip Singh asked to return to the palace, Lawrence told him that he was to spend the night in the Shalimar Gardens. The next he learnt that his mother had been seized in his absence and placed under house arrest, and that he was forbidden to have any contact with her. Both other and son were devastated, Rani writing to Lawrence:

"Restore my son to me, I cannot bear the pain of separation - my son is very young. He is incapable of doing anything. I have left the kingdom. I have no need of a kingdom - there is no one with my son. He has no sister, no brother. He has no uncle, junior or senior. His father he has lost. To whose care has he been entrusted?"

Although it is possible to conclude that the governor-general and Henry Lawrence, as well as his successor, his brother John Lawrence took the Treaty of Byrowal seriously but it is clear that Rani Jindan felt that they had no intension of upholding it. In desperation she wrote, 'why do you take possession of the kingdom by underhand means? Why do you not do it openly? On the one hand you make a show of friendship and on the other hand you have put us in prison. Do justice to me or I shall appeal to the London Headquarters.'

read more here: http://www.searchsik....com/dalip.html

Does not matter about kohinoor but the way british looted punjab and supported dogras to take away major part of punjab (kashmir/himachal) and then when they suppose to hand over Sikh land to sikhs but made haste decision of dividing punjab and pakistan and create civil war which results in death of more than a million and millions displaced.. That is the reality !

sorry for going off-topic

Guest KopSingh

Koh-i-noor no longer exists in the form it was taken from Punjab by the British. Also others also have as much claim to it as us, including the British. Why? Well because it was taken by force from many, originated in South India the mughals got it. Nadir Shah took it from Delhi, After his assaination his general Abdali got hold of it. It was Abdali's grandsons wife who promised it to Maharaja Ranjit Singh in lieu of payment for his help for resucing her husband from prison. It was gifted to Punjab by coersion as was the case with the handing over to the British.

brilliant stuff, wicked post

getting back to the library - i heard it is intact but with the indian governement - they stole all the libraray - why??

because they can change all the hukhamnamas and old referencees and then give it back to us after about 50 odd years when all the

panthic singhs are wiped out - and so we are more alighned as sanatan matt - hindu sikhs .

i recall i think Maskeen jee mentioning this above

Guest KopSingh

Excellent post Gurdsingh. Excellent. I'm glad for the first time in a long time a singh has talked liked a singh. I've been saying here a long time (to no avail) every time sikh groups (nearly all whom have little or no education) talk about wanting the koh-e-noor back....I've always said that we Sikhs should show the world how righteous we are by fighting to get it back for the pathans / afghans (leaving aside for the moment that it no longer exists and was cut up to make the present queen of canada and australia's tiara among other things). On sikh blog after sikh discussion forum each and every day you will always find sikhs talking about criminal somalis and pakistanis etc. But the fact is...we sikhs behaved proper gangster when it came to aquiring the koh-e-noor. We behaved liked thieving, tricking, sneaky gypsy thieves. As men and women of honour we should correct the mistakes of our forefathers. No matter where the pathan / afghans got it from and how they got it, the fact remains that we behaved no better than the common criminal to get it from them.As such, we should fight on their behalf to get, whats left of it,back for them.

As for the topic of the thread.....I too would like to know exactly what was stolen. Each and every antiquity should be known to the worldwide community. Each and every dirty filthy indian that has stolen and got rich on the proceeds of these thefts should and can be be hunted down by international law. But first......we....and everyone else, need to know what was stolen.

wow didnt look at it from a p.o.v of the way you've put it. yea ur kinda right about us havin this chip on our shoulder about the kohinoor, being given back to us, plus no point in its pursuit now, coz its not even in its original form. Well havin said that tho, we MUST pursue the golden chair/throne of maharaja ranjit singh, that MUST be aquired back from, if im not mistaken, from the V&A museum in london.

http://www.vam.ac.uk...0422-popup.html (check it) i cant remember if i saw this durin my momentous trip to the V&A durin a gurdwara panjabi school trip to the exhibition in the late 90's.

Also 'west london singh' regarding ur question of wat else has been taken, like i mentioned on the previous page, HAND WRITTEN poems of guru arjan dev ji were taken and burnt by the bhaiyaas in the dirty green uniform. O i suppose militants were hiding behind these eliquent pages too init! these hindutva monkeys will PAY for this big time. i believe also guru gobind singhs or guru hargobinds artillery were snatched too.

nice post too

forget the kohinoor only men of greed care about such tittle tattle. To Sikhs our Sikh reference library and the historical documents artifacts that was contained within it is what is important. The last information on the whereabouts of those items looted by the Indian army during operation blue star was that the CBI (indian intelligence agency) had it within its vaults. And they have kept up the pretence they dont have anything...but everyone knows they do as all items including Khalistani stamps, passports etc were all collected brought to them and processed.

Forget about kohinoor diamond but what about our land taken by British but never returned back which they were supposed to do. How about dogras who looted Khalsa Sarkar Treasury under the protection of British. If you read all treaties took place between sikhs and british after dismise of ranjit singh, you will see how cleverly they dismantled our long run and world's most liberal/equality run khalsa sarkar.

Here is one example of Treaty of Byrowal in December 1846.

read more here: http://www.searchsik....com/dalip.html

Does not matter about kohinoor but the way british looted punjab and supported dogras to take away major part of punjab (kashmir/himachal) and then when they suppose to hand over Sikh land to sikhs but made haste decision of dividing punjab and pakistan and create civil war which results in death of more than a million and millions displaced.. That is the reality !

sorry for going off-topic

All loot retrieved from the Mughals that was stolen from several people in the time of empires people looted from other people. Most of it was tax money collected from people used for administration. So what it went into use in the UK the rest all lost over time. The real diamonds and gems are in gurbani we have the greatest of all stones and metals the spirtual message of Guru Nanak Dev ji is always with us. Money and jewels will come and go. As for being on takhts, those who are, are responsible when things go wrong and they tend to go wrong often. We have a long way to go before as a nation we shine to the whole world. We all have to do our education, and become the best in everything. To go deep into our history and make new history with time so our descendants can look back at us with pride.

Can someone please confirm if: Saroop of Guru Granth Sahib ji Maharaj hand written by Guru Harkrishan Sahib were looted / burnt from sikh reference library in 84...

...and i also heard that the dirty beasts looted / burnt handwritten poetry (not in Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj) written by Guru Arjan Dev Ji Maharaj.

As far as I am aware, there is no saroop of sri Guru Granth Sahib ji written with the pavittar hands of any of our Guru Sahiban. It seems that that our Guru Sahiban did ucharan (spoke) bani and had a Gursikh write it down ie original Aad Granth - bhai sahib bhai Gurdas ji and Damdami Bir - bhai sahib bhai Mani Singh ji.

Indeed many puratan saroops were taken away or shaheed/burnt during the 1984 ghallugara. After partiition of India in 1947 many Gursikhs from Pakistan had puratan (old) saroops of Guru Granth Sahib ji in their possesion. They bought over these saroops from Pakistan into Panjab - India. Many of these saroops were handed over to SGPC. So in Sikh Reference Library there were almost 500 puratan hand written sri Guru Granth Sahib. Imagine this many hand written saroops of Guru Maharaj in 1 place. It must have been a great site to see so many puratan saroops of Guru Granth Sahib.

Notable saroops in the collection of the Sikh Reference Library was a saroop written by a hazoori likhari of Guru Gobind Singh ji, bhai sahib bhai Hardas ji and a saroop written by bhai sahib bhai Pakhar Mal Dhillon who was the grandson of great gursikh of sri Guru Arjan Dev ji - Choudhari Langah. The saroop of bhai Hardas ji was considered highly shudh (correct) in terms of correct spellings and their is a book on this particular bir of Guru Granth Sahib.

We need to get information from the Central Government on what happened to the contents of Sikh Reference Library in 1984. Unfortunately the SGPC is being run by politicians. I have no faith that SGPC will pursue this issue with any vigour.

Maybe the evil Congress government has a lot of the content stored in some room somewhere. Our 'Sikh' PM Manmohan Singh could find out in minutes if his government has any material from the Sikh Reference Library in their possession. Again I have no faith that the Congress or PM will pursue this matter.

We need to take action on this issue urgently. Maybe Gursikhs from outside India can form some sort of committee to retrieve the priceless material that was stolen by the Congress government. Satguru Mehar Karan!

Rabb Rakhe