Gagandip Singh Trial Verdict

SinghWarrior

why not follow the proper channels when rape or attempted rape occurs?

just because a girl cries rape or being attempted to be, people automatically believe its true, do you know how twisted some sikh girls are in society today?

God forbid it happening to any girl, but if it did dont you think a girl would want justice and get it reported? im sure every family would fully support a girl if this happened. I find it quite strange that a girl who has been raped or attempted to be raped wouldn't even report it to a close friend or even the police? makes you wonder.

He got murdered so what more justice is there needed for this so called 'alleged rape'

some sikh girls need to take a good hard look in the mirror for the right reasons and not wrong.

Question: what will the future of the panth be like when todays Singhs and Singhniya couldn't give a monkeys about the rape or attempted rape of their sisters? When somebody has been trying to justify it for the last couple of hours, I can't help but feel like these aren't the same Sikhs of Guru Gobind Singh.

There is something called rule of law, and the law of the land. If we all took justice into our own hands we would ahve anarchy. Mundil wouldnt be alive as i'm sure there are many out there who want her dead too. So what are you justifying? killing of people without evidence and going through courts, etc is ok?

Dont try to play the sikhi card as you are confused and floating and your avatar pic was of a banana your not serious about Sikhism now you change it to a singhni with a talwaar. Whats wrong with you?

Also have you heard of false rape cry accusations? i'm not doubting mundil's perception that gagandip came on to her I would take that as a given but her reaction and her pre planned beating and eventually murder of gagandip makes her far worse than a rapist. A person who takes the life of an innocent is evil. Those who can not see this are supporting this evil.

There is something called rule of law, and the law of the land. If we all took justice into our own hands we would ahve anarchy. Mundil wouldnt be alive as i'm sure there are many out there who want her dead too. So what are you justifying? killing of people without evidence and going through courts, etc is ok?

Dont try to play the sikhi card as you are confused and floating and your avatar pic was of a banana your not serious about Sikhism now you change it to a singhni with a talwaar. Whats wrong with you?

Also have you heard of false rape cry accusations? i'm not doubting mundil's perception that gagandip came on to her I would take that as a given but her reaction and her pre planned beating and eventually murder of gagandip makes her far worse than a rapist. A person who takes the life of an innocent is evil. Those who can not see this are supporting this evil.

exactly my point!

'She can be extremely manipulative. She knew that he was completely besotted by her and would jump at the chance of contact with her.'

At the same time, she also began a relationship with Shoker, who Mr Jafferjee told jurors was also 'besotted' with her.

She told her housemates about how on occasions certain of her male friends, which she referred to as gangster friends, wished to exact revenge and retribution on him (Mr Singh), mr jafferjee (the prosecuter) added.

Detective Superintendent Damian Allain, of the Homicide and Serious Crime Command, said described Mahil as “calculating” and that far from being the victim she claimed to be “was at the heart of a criminal conspiracy” by luring Mr Singh to Brighton to where he was seriously assaulted and died.

DS Allain said: “All this from a medical student embarking upon a career in a caring profession. I have no doubt that had it not been for her deceit and trickery, Gagandip would not have been murdered on that fateful night.”

DS Allain said Mr Singh’s family had acted with the “utmost dignity” throughout the investigation and trial “despite having to listen to the lies proffered in the defence cases for all three defendants”.

So does this mundil character sound like of good character to anyone? a saint? a GurSikh? a woman who invites men over to her yard at night and has intimate relationships outside marriage? It is because of characters like mundil that Sikh girls are are unfairly seen as easy and vile.... a perception that decent and good sikh women are disgraceful tarred with unfairly unfortunately

m4ndy,

Why would the prosecution agree to this deal of "attempted rape" when it didn't happen? If some girl accused me of rape I would (or my lawyer) vehmently use all legal proceedings to strenously deny such accusations immediately. I wouldn't "broker a deal" with the defence, and I certainly wouldn't expect my highly paid barrister to do so on my behalf either. Afterall, one's integrity is at stake. Unless, of course, it was true.

You talk about assasinating his character. Don't get melodramatic. His own barrister, Mr Aftab Jefferjee QC stated this: "Gagandip had his share of faults. There is no doubt about it. He may have deserved some punishment." Are you going to tell me that he only said such negative things because the defence brainwashed an eminent barrister, not least the very QC prosecting in the aforementioned case? Next you will be saying the defending barrister hypnotised the prosecuting barrister which helped explain why Mr Jefferjee QC said that Gagandip "derserved some punishment". Mr Jefferjee QC certainly contributed to assasinating Gagandip's character, and his family are yet to challenge him. Quite extraordinary when you think about it.

Genie,

Perceived attempted rape? Which QC said that? I asked for quotations from barristers, I didn't ask you put words into mine or anyone elses mouth. Mr Jefferjee QC, Gagandip's lawyer, agreed "attempted rape" had occured and not "perceived attempted rape". Any discussion regarding "perceived attempted rape" is therefore irrelevent. However, if you do chose to persist on using such words, I'm sure even you would agree with me that "perceived attempted rape" is also hardly attributes for a gursikh, is it? So, even if you were correct, which you are not according to Gagandip's barrister, but even if you were, it would hardly be something to be proud of, would it?

I have stated twice before, I believe all three should be locked up for murder and that Mundill should've actually got alot more than GBH with intent. She is central to the whole plot.

But, indeed, as Mr Aftab Jefferjee QC states, "attempted rape" did occur. This is not "finishing off legacies" or indeed "character assasination", this is the truth according to the Royal Courts of Justice.

Both parties were wrong. But the sect-like followers must stop defending the actions of a man who attempted to rape.

Mundill Mahil lured TV executive Gagandip Singh to her university house in Brighton, only for him to be beaten and burnt alive in an attack carried out by a thug who was also infatuated with her.

Yesterday as she was convicted of grievous bodily harm with intent but cleared of murder, police expressed their shock at 20-year-old Mahil’s actions.

Detective Superintendent Damian Allain said: “All this from a medical student embarking on a career in the caring profession.

“I have no doubt had it not been for the actions of her deceit and trickery that night Gagandip would not have been murdered.”

Instead Harvinder “Ravi” Shoker, who Mahil described as her “gangster friend” and Darren Peters, who he had recruited for the attack, were lying in wait in her bedroom. Mahil knew that Shoker was besotted by her and had confided in him about the sex attack – and he was “more than willing” to rid her of Mr Singh.

"It is scientifically clear beyond any doubt that at this point he was still alive. The car was then set alight with him locked in the boot," said Mr Jafferjee.

Peters, who worked as a bicycle repairer at Howlett's zoo in Canterbury, claimed he was forced into taking part by threats to himself and his family.

He said he had been in the car which drove to Blackheath where Shoker set it on light but claimed he had no idea that Mr Singh's body was in the boot.

He is said to have compared the scene to the action film The Transporter. He admitted taking Mr Singh's bank card and obtained his PIN number.

Shoker, a trainee electrician and insulin-dependent diabetic, told the jury he had been "confused" on the night of the killing because he had not taken his medication.

He admitted hitting Mr Singh but blamed the violence on Peters. He said there had been no murder plot which he described as "pretty stupid."

But he revealed his inner aggression when he left the witness box at an adjournment in the middle of giving evidence and threatened a junior prosecution barrister whom he claimed was giving him "funny looks."

-Evening Standard newspaper

indeed may waheguru rest and comfort his soul and those of his family...mundil and gang have not only destroyed one life but many others too and taking away someone who was contributing towards the future of Sikhi.... may mundil and her supporters suffer eternal agony

Mum: “I was completely and utterly broken”

In a victim impact statement, Mr Singh’s mother Tajinder Kaur said she was “completely and utterly broken” when she learn of her son’s death and could not describe an average day since because they have all blended into one.

She said: “When I first learnt of Gagandip's death I was completely and utterly broken. I could barely function on a day-to-day basis and stumbled through each day not really knowing what was going on.

Mrs Kaur said her husband died not long before Mr Singh. She said: “In the early stages I couldn't hold a conversation without breaking down in tears and there were occasions when the police had to call an ambulance for me after I collapsed.

“I am desperately trying to keep my family together and retain the respect we had when Gagandip was alive.

She said she was desperately trying to keep the family together and that Mr Singh’s grandparents have “really struggled” with his death and said there was a “great hole” in their lives which compounds her grief.

She said: “They cannot reconcile the fact that a grandchild has died before the grandparents and see it as completely unnatural. As a mother I cannot even begin to find the right words to express the loss I feel.

“I suffer from heart problems which have not improved and I sometimes struggle to cope physically.

“Since Gagandip's death I feel like my heart is completely broken and taken away from me is my son and a source of joy in my day. My family now consists of only me and my daughter. I always think how different our lives could be if Gagandip were still here. I grieve not only for the loss I feel personally as a mother but also for a future that now looks far different without my son in it.”

A sister’s pain : “Since his death I have felt utterly adrift.”

In a victim impact statement Mr Singh’s sister, Amandip Singh said she was in “complete shock” when the police first came to her house to tell her about her brother’s death.

She said: “I wasn't so much upset because I was so confused and wasn't really sure how to react. Gagandip was always my support and was the person I always looked to when I was upset. He helped me to understand and deal with emotions and so the night when the police came I was totally and completely lost. He was a constant source of support in my life, emotionally and practically.

“Since his death I have felt utterly adrift and often incapable of coping with the grief of his death.

“When I was much younger I would have trouble sleeping and didn't like to sleep alone. Gagan was the person who reassured me and built up my confidence that I could sleep normally. Since his death I have reverted to sleeping with the light on and generally do not sleep well. Gagan's death is a constant source of upset for me. On an average day I think of all the ways my life and me myself as a person are different.

“Gagandip and I often fought over the remote control and who would sit in the front seat of the car on a family drive. Now I have the remote to myself and can sit in the front seat as often as I like - both only serve as a reminder of the great hole in my life left my Gagandip. I feel that I have no one left in my life to express my feelings to and tell of my achievements.

“Gagandip was always there to listen and make me feel confident in my own abilities. His loss has made me doubt myself and I no longer have the father figure he was. Since our fathers death “Gagandip helped me to cope with his loss. We planned to always visit his grave together. I have no other siblings and the thought of visiting the grave alone makes me feel very lonely. In a way Gagandip took over our father's role when it came to looking after me and making arrangements for my future. Deciding universities without him has been very difficult.

“His death has meant that I have had to grow up far quicker. Now the dynamics of my family has changed and it’s just mum and I.

“Today I am driving what used to be Gagandip's BMW. When my father was alive, he and Gagandip promised to get me a BMW when I passed my test. In a strange way Gagandip has fulfilled that promise. Though initially I was very uncomfortable driving it as Gagandip hated anyone in his car. I even had a fear of opening the boot but with time I see it as a source of comfort and a positive thing.”