Gagandip Singh Trial Verdict

SinghWarrior

I wanted to refute claims by some members that he didn't attempt to rape her. Both sides were wrong and both sides have paid a price, sadly, one with his life. I have great sympathy for his family that is left behind, they certainly didn't ask for any of this.

No body deserves to die in this way. May his soul rest in peace.

I think it's because his lawyer is very smart and want's to establish motive for why mahil and associates will murder him. I would still wait for actual court documents to come out before making assumptions here, just because the news can slant, cut phrases a lawyer says to make everything to fit their perception. I'm not sticking up for Gagandip as i don't know him and his crew of Dal Khalsa Uk and rest hate me with passion. Previous threads will show why they hate me.......lol. Dal Khalsa UK have actually threatened people on their facebook group and are trying to hide the facts.....lol Really pathetic I don't have anything nice to say about this crew, so I'll keep the comments to myself. But relying on the news is also no good and will only create a biased image of Gagandip Singh.

Just maybe some of Gagandip Singh's life work can inspire a person to join Sikhi or it can teach them to stay away from things that got him caught in a brutal situation, when presented in a unbaised way. And if some person comes on here, reading your post on how he's such and such and it's not true. Then you have to pay for misleading another and for slandering Gagandip Singh. The Jamdhoot are not merciful and Yama makes sure you get all the punishment that you deserve for the misleading and slandering. The beating they give is barbaric. The same goes for Dal Khalsa Uk and rest of the boys that are so called protecting Gagandip Singh's honor.

Thank You for reading the Dal Khalsa UK ,BSSF,AK47 Jatha Statement on the issue we hope it's clear enough to all those who wish to slander Gagan,

On hindsight Mundil Kaur should have gone straight to the police when Gagandip tried to rape her. In all likelihood, Gagandip would have been put onto the sex offenders register, and that would have been the end of it. However, the desire of 'Punjabi Village Justice' (aka Jungle Justice), made her take the path of taking the law into her own hands...and now the lives of 4 young people have been destroyed.

I've just read the whole thread

Very interesting.

As a completely neutral party, the situation appears clear to me.

It is evident that there was an incident of attempted rape, regardless of how many people adamantly reject this notion.

However, i do think it necessary to look into the case further than this.

To me it seems that its a classic situation of a guy liking a girl and her not returning those feelings. The guy tried to make a pass and got rejected.

As a gursikh, yes these actions are wrong. This should be accepted by all.

I think the fact that he stopped and apologised countless times after the incident should also be taken into account when discussing his character.

From what i have read and researched on this story though, one thing remains clear; that the girl should have been handed out a much harsher sentence.

As to the stories of further alleged rapes and other accusations being thrown at the now deceased Singh, without proper evidence,

it wouldn't be right to take these into account in this kind of debate.

All should agree that yes, the Singh wasn't a saint, a completely innocent party, a top role model for all to follow, and his pass/ attempted rape is no doubt a major sin.

However, we should remain aware to the fact that the 'victim' of this attempted rape,

turned out to be much more malicious than her attacker and that ultimately led to the horrific death of this Singh.

Either way, slandering either party will not help now. What is done is done.

True akj_4eva., you had summarised the thread very well, there is an english say "do not talk ill of the dead", this is probably in relation to karma, what we want to be remembered as, sure the case has brought up some very dubious gala, which no one is comfortable with, again I am one of those who agrees that we do not need to make a song and dance about the past, who are we too judge, it is evident that gagandip had many faults, who doesn't ?, kaam get's the better of best of the best, who are we ? yes a rapist deserve's punishment, in a court of law, not when they have been murdered and accusations made after ? yes we will all pay for our actions, let us together do ardas that maharaj forgives him of any faults/sins and blesses him however guru sahib should decide.... we are just beggars at guru jis dhar...

I've just read the whole thread

Very interesting.

As a completely neutral party, the situation appears clear to me.

It is evident that there was an incident of attempted rape, regardless of how adamant many people are to this notion.

However, i do think it necessary to look into the case further than this.

To me it seems that its a classic situation of a guy liking a girl and her not returning those feelings. The guy tried to make a pass and got rejected.

As a gursikh, yes these actions are wrong. This should be accepted by all.

I think the fact that he stopped and apologised countless times after the incident should also be taken into account when discussing his character.

From what i have read and researched on this story though, one thing remains clear; that the girl should have been handed out a much harsher sentence.

As to the stories of further alleged rapes and other accusations being thrown at the now deceased Singh, without proper evidence,

it wouldn't be right to take these into account in this kind of debate.

All should agree that yes, the Singh wasn't a saint, a completely innocent party, a top role model for all to follow, and his pass/ attempted rape is no doubt a major sin.

However, we should remain aware to the fact that the 'victim' of this attempted rape,

turned out to be much more malicious than her attacker and that ultimately led to the horrific death of this Singh.

Either way, slandering either party will not help now. What is done is done.

I think this summarises it up very well, for all parties involved in this debate. We aren't going to get to the bottom of it, so lets not polarise ourselves on this isuue.

History is a great teacher, and I hope that young Sikhs will learn from this sorry episode.

I think we're all agreed on the above point by chatanga. To be honest though, I think where some Sikhs (myself included) feel uneasy, is the way that gagandeeps photo and memory is being plastered around everywhere as if he was a great gursikh for the youngsters to aspire to. This is wrong. At the end of the day he was a rich man. No more. No less. He had money to set up a sikh channel. He had money to set up sikh societies. People are confusing his financial abiliities with great sikh values. That is a mistake.

I think we're all agreed on the above point by chatanga. To be honest though, I think where some Sikhs (myself included) feel uneasy, is the way that gagandeeps photo and memory is being plastered around everywhere as if he was a great gursikh for the youngsters to aspire to. This is wrong. At the end of the day he was a rich man. No more. No less. He had money to set up a sikh channel. He had money to set up sikh societies. People are confusing his financial abiliities with great sikh values. That is a mistake.

This.

I don't agree with the overly positive reaction in terms of what he did. It sickens me that people have tried to justify it in every way possible, calling it an act of love, saying that he was obviously very emotional afterwards etc, saying that everyone makes mistakes (they sure do, but with this logic every rape or horrific act carried out by anyone is permissible), or ignoring absolutely everything and saying that it just didn't happen. It happened. It was wrong, very wrong and cannot be justified. I don't think many of you understand the seriousness of what went on. Nonetheless, I think what WestLondonSingh is spot on and I'm equally as irked in at that, and we shall leave it at that.