How Many Times Will God Forgive Me For Doing The Same Thing?

Rammer

WaheguruJiKaKhalsa WaheguruJiKiFateh

I think you first need to ask yourself why you keep doing the same thing over and over again when you clearly know its wrong in Gods eyes? This is not a "Sin & repent" faith we follow. Get to the core of the problem and fix it there, so that you no longer need to ask for forgiveness. If you cannot do that by yourself then dont be afraid to ask for help with your issue from a close member of your family or a friend that will not judge you.

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh

kbIr mnu jwnY sB bwq jwnq hI Aaugnu krY ]

Kabeer, the mortal knows everything, and knowingly, he still makes mistakes

kwhy kI kuslwq hwiQ dIpu kUey prY ]216]

What good is a lamp in one`s hand, if he still falls into the well? ||216||

What do we achieve by sinning, then regretting, then sinning, then regretting - constantly and in the end only we are the depressed ones. Only we are the ones that sit there thinking 'Oh man, I shouldn't have done that.' Guroo Sahib will 'forgive' but we decrease the value of forgiveness - it almost becomes a game - I do bad, I feel guilty, I say sorry, Guroo Sahib forgives, I happy, I do bad, I feel guilty, I say sorry....and so on.

What we do is create a vicious cycle of birth and death within the absolute 8.4 million birth and death cycle - our birth is when we say 'That's it; next time I'm not going to do that - I swear'...We later die when we give in to sin (for whatever reason)... and the comings and goings continue in the cycle 'we' have created and due to these shortcomings we come and go in the absolute cycle (8.4 million cycle).

Our lives are and can be so much better - so much less depressed and actually happy and easier if we gave in to Guroo Sahib more than our mind's desires.

Many Gursikhs advise is that what we should all try to do is when the water or sin/desire tries to flood our mind and you feel a deep urge to commit that sin or make attempts to quench that desire. INSTANTLY put the water dam of Naam Simran up e.g. Start doing Simran, Gurbanee Path. Our mind WILL try to lure and make us come back on the subject of the sin/desire - but EVERY time DRAG our mind back on to Simran/Gurbani or anything else to do with Guroo Sahib/Sikhi. It will be hard and it will feel like it's a huge chore but Gur Prsaad eventually our mind will get to a stage where we are above these sins/desires - we'll see no value in them - we'll look back and think 'Oh Vaheguroo Jee: look where You have brought me to; I used to be in such a deep, dark and depressing pit..!' - In turn motivating you to Japp more Naam and living in a Gurmukh way simply because you don't want to fall back into that pit. Which is a beauitful mindset to be in:

nwnk ijn@ min Bau iqn@w min Bwau ]2]

O Nanak, those whose minds are filled with the Fear of God, have the love of God in their minds as well. ||2||

The choice is ours - if we want to rise above to a better Spiritual, mental and phyisical life or if we like our current circumstances.

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh