How Does Rom Rom Simran Happens

scooter

Thanks Consciousness Baabaa Jee for your reply.

You wrote "Many people confuse rom with hair; some say it is pore."

Professor Saahib Singh Jee and many other renowned translators of Sri Guru Granth Saahib Jee explain that rom is hair.

Quote "But the word rom has it's root from sanskrit sources."

Please provide that reference. I will be grateful.

Quote "It technically means anything that is perceivable or conceivable by the 5 senses."

Is it really rom all that we perceive or conceive through five senses?

Quote "When one's perception changes due to inference caused by seeing the world, thoughts and emotions etc as God. This is rom rom simran."

Have I understood it correctly? Rom rom Simran is the change of perception.

Balbir Singh

You wrote "Many people confuse rom with hair; some say it is pore."

Professor Saahib Singh Jee and many other renowned translators of Sri Guru Granth Saahib Jee explain that rom is hair.

But technically they are still right because you see/hear (perceive) God everywhere in rom rom simran even your hair is God. But the way I describe rom rom simran is much greater than just being your hair. Everything is God :) would you just like to see/hear simran in your hair or everywhere?

Quote "But the word rom has it's root from sanskrit sources."

Please provide that reference. I will be grateful.

I heard it from a katha where someone was well versed in sanskrit. I will try to find the katha for your reference but it is hard to find websites that do good translation of sanskrit. Maaf karna ji that I can not show you now.

Quote "It technically means anything that is perceivable or conceivable by the 5 senses."

Is it really rom all that we perceive or conceive through five senses?

Yes there is no other than God - basically where a perceiver is present.

Quote "When one's perception changes due to inference caused by seeing the world, thoughts and emotions etc as God. This is rom rom simran."

Have I understood it correctly? Rom rom Simran is the change of perception.

Rom rom simran always is; even for the ignorant. God (Sachkand) always is - it is ones inference that needs to be tuned.

Satguru mehar karan

Daas consciousness

You are feeling chakra/chi energy - your experiences are similar to people who practice hatha yoga, chi gung or kundalini yoga. This is NOT rom rom simran. Here's what I mean:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xirdix_while-meditating-i-feel-kind-of-electric-current-passing-throughout-my-body_people

This experience happens to one of my yoga friends so much that he doesn't take it as anything special any more. This is what he says, "It is like any other experience; for e.g. like farting - it comes and it goes" :lol2: I crack up when he says that but it is true.

To keep it simple rom rom simran is bacisally sargun upasana and it means to see the entire manifest as God. But STILL NOT THE GOAL there is still separation between devotee and God.

Daas

Consciousness

Satnaam Ji,

Thanks for the video. It's true about the experiences...you get used to them...the wow factor comes in at first...then it just becomes normal. The feeling of this enerygy pulse through the body is still great...but as quickly as it comes, i quickly forget it as just like what you say...those experiences isn't my goal...the goal is to realise god/my true self, thats what i'm thirsting for.

There are many other experiences i've had recently so it's been quite intense - but it's amazing when you go back to gurbani and find referneces and guidance to do with what you've experienced....things like inner sound etc.

Anyway, i hope everyone on this forum is spending time doing their naam simran....i cannot speak highly enough of this tool that god blesses each and every one of us with.

Thanks Consciousness Baabaa Jee for sharing your experiences.

You wrote "But technically they are still right because you see/hear (perceive) God everywhere in rom rom simran even your hair is God."

Is it right that people who cut their hair actually cut their rom and may not realize God completely?

Quote "But the way I describe rom rom simran is much greater than just being your hair."

Does prejudicing remain after realizing God through rom rom Simran? Does one feel that he has become greater than hair?

Quote "Everything is God would you just like to see/hear simran in your hair or everywhere?"

I wish to taste, feel and smell Simran also. Can you confirm that God follows your wish?

Quote "I heard it from a katha where someone was well versed in sanskrit. I will try to find the katha for your reference . . ."

Does it become our experience by hearing a story (katha)?

Quote "Yes there is no other than God - basically where a perceiver is present."

Please explain it. What is there other than God where a perceiver is not present?

Quote "Rom rom simran always is; even for the ignorant. God (Sachkand) always is - it is ones inference that needs to be tuned."

Do we need a radio and learn to tune with God or God is a radio too?

Balbir Singh

i agree with akhandeurop

"...akath katha kathee na jaae..."

forget about askin around. reading books. guru ji says, if u do ur naam simran, u wil experience it (all things related to / and akaal, eg anhad roop anhad bani anhad shabad, sunn, the amrit russ etcc) yourself.

gyaan is not found in aimee galaa.

You can talk about it, or you can experience it.

I haven't experienced it myself, but I'm assuming there's no A, B, C to it, and no step by step routine....just something one automatically experiences once their kamaai or bhagti has reached a certain level? In other words, jado Maharaj di kirpaa hoyee, udho aapeyi patha lag jaana how rom rom rom simran happens!

Correct me if I'm wrong please.

You can talk about it, or you can experience it.

I haven't experienced it myself, but I'm assuming there's no A, B, C to it, and no step by step routine....just something one automatically experiences once their kamaai or bhagti has reached a certain level? In other words, jado Maharaj di kirpaa hoyee, udho aapeyi patha lag jaana how rom rom rom simran happens!

Correct me if I'm wrong please.

I would say the experiences you have on the spiritual path will be unique to you i.e. god will know what you need to see and know/learn .... therefore sometimes it's not the best idea to share all your experiences with others. but i have found from my own experiences on the path that there are some experiences that will be similar to others.

How do i know this? well, when i would experince something...not knowing what was happening, i would google the experience only to find others are having similar experiences. Also, when you experience something, then return to Gurbani, you realise you're experience things which are described in Gurbani...and then Gurbani takes a whole new deeper meaning...Gurbani evolves as we evolve spiritually.

Some souls may not need an A, B, C method or steps on the spiritual path...but gurbani clearly explains the supreme importance of Naam simran and Amrit Vela. Many of the descriptions in gurbani or Dassam Duar, inner vision, amrit, bathing in pool of nectar all come when one turns their attention 'inwards' and starts to seek who they are and who god is.

God bless you on your journey :)