Gagandip Singh Trial Verdict

SinghWarrior

Kaljugi,

For the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) to accept Mundill's rape claims, evidence would have to be retrieved from voicemail messages, text messages (such as an apology or acknowlegdement in some form) sent between Gagan and Mundill which lead to Gagan's own legal team (not Mundill's) to say "It is common ground in this case that he tried to have sex with her, by getting into her bed. Both she and he were to describe it as an attempted rape." It simply can not be the case that this claim has been made just on Mundill's 'word'. Afterall, as you rightfully say, Mundilll can say what she likes if Gagan is not there to defend himself. Therefore, the CPS would need black and white evidence documented from the aforementioned sources. Sometimes the truth hurts...

dalsingh,

I think you misunderstood what I had wrote. I agree with you 100%. If someone attemped rape in my family, I certainly wouldn't be 'legal' about it. However, one should plead guilty and accept whatever it is you have done.

Kaljugi,

For the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) to accept Mundill's rape claims, evidence would have to be retrieved from voicemail messages, text messages (such as an apology or acknowlegdement in some form) sent between Gagan and Mundill which lead to Gagan's own legal team (not Mundill's) to say "It is common ground in this case that he tried to have sex with her, by getting into her bed. Both she and he were to describe it as an attempted rape." It simply can not be the case that this claim has been made just on Mundill's 'word'. Afterall, as you rightfully say, Mundilll can say what she likes if Gagan is not there to defend himself. Therefore, the CPS would need black and white evidence documented from the aforementioned sources. Sometimes the truth hurts...

Fair enough.

I think you misunderstood what I had wrote. I agree with you 100%. If someone attemped rape in my family, I certainly wouldn't be 'legal' about it. However, one should plead guilty and accept whatever it is you have done.

Thanks for attempting to clarify but I'm still confused.

So you're saying that evidence points at her being on the receiving end of a rape attempt (as even alluded to by the prosecution no less) but you still feel like that she should take responsibility for what happened? Are you serious.

DalSingh,

Yes, your analysis is correct.

It sounds confusing, but she should accept responsibilty. That is the law of the land, we have no choice but to accept it as exactly that. Fair enough, she could have pleaded guilty from the outset and pleaded mitigating circumstances and done it that way. If we take the law into our own hands, which I've already stated many would do so given the circumstances of attempted rape, then we should also be fully prepared to accept the punishment.

I partly agree with what someone said about him not being the "great Gursikh" he, and other people, made him out to be. Rumors were rife about Gagan WAY before his murder. But that doesn't mean he was necessarily a bad Sikh or a bad person. He just made some errors in judgement... who hasn't made errors in judgement in their own lives? He tried to apologize and make up for his mistake with the person that was directly involved, bombarding her with apologetic phone calls and SMS messages. His biggest mistake was trusting her.

But pre-planned murder? That, to me, does not constitute as an "error in judgement". That is just pure evil.

DalSingh,

Yes, your analysis is correct.

It sounds confusing, but she should accept responsibilty. That is the law of the land, we have no choice but to accept it as exactly that. Fair enough, she could have pleaded guilty from the outset and pleaded mitigating circumstances and done it that way. If we take the law into our own hands, which I've already stated many would do so given the circumstances of attempted rape, then we should also be fully prepared to accept the punishment.

That is complete rubbish.

If a loved one or family member had the balls to avenge such an insult, that the victim must be made to suffer twice is idiotic. Maybe strictly legalistic issues override justice in your mind?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-17027513

The link above - look at the prejudiced atrticle

Mundip Mahil was found guilty of GBH w/i - This may have been a deal brokered between the defence and prosecution.

she never physically committed any harm to Mr Singh therefore i'm not sure if a murder offence can be imposed. As someone who knows relatives of relatives of Mr Singh, i can tell you that the murder was due to Mr Singh lending the Girl money and when he asked for it back, she thought she should scare him away so that he does'nt come back. This love triangle and rape allegations is all rubbish and typical news journalism.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...london-17027513

The link above - look at the prejudiced atrticle

Mundip Mahil was found guilty of GBH w/i - This may have been a deal brokered between the defence and prosecution.

she never physically committed any harm to Mr Singh therefore i'm not sure if a murder offence can be imposed. As someone who knows relatives of relatives of Mr Singh, i can tell you that the murder was due to Mr Singh lending the Girl money and when he asked for it back, she thought she should scare him away so that he does'nt come back. This love triangle and rape allegations is all rubbish and typical news journalism.

I personally, don't believe that. Not being funny, but I can't imagine Gagan would have pestered her so much for cash that she owed him. And besides, what do people do when they owe you cash? They just avoid you to the max, don't answer calls, messages etc. I can understand why the family would want to counteract her claims, but the rest of the evidence, including the nature of the SMS messages, suggest that this definitely was not about money. Again, that's just my opinion, no disrespect to the family.