Which Shabad To Do 125000 Times ?

doing any jaap tha many times is a gupt seva. so suppose its ok posting it here, but, its best to ask your guru which shabad to do.. there are lots of jaaps to do. its not wise to do jaap of shabads that many times as u do defo get 'gifets' from guru G. and if u duno why u gona do the jaap, n ur just picking a shabad at random, who is to say you will know n understand what you recieve from guru G? like, there are shabads that will make your tongue silver. i.e. anyhting you say will come true. and if u duno what ur doing (as in the shabad), and you say summin 'galat', (rong), to somone, and its comes true, then its on you!

this is why you go to a maha purash to get a shabad,as they know what is for you. posting onthis forum, yes it helps.. but u cant jus go n do whatever shabad.. (thas my point). :)

so either u hear an amazing shabad, and it hits your heart n u do that shabad, (cuz ur ready for it as gurur G has allowed your ardaas to becom complete and has let that specific shabad hit your heart, hence you can do that shabad as its approved by guru G), or jus go to maha purash (sant - a proper one)..

har jun aisa chaaheya, jaisa har! he! hoee!

gurfateh!

• 2 months later...

i used to think that too, but for the standard person remembering God 24/7 is very difficult to start off with. I'm not there, but can certainly say it's more achievable by carrying these Jaaps of 125,000,etc. As at first they are just a goal, a number, but it sort of forces you to stick to the Jaap and carry out a certain number a day for example.

This Jaap then develops, as it says in JapJi Sahib, 'Gaveeai Suneeai Man Rakheeai Bhau'. We must sing/recite first. Whether that be all day singing Kirtan or all day doing a sava lakh jaap.

I personally see it as a tool to make things easier.

Sorry for any mistakes.

Regarding which shabad, all Gurbani will do our bhala. In the end, you are more likely to stick to the abhiyaas if you pick a shabad that you feel connected to :)

Personally, I feel closer to mool mantr and JupJi Sahib. That is probably because I have heard some katha on both and can understand a bit better. Regardless of which shabad you decide on, I would strongly recommend that you listen to it's katha first so you can understand slightly deeper meanings. Then when reciting, focus on the meanings. This has a HUGE impact and keep the mind focused. Giani Thakur Singh Jee has said many times in katha, 'man ta artha vich hi tikda' (the mind becomes stable only when focusing on meanings)

very good veechar above. Ive met two singhs who have both done sava lakh chaupai sahib and both are in great chardi kalla

IMHO: whatever shabad you do abyaas of you will obtain the sidhi (be able to actualize) of that shabad. So once an innocent man was in prison, the saint told him to do sava lakh of Gauree M5 Thir kar baiso har jan pyaare and you will get out of jail...... but he didnt read the Gauri M5, he just started from the shabad. The saint came to visit him in prison said you must read the heading aswell, today that man is alive he got out of jail at the first hearing.

Its a subjective issue, whatever shabad you like is important and one that brings you more spirituality. Dont think the mere mathematical jaap will givwe you anything....you gotta do the jaap like serious bhagti in an organised way like a nitnem maryada. Personally if iwas to do such a jaap i would read Dhanasri M5 Aukhi Garee Na Dekhan Dei. Baba Nand Singh Ji did sava lakh of this and they always said Mool Mantra is to Hosi Bih Sach because you cannot take Guru Nanak Pad out of the mantra since it was Guru Nanak Dev Ji who obtained this mantra. If you do to Gurprasaad you will only get to know Akaal Purkh's nirgun form and not his complete form

like if they have sharda, they shud do which ever 1.

but you said if they say something wrong it will come on them, that will b the case with any shabad.

everything is given by guru ji thou. dukh and sukh alike.

i dont disagree disagree typa thing but disagree from the sharda aspect. i hope u get me veer g alias g

yh.. everything is given by guru G, even if you do the paat, become silver tongued, which is not that tough, say summin wrong, and something bad happens to that person u have said it to, you then can get the karam from that 'deed'because u sow'd that seed, and then u have to pay for it. then, u learn ur lesson (cuz u pay the karam), the other perosn pays his karam, and all is happy again. this has happened lotsa timess.. and it is the case with any shabad.. but each shabad is 'different' in that, the focal point / reason for that ucharan of the (one) shabad, is differet.. i.e. basically each rahao line is different. or, it can be the same, but the pankti (pauri) is different in the shabad when compared to another shabad.

just to say, karam is not the hand that you are delt in this life. its whatever you have sow'd in your previous life. more ppl are saying they dont believe in karam.. i ws shocked.. truely.

125,000 is a 'special' number.. its like if one asks, y 125.000, you ask, y did bhai gurdaas G say 'do (2) saadh sangat' and 'punji parmeswar', and punj piyaare, and why the amrit sunhaar says right hand ontopa the left n not the other way round. there is somthing in numbers. 1.25 is one of the numbers..

maaf karna if i come accrosss strong, i dont mean to. (",)