Child Groomed & Abused - Real Life Horror Story Of One Family

Not taking away from the postive aspects of the show, but what was needed was information about who can be contacted for assisatnce, i.e. Groups already set up to assist, social services, police other web sites, this is not a problem for the Sikh Community but all, that is grooming. So needs to be tackled by all communtites working together. The Muslim community, to name but one, also has this issue within.

Having watched the documentary back I found it bit ironic how Sarbjit (lady on panel) was defending facebook when bhai sahib was saying facebook is a negative thing. If we didn't have facebook and all other social networking sites such as msn beboo etc our youth would not be able to be targeted so easily. Facebook is a dangerous tool which makes it easier for paedophiles etc to access kids or even vulnerable adults. In same way if it wasn't for facebook I highly doubt our youth would have the courage to "date" or go behind their parents backs to see the opposite gender. Point been a lot can be said through a screen than it can in person. For example a person might be very shup chap in person and keep gupt but on facebook be the loudest and most talkative character. Sorry for rant but I do think facebook is one of the main places where these things start. Just hope as a panth we can help stop more families from suffering the heart the bhenji&bhaji and their family have/are suffering. Guru je kirpa karn

social media and networking will not disappear ever. So the solution is to train our youth, our future generations to the do's and dont's of using these networks properly. Sikh parents are so behind the times these days kids are swapping naked pics from the net and themselves via iphone and blackberry messenger and get bullied and blackmailed when they fall out with each other. So the solution has to be drawn up where Sikh parents are educated and in tern they can educate their kids the dangers of the net and social media network/ & hone messengers.

Also at the age of 16 a person is legally able to get married and have consensual sex in the UK. It only becomes a problem in the eyes of the law when they are under 16. So Sikh parents need to make sure their impressionable kids are educated at an early age before they get preyed on by sexual predators and those seeking to convert them out of the faith.

I think we should all buy a 100 pack of cd-rs (or 50 or however many) and make copies of this interview (and the introduction video) and distribute them at our local Gurdwaras. That is at least one way to get the message out.

I think it's a shame that we've stoped caring about each other. Back in the day Sikhs used to save Hindu and Muslim girls from being taken away by the likes of Ahmad Shah Abdali. Now, we can't even save our own daughters. Instead, like the lady said in the interview, when her husband was doing seva in the Gurdwara, someone said "Aidha de bacheya naal karna bhi ki ya". Laanat be upon us.

In order to download a video to your computer that is on Youtube you can use http://keepvid.com/

Thanks,

Sachin

Please note that we will be debating the grooming issues and child protection issues on Panth Time this Friday 17th Feb 8-10 pm live at Gurudwara Baba Zorawar Singh ji Baba Fateh Singh ji in Milton keynes. Please come along if you are close by; if not watch on Sikh Channel and spread the message.

Dr Gurnam Singh