Moh Or Kaam

Only five

Have you tackled Kaam, do you get no thoughts of it at all?

I have already said the answer to this question. Saying the answering is also very harmful because it brings a higher form of ego in a person. Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh ji Maharaj has said to stay silent and keep yourself in Shabad Guru because ego is very strong we don't know when it will catch us and knock us down. I only write these post to help others who are suffering from worldly ways. But then again writing post can bring out ego in me, so it's a constant battle to hold a balance and writing does drop our jeevans low. So it is best to keep quiet. Also that's why i'm only going to answer questions on how to move forward and not discuss with anyone what i wrote. If other want to discuss what i wrote that is their choice and way.

I have already said the answer to this question. Saying the answering is also very harmful because it brings a higher form of ego in a person. Sant Baba Gurbachan Singh ji Maharaj has said to stay silent and keep yourself in Shabad Guru because ego is very strong we don't know when it will catch us and knock us down. I only write these post to help others who are suffering from worldly ways. But then again writing post can bring out ego in me, so it's a constant battle to hold a balance and writing does drop our jeevans low. So it is best to keep quiet. Also that's why i'm only going to answer questions on how to move forward and not discuss with anyone what i wrote. If other want to discuss what i wrote that is their choice and way.

Umm isnt consistent with Gurbani, gurbani talks about the killing of the 5 choor, to give advice on things you havnt conquered your self is hypercritical, but you may have i cant say. If you haven't I would be wary as Gurbani talks about 1 achieving something before 1 talks about it.

Here is a video where a Singh clearly tells us about meditation (it was recently pasted in a different thread). Forward to 18:30 and he talks about it till 24:00. Those that have the burning desire to meet Maharaj, you will benefit a lot from listening to the whole thing. This is some very deep stuff.....words can't describe it.

We always need to consider ourselves as the lowest of the low.

Kaam is natural human biological response for the body's DNA need to procreate. How you channel that kaam is what differentiates you from just a normal person who lets kaam control them or a Sikh who is able to control and channel the kaam (by focusing the mind elsewhere) and when to use kaam in the right time (ie when with your wife/husband).

Anyone with no kaam has a problem anyone who has too much kaam also has a problem.

Baji your not wrong about being humble, but by just not saying what your avasta is doesnt mean you’re being egotistic, Bhagat Kaaber Ji telling the towns folk that he had met vaheguru wasnt being egotist, it was immense love for the Sangat that they should know the truth, but the people in the town just called him crazy, what my point is anyone in a postion of Power/authority in SIKHI must have a Avasta that’s the basis of our Religion otherwise its the blind leading the Blind, and comes down to statements like I believe this is the truth, that makes me laugh because it states in bani that there will be a time that even on things they have no grasp on, a opinion will be given.

Some will say well i have the right to believe what i want to, thats fine as long as you dont tell other people it, as a statement of Fact, it’s important to just say i dont know but this is what i believe, that in my opinion is fine, but when it comes to things like What the mind is, or How to meditate or how to tackle the punj choor, one should not give a opinion, as gurbani has stated what it is and if you’re not sure that your interpretation of it is right, dont unwittingly lead someone in to the dark.

Because its quite important this life, we only have one and if we get stuck in reading things and believing them as Gospal yet not knowing whether that person teaching had Union with God 100% this life is wasted.

And it’s a touchy subject in our religion on who is a True Sant or Teacher of the Devine, because there have been very notable people in the punth after 1900's whos views differ in some regards hence the rift in Sikhi, makes me wonder. Also allows people to give their opinion on what they believe is correct.

WJKK WJKF,

I really liked your post because it realy makes you think. Its always good to know that someone is there to provide help even though some people are there just to question everything that has been said.

So I just wanted to ask tho, how do u remain consistent in your ways in trying to have control on attachment?

or mainly how do you have control on feeling attachment to something that u've always done and now its a habit, such as work.

WJKK WJKF

WJKK WJKF,

I really liked your post because it realy makes you think. Its always good to know that someone is there to provide help even though some people are there just to question everything that has been said.

So I just wanted to ask tho, how do u remain consistent in your ways in trying to have control on attachment?

We can't control anything. Thinking we can control is the problem; is the attachment. Hardest part is letting go and saying i know nothing and bowing to Satguru with the mind. Think of it this way. Everyone donates, but all donate for a different reason. Some want a son, some want a new car, a new job, fame, all want something. By asking for these things we want to control how our lives and say it should go in a certain direction that I desire. A Gursikh ask for Satguru's pyare and if he ask for anything else then he will ask for those things that will only increase the pyare and will not get him attached to worldly things. In Aarti we hear and read Bhagat Dhanna Ji Maharaj asking for things from Maharaj, but have we asked in what mindset is he asking for. Is he asking to fill an emptiness in his life with the material thing or so he can continue living a householder lifestyle and keep meditating on Maharaj. Bhagat ji is ask for the latter reason. Say Maharaj didn't give him one of the things Bhagat ji asked for. Will he get sad or feel emptiness in his life? Never because his main desire is to meditate on Maharaj and nothing else. Bhagat ji is in love and if his husband Lord doesn't give him something he is happy and if he does he is still as happy as not recieving or even before asking.

Also in Sri Rehras Sahib da paat we are told the following:

ਊਡੇ

ऊडे ऊडि आवै सै कोसा तिसु पाछै बचरे छरिआ ॥

Ūde ūd āvai sai kosā ṯis pācẖẖai bacẖre cẖẖari▫ā.

The flamingoes fly hundreds of miles, leaving their young ones behind.

<a class="dict" href="http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.dictionary?Param=ਤਿਨ">ਤਿਨ ਕਵਣੁ ਖਲਾਵੈ ਕਵਣੁ ਚੁਗਾਵੈ ਮਨ ਮਹਿ ਸਿਮਰਨੁ ਕਰਿਆ ॥੩॥

तिन कवणु खलावै कवणु चुगावै मन महि सिमरनु करिआ ॥३॥

Ŧin kavaṇ kẖalāvai kavaṇ cẖugāvai man mėh simran kari▫ā. ||3||

Who feeds them, and who teaches them to feed themselves? Have you ever thought of this in your mind? ||3||

Ang Sung 10

We all think Maharaj is far away from us and so we have this desire to say i need to go do all this work and go to school and many other things. Otherwise nothing will get done and i won't have any money and i wont be able to pay my bills and i will get put on the street with nothing. We are all worried, but we as moorakhs don't realize Maharaj is right next to us, in us taking care of us every breath and every second. Satguru has told us what we need to do; get up for Amritvela do paat, make a honest living, give to charity all in the pyare of Maharaj. We do paat, but our mind is running around, worried about the worldly affairs. Did i pay this bill, what will i do after paat, what will i wear to work (bibian worrying about this more...lol), is by Dastar okay...no lar out of place, and the list goes on. If we take the above Gurbani pauri to heart, then our mind will not run around. We would just be doing everything in the present and not think about the past or future. We just need to follow Satguru's Hukams; live a Gursikh lifestyle. This is where Rehat comes in. We can remember Satguru by saying Satguru told me to do this in Rehat so im going to do it. And keep doing this by adding more things from Rehat to your daily life.

or mainly how do you have control on feeling attachment to something that u've always done and now its a habit, such as work.

WJKK WJKF

Break down your work life and ask yourself what about your work keeps you going 5 days a week. Is it the money, the work itself, the authority you have over others, the work relationships you have or it can be a combination of things. When you have a day off from work, isolate yourself in a quiet room and then all day do paat. Start off by doing Simran on Vaheguru, then move on to Gurbani. Maharaj will give you the strength to let go of the habit and make you realize what made it a habit. To get rid of a habit you need to replace it with a habit that is much more powerful and meaningful in your life. And this habit is meditating on Maharaj. So also when at work keep doing Vaheguru simran or a Bani you have memorized. At first it will be hard, so take an mp3 player or ipod and have Simran or a Paat playing the whole time. Depending on the type of work you do, it will be difficult or easy to keep doing simran. If you deal with numbers and constantly communicating with people, then its much more difficult, but not impossible. Takes more time. If you work alone and can have an ipod then your in a better position and it will be easier. The idea is to keep meditating at work, so you start going to work because you can do paat there and develop a deeper love for Maharaj. So the work becomes just completing a task and doing the simran becomes the habit. Think of it this way. A coffee drinker can't function without his coffee and he needs it every morning because hes addicted to the caffeine. You give him just the water in a cup and it's not going help him function. Give him just the sugar and still he won't be able to function. What is your caffiene at work?