A 'Baba' Staying At My House

PranaamShaheedaNu

Gur Fateh to all Singhs and Singhniaa,

In a previous post I described how my parents were agiants my keeping my Kesh and Dhari. They still are, however with Maharaajs Kirpa i have given up drink and meat and my Dhari is growing fast!. I also desribed how my parents and my younger brother have been calling a so called Baba in India; who informs them to do jal taare (throwing water towards the sun) and tells them to do certain things which in my mind seem to be Mamat and againsat the Gurus way! This Monday the Baba arrived from India and is now at my house. I did inform my paresnt that if the Baba came i would leave the house as i beleive it is against the tenets of Sikhi to be associated with such people. I left. I need some advice as to whether what i have done is correct? If we are Sikh should we be following so called Babeh?

Just as a side note this man is not a Amritdhari, he trims his beard but keeps a Pagh, but worships a Naag Devta.

Please sangat jee i hope you can shed some light on this subject! I have done constant Ardaas to Waheguru jee and with their kirpa i have kept calm.

Gur Fateh! :blush2:

I can't really fault your stance tbh. The Baba Ji currently residing in your residence doesn't sound like the kind of person Gursikhs should be mixing with. You've made your stand and just bide your time.

I do worry for your family though, as some of these Babeh have a habit of setting up bases in various countries so they can visit whenever they need something. If this Baba does choose your residence as a base of operations when in your respective country, I would find that a very worrying development. If your family is enabling this Baba Ji and running after him trying to fulfil every whim and fancy of his, he's probably thinking he's found a fresh batch of cheleh.

Good luck whatever happens, and be strong in your beliefs. You're not at fault in this particular scenario.

WJKK WJKF

This is very sad news. I dont want to scare u, but once he is in ur house, anythin can happen. Depends wat kind of baba he is, and whether he is going to use wat he has learned in wrong ways. But sounds like he is not a gursikh, and why has he come to ur house? Did u ask ur parents why he has come? I cant understand why he has come to stay as so called baba's dont normally stay the night, either they come and go, so its something to think about.

But dont u worry do chaupai sahib ji da paat, and im not sure whether i should say this, but would it be worth getting advise from an elder gursikh, or a mahapursh? Please other members of the sangat advise paji on this as its very worrying to hear something like this. Or on the other hand, he may just be wanting to make some money, without any dangerous powers and see ur parents as an opportunity.

WJKK WJKF Simran Phenji!

Thank you for your reply, well im embarassed to say that my dad sponsored him to come to the UK and now hes in my house. Before he has told my parents to make ''taveets'' (little square pieces of paper with numbers on them (almost like sudoku) and immerse them in water then drink it) and they do this! He tells them to do random stuff like (eg) my mum rang him and said to him that my younger brother gets angry quickly, so he told her to add water into a jug mix with sugar and pour it towards the sun (like Hindus do) and as a result of this his anger will lessen. This obviously hasnt worked. I told my mum of the Saakhi of Baba Nanak at Ganges when GuruJi explained to the Brahmins that the water will not reach their ancestors, but my mum laughed and said these are just stories! Recently my dad took my brother to india because he had to sort his ''kundli'' (birth chart) out. When i questioned it and told him that as Sikhs we do not beleive in this manmat they all laughed. He went to India and conducted a pooja with this baba of Shiva, but they said to me they did the pooja in ''Guru Nanak Naam'' how can you do a pooja (against Sikh Rehat) in Guru Nanaks Name? They constatly tell me that all of what they are doping is part of Sikhism... but from reading Chaupai Sahib i understand that ''Raam Raheem, Puran Q'uran Anek Kahe Mat EK na Maneyo'' -- Ram and Raheem the Purans and the Q'uran, they say many things but I do not beleive in any of them''. They tell me to cut my beard but i do not agree, they laugh because i have stopped drinking and eating meat (with Maharaajs Kirpa).

Please this is my Benti to all Singhs and Singhneea, as your younger brother please advise me.

Waheguru Sukh Rakhi Sabh Thaee

Gur Fateh!

It has really scared me that if he can make them do this sort of stuff, what else is he capable of?

WJKK WJKF

Paji dont be scared, if you are scared then only negativity will get to you. Dont say anything to this man, dont provoke him, dont talk infront of him, just keep out of his way, that is my advise to you..Sorry i cannot advise you further as I myself have been through similar situations as this and i really dont know wat to say. All these things are not within sikhi, ask any gursikh. But keep doing chaupai sahib ji da paat, waheguruji will help you.

Dont cut ur beard, makes no difference if they laugh, as they are laughing at themselves. But dont go argue unwantedly with ur family. Keep strong and keep telling them its not right.

Can i ask if your family is dukhi in some way, as normally people that are dukhi try anything and dont realise wat they are doing or whether its going to work. From wat u are describing its completely a different religion from wat is being practised.

Please dont be scared, there is nothing to be scared of. The man cannot hurt anybody, and the things such as pointing water to sun, etc, have no meaning. But i will say dont u drink nothing from him, or eat anything, trust me on that one. And may waheguruji help u out in this.

So please any knowledgeable member of the sangat help this brother, as I dont know wat else advise to give.

WJKK WJKF

With Wahegurus Meher, I left my house last night and have come to stay with my Bibi Jee. I dont know of any dukh Phenji, but all i cay say is that they hate the fact that i am on this road, I just hope Waheguru Sache Paatshah keeps his meher!

Thank you once again! Any other adivse is kindly received. :)

Waheguru!

WJKK WJKF

Thats gr8 stay at ur bibiji's house. I still cant understand if there is no dukh, why families go to these babeh. I can understand if somebody is dukhi and they cant see no way out then its an excuse to go. But if there is no dukh in their lives, makes no sense.

This thing is going on in most families in our communtiy. people tend to go to others when there is somebody talking back to them,

Dont ever think that waheguruji is not with us, just because when we go to the gurdwara we dont hear nobody talking back to us. Thats not true. Waheguruji is always there, its just that we cant hear them in our bad times.

Whatever is written in our karm will happen and nobody can change that. And if its something to do with blackmagic/jadu-tunaa then only a high level mahapursh/brahmgyani can get rid of that with gurbani and even then that would be gurbani/god doing the work not the human. Thats my thinking as I dont know any different.

REally hope this gets sorted. our people keep doing these things, if somebody gained something from so n so, then try it, so they stuck in the vicious cycle and then comes a time when they cant get out of it.

Guest West London Singh

WJKK WJKF

Paji dont be scared, if you are scared then only negativity will get to you. Dont say anything to this man, dont provoke him, dont talk infront of him, just keep out of his way, that is my advise to you...

What the hell kind of advice is that ? We are Sikhs. And the 'baba' in his house is a charlatan. What great power do charlatans have that can destroy a sikh ? What great power do charlatans have that Sikhs should hide behind doors like scared mice ? Stupidest advice I've ever read in my life.

For gods sake man up a bit original poster. Best case scenario.....your old man has sponsored a charlatan on a visitors visa....The charlatan wil, no doubt end up doing his tricks for money...i.e work......You pick up the phone and get this 'baba' kicked up the backside by the border agency. Other than that.........You talk to the entire planet and the humans on it and ask them what they think is the best thing about Sikhism. 99,9% will tell you its the way that Sikhism is very scientific, modern and shuns rituals and mumbo jumbo. Indeed, our forefathers left that other religion precicisely because they were too enlightened to still believe in mumbo jumbo.

And yet here we are......500 years later....sitting in the cradle of western civilisation.....and we find Sikhs born and educated in that enlightened environment talking to each other about mumbo jumbo. One tells the other he's a quivering wreck and doesn't know what to do. The other advises he should hide behind doors and sofas because dark forces may try to destroy him.

You people may have noticed that whilst I regularly post on all issues here I never post on any thread that has anything to do with sants, taksals, akj, holy men etc. Thats because I'm a sikh. I don't believe in any of them because I don't need any of them. We were left with Sri Guru Granth sahib ji for a reason. And that reason was the fact that we don't need any false distractions or false prophets. That is all we need. To hell with mumbo jumbo.

Regularly bring amritdhari friends home....and see how long it takes before this 'baba' runs down the road in his kutcha. They thrive on fear. So far....you're showing him plenty of what he wants.

Other than that, I think you should contact Channell 4 and ask them to make a fly on the wall documentary about your household. Disfunctional doesn't even begin to cover it. The goings on will make compulsive viewing.

But seriously now....This is the stage its got to now with us Sikhs : Its got to the stage where Hindus are reading about what Sikhs are getting up to and wondering why Sikhs have so many rituals and believe in so much mumbo jumbo. In this topsy turvy upside down world its getting to the stage where sikhs will leave sikhism and embrace hinduism simply to escape the backward non-sensical black magic mumbo jumbo rituals. Our forefathers must be looking down at us right now wondering how they ever produced such plonkers for great great grandchildren. They were slicing mumbo jumbo up with swords. 500 years later and we're advising each other to hide behind sofas from the great power of mumbo jumbo. God help us.