Gagandip Singh Trial Verdict

SinghWarrior

Is no one here going to step up and say the fact that Gagandip did succeed in raping other girls? One of the girls even posted anonymously about it on this forum. I know of some of the girls it happened to, but of course it's not easy to talk about when they've kept it hidden. He raped girls, so he was a rapist. He also touched up girls, went to a strip club and flirted endlessly. All of my friends (girls) who met him recall his flirtatious attitude and his pestering to meet up with them.

I was angry when initially everyone was calling him a "jewel of the Panth" and some people even said he was a sant. I ask you, what would Guru Gobind Singh Ji have done to someone who raped our sisters? (Not saying what happened was justified, so don't even go there. Just think about it.)

PS. the court presented evidence of a text that Gagandip sent his friend saying "I just tried to rape my best friend, I don't know what to do." There were also many witnesses who came and said they'd been told about the attempted rape, so there's no disputing it. I'm sure his friends would like to believe it's all lies and it was instead about money, but the fact is it was nothing to do with money. Stop fooling yourselves now.

Is no one here going to step up and say the fact that Gagandip did succeed in raping other girls? One of the girls even posted anonymously about it on this forum. I know of some of the girls it happened to, but of course it's not easy to talk about when they've kept it hidden. He raped girls, so he was a rapist. He also touched up girls, went to a strip club and flirted endlessly. All of my friends (girls) who met him recall his flirtatious attitude and his pestering to meet up with them.

I was angry when initially everyone was calling him a "jewel of the Panth" and some people even said he was a sant. I ask you, what would Guru Gobind Singh Ji have done to someone who raped our sisters? (Not saying what happened was justified, so don't even go there. Just think about it.)

PS. the court presented evidence of a text that Gagandip sent his friend saying "I just tried to rape my best friend, I don't know what to do." There were also many witnesses who came and said they'd been told about the attempted rape, so there's no disputing it. I'm sure his friends would like to believe it's all lies and it was instead about money, but the fact is it was nothing to do with money. Stop fooling yourselves now.

If this is true, his supporters are denigrating the legacies and achievements of those true jewels of our panth who deserve such status.

I wish I had friends who would back me to the hilt, even when some of them know in their heart of hearts its just to salvage a reputation. Nevertheless, let the boy rest in peace. He was a human like the rest of us and from what I've read and heard he made some unfortunate mistakes, possibly due to a combination of being emotionally affected by his father's death, as well as being a young person with access to a hell of a lot of money, which in my opinion, is the root of this sorry mess and something nobody is prepared to discuss because it probably means a lot of uncomfortable questions for his immediate remaining family.

What I find particularly disturbing as much as the gleeful hand-rubbing and gloating about the kid's downfall, is the attempt by his supporters to beatify him as some kind of whiter-than-white saint who is the victim of a huge conspiracy. Please. Like I said do not besmirch the true jewels of our panth with such white-washing of events. If you have a genuine love for your faith and your friend, remember him and love him with all your heart. An Akhand Paath in his memory is a wonderful idea.

If this is true, his supporters are denigrating the legacies and achievements of those true jewels of our panth who deserve such status.

I wish I had friends who would back me to the hilt, even when some of them know in their heart of hearts its just to salvage a reputation. Nevertheless, let the boy rest in peace. He was a human being and from what I've read and heard he made some unfortunate mistakes, possibly due to a combination of being emotionally affected by his father's death, as well as being a young person with access to a hell of a lot of money, which in my opinion, is the root of this sorry mess and something nobody is prepared to discuss because it probably means a lot of uncomfortable questions for his immediate remaining family.

What I find particularly disturbing as much as the gleeful hand-rubbing and gloating about the kid's downfall, is the attempt by his supporters to beatify him as some kind of whiter-than-white saint who is the victim of a huge conspiracy.

Fair enough, we'll leave it at that but I just wanted to present the evidence instead of letting everyone ignorantly discuss the topic without knowing anything - I hate that people are STILL trying to defend his actions, or even denying them. Someone said to me, that since he was coming from a non Gursikh family his actions were more justified because he didn't really know about right and wrong- as a Singhni it sickens me that people can try to justify rape, and all those girls have to suffer subsequently while people go on believing he was a "jewel of the panth". Back in the day, Singhs used to fight for their sisters and make sure they were untouched by predators - just as the Singhs who refused to eat from Bhai Taru Singh after days without food, simply because they'd heard news of their sisters being taken and they had to immediately get up and fight to free them. But look at Singhs now... hurts man. That's enough I think, it's known now so I'll leave it at that.

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/9553087.Charlton_man_guilty_of_Gagandip_Singh_Blackheath_boot_murder/

Charlton man guilty of Gagandip Singh Blackheath boot murder

2:22pm Friday 24th February 2012 in News By Nina Massey

A 20-YEAR-OLD has been found guilty of killing a Bexleyheath television executive whose body was found in the boot of a burning car.

Gagandip Singh, aged 21, of Langdale Crescent, Bexleyheath, died on February 26 last year.

His body was found in the boot of a blue Mercedes C-class in Angerstein Lane, Blackheath, at around 2am.

At the Old Bailey today screams from the public gallery greeted the verdict as 20-year-old Harinder Shoker (also known as Ravi) of Charlton Park Lane, Charlton, was found guilty of murder in a majority verdict.

Darren Peters, of Shooters Hill Road, Blackheath, aged 20, was found guilty of manslaughter.

Mundill Mahil, aged 20, of Regent Guest House, Maidstone Road, Chatham was cleared of murder but found guilty of GBH with intent. She was left in tears by the verdict.

During the trial the court heard that in August 2010, Mr Singh had attempted to rape Mahil, and after this incident, the once close friends fell out.

It was alleged that Mahil lured Mr Singh to her student house in Brighton where Peters and Shoker lay in wait to attack him.

After beating him up he was put in the boot of the car and driven to Blackheath where the car was set alight.

Although Mr Singh had suffered severe head injuries, a post mortem gave the cause of death as inhalation of fire fumes.

Jurors had deliberated for 40 hours in the case.

Killing any human is very sad act and should be condemned.

The following in the news caption caught my eye

During the trial the court heard that in August 2010, Mr Singh had attempted to rape Mahil, and after this incident, the once close friends fell out.

I thought he was a gursikh?

http://www.bbc.co.uk...london-17027513

Gagandip Singh's fatal infatuation

By Dil Neiyyar

BBC Asian Network

Gagandip Singh was alive when the car was set on fire

Continue reading the main story

He was young, wealthy, ran his own satellite TV station and had started up the British Sikh Student Federation.

To a handful of people who knew him well however, the 20-year-old was a tortured soul, obsessed by an "attractive and intelligent" medical student.

Mundill Mahil, also 20, liked Mr Singh as a friend but had no interest in a relationship with the millionaire Sikh activist from Bexleyheath in south-east London.

And one night in 2010, on a visit to Mahil's flat in Brighton, he overstepped a line for which he would ultimately pay with his life.

She had allowed him to stay overnight but Mr Singh misread the signs and tried to force himself on her.

She managed to fight him off and, shocked by his own actions, he broke down and apologised, before fleeing the flat.

'Gangster friend'

For months afterwards, he bombarded Mahil with apologetic calls and text messages but she was upset and angry over the attempted rape.

From then on, she developed an intense hatred for him and confided her feelings to others.

One of those confidants was Harvinder Shoker, who was also a close friend of Mr Singh.

Continue reading the main story

Start Quote

Her role (Mundill Mahil) was central. If she hadn't agreed to lure him to Brighton that fateful evening the deceased would have been safe and alive today”

Aftab Jafferjee QC

Shoker was also infatuated with Mahil, so when she told her "gangster friend" of the attempted rape the pair plotted revenge.

She told the Old Bailey the plan was for Shoker and a friend to give Mr Singh a lecture on his unacceptable behaviour and possibly "a slap or two".

So, after months of silence she lured Mr Singh to Brighton with an offer of talks.

He had resolved to cure his obsession with her but he was "excited" at the chance to see her again and renew their friendship, the court heard.

But he was also worried he could be walking into a trap and had even sent her a text message asking: "OK, can we talk civil or do you just want me dead?"

On 25 February last year, he set off to Brighton borrowing his sister's Mercedes.

The moment he arrived, carrying a teddy bear and flowers, and stepped through the front door and into Ms Mahil's bedroom, he was set upon by Shoker and Darren Peters.

Mundill Mahil lured Gagandip Singh to her flat where he was attacked

They violently beat him and the ferocious attack only stopped when he was unconscious, but still alive.

Ms Mahil told the court she ran out of the room in a panic because she had not expected the violence.

Shoker and Peters wrapped Mr Singh in bedding and bundled it into the boot of the Mercedes.

The pair drove the car back to a road near the wide open spaces of Blackheath in south-east London and poured petrol over the vehicle before setting it on fire.

A post-mortem examination revealed Mr Singh was alive when the fire was started and died from inhaling the fumes.

'Revenge and retribution'

The fire had been so fierce the car was unrecognisable to his family the following day.

Prosecutor Aftab Jafferjee QC told the jury the attack was carried out to "exact revenge and retribution" on Mr Singh, who Mahil knew "remained besotted by her".

Harvinder Shoker (left) and Darren Peters were convicted of killing Gangandip Singh

"Her role was central," Mr Jafferjee said. "If she hadn't agreed to lure him to Brighton that fateful evening the deceased would have been safe and alive today."

"[shoker] almost certainly had his own agenda and it was not of the righteous crusader protecting a young woman's virtue," he said.

"He, being besotted with her, was more than happy to get rid of Gagandip."

The court was told Peters was a "hired" help.

Shoker, 20, of Charlton Park Lane in Greenwich, south-east London, has been convicted of murder while Peters, of Shooters Hill Road in Blackheath, also 20, was convicted of manslaughter.

Mahil, from Maidstone road in Chatham, Kent, was convicted of causing grievous bodily harm.

All three had denied murder.

It is the second tragedy for the Singh family in as many years.

In 2009, Mr Singh's father Charanjit, who had built up a successful employment agency, was shot dead on a trip to India.

Mahil gave Mr Singh emotional support following the murder and they grew close, before the relationship broke down.

There was no rape or attempted rape ,all three are murderers and gulity of it

How exactly do YOU know what happened or did not, obviously something of signifigance happened that started the series of events leading to the horrible crime. Or do you think 3 people (2 of whom knew the victim personally) just wanted to randomly kill for no good reason whatsoever??